Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: I want a life of freedom [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3184873 - 09/27/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
I understand, each person must forge their own sword to fight the battle of mind... only *I* can fix this reality I call distorted.. I know i know..

It is just if I take the stance of ignoring issues and feeling happy about life, I feel I am cheating myself, I feel I must look at the world and see the wrong doings and feel bad about it until I do something to change it, I feel I should somehow be nice, so others will catch on and pass it on in the great web of life....

It is, again, a matter of perspective. When I ignore issues, it's not that I am "ignoring" issues. It's that I can't fix all the ills of the world. But I can fix my one piece of the world, in my own small way. Keep in mind the butterfly effect.

Quote:

yet I get negative as well and I see how even a life of 'harmony' is filled with sorrow and I wonder if this whole 'karma' thing is bogus, and that there is no charge your soul takes to to the realm of after death, whatever this density vibration holds, I can feel it for sure, but could it be an illusion

Yes, life is good, bad, pretty, ugly, etc. There are rainbows, and hurricanes. There is poverty, and banquets. There is resignation, and acceptance, though.

I can't fix the world, so I am resigned, and I try to ignore the pain. But I can fix the part of the world in which I live. One day, I hope to help the part of the world in which I live.

That might not fix the whole world, but I never believed I was here to fix the world in the first place.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: I want a life of freedom [Re: Frog]
    #3184890 - 09/27/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I never believed I was here to fix the world in the first place.

No, that is my job!

Hey girls, gather round
Listen to what I'm putting down
Hey baby, I'm your handyman

I'm not the kind to use a pencil or rule
I'm handy with love and I'm no fool
I fix broken hearts, I know but I truly can

If your broken heart should need repair
Then I am the man to see
I whisper sweet things, you tell all your friends
They'll come runnin' to me

Here is the main thing that I want to say
I'm busy 24 hours a day
I fix broken hearts, I know but I truly can

Come, come, come
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Come, come, come
They'll come runnin' to me

Here is the main thing that I want to say
I?m busy 24 hours a day
I fix broken hearts, baby I?m your handyman

Come, come, come
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Come, come, come
Yeah, yeah, yeah

That?s me
(Come, come, come) I?m your handyman
(Yeah, yeah, yeah) That?s me
(Come, come, come) I?m your handyman
(Yeah, yeah, yeah)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: I want a life of freedom [Re: Swami]
    #3184921 - 09/27/04 01:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I hate to drag another thread's topic here, but that would also, imo, be in keeping with the personality of an intovert. IMO, introverts are more likely to be in charge of the world. Extroverts are more likely to just "live" the world. And again, not a matter of which is "good" and which is "bad". They're both good and bad.

:grin"

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3184926 - 09/27/04 01:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

who will fix it? how selfish of us to pass the burden on to others.. the Christian faith teaches purity, yet nicotine, booze, gasoline and concrete rule the lives of many..
  ok so, you are healthy, smart, eat right and exercise and take care/control of your life... is it not selfish to devote everything to betterment of your own persona, is there not a greater own ' persona' to work towards such as the perseverance of this earth and the habits which bring about this action?

wait, just fuck it all and see how my mind is the key to enlightenment right? ignore the pain and make sure the glass if half full... well, easy from your point of V,  you have years of mental backing up to support your spiritual process...

as a 'noob' to life, I find it hard to think advice others have and the general systems of this world could possibly be how it is supposed to be( and this is when people will say, "BUT 2X, see how it is, IS how it is supposed to be, because it is , and it could be no other way, right? ")

and I really hate that standpoint^^ because if everyone thought like that no one would try to fight it,  and become the change, and feel the pain and try to stop it..

ok a now I will rant :cheers:
the world is bleeding and if we just pass it as breeze the wound will escalate to a gaping wound infiltrating the infrastructure rotting the roots from the values of man

ok ok way off topic, FREEDOM, yes, give me freedom...

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3185041 - 09/27/04 02:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
who will fix it? how selfish of us to pass the burden on to others..

I don't mean that I am passing the buck.  The way I see it, there are people who are meant to be President.  The President can make changes on a huge scale.  I am not meant to be President.  My changes, if any, will be made on a very small scale in comparison.

I recently had a client whose gf was seeking a restraining order against him.  He didn't have as much money as I was asking, so I helped him for half the amount.  I spent a lot of time with him.  Even after the case was over, I found phone numbers for him and even contacted a service for him through which he might be able to obtain some help.

Even though this wasn't on the scale of what the President of the U.S. could do, maybe I helped him in a way that he could go on to do something bigger and better. 

Quote:

the Christian faith teaches purity, yet nicotine, booze, gasoline and concrete rule the lives of many..

I admit to enjoying drinking wine at night.  :grin:  I like to think that God loves my anyways. 

Quote:

ok so, you are healthy, smart, eat right and exercise and take care/control of your life... is it not selfish to devote everything to betterment of your own persona, is there not a greater own ' persona' to work towards such as the perseverance of this earth and the habits which bring about this action?

What I was saying is that before I can help others who are in need, I have to take care of my own, first.  If my family is hungry and in need, it's very selfish of me to help others, first.  Once my own needs are met, once the needs of my children are met, then I can help others who are in need.

Quote:

wait, just fuck it all and see how my mind is the key to enlightenment right? ignore the pain and make sure the glass if half full... well, easy from your point of V,  you have years of mental backing up to support your spiritual process...

That's not what I'm saying.  There are a couple of different things going on here. 

Yes, first, I have lived a while longer than you, so I have better perspective.  But that doesn't mean my life was easier.  Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.  Who knows.  I was molested almost my whole life, while I was a child.  I was beaten.  I dropped out of school, became pregnant, did drugs, fucked around, etc.

as a 'noob' to life, I find it hard to think advice others have and the general systems of this world could possibly be how it is supposed to be( and this is when people will say, "BUT 2X, see how it is, IS how it is supposed to be, because it is , and it could be no other way, right? ")

I could easily be one of those people who sees the glass as "half full". 

But what I'm saying is...in spite of what happens to us, life is still good.  We can still see the best in ourselves, in others, in our circumstances.  We don't have to be victims. 

Even like Swami says...the guy who is held hostage or whatever.  Is he a victim?  I would say not.  Everything that happens to us, happens to us inside our own little heads.  It's what we do with it, while it's in there, that makes the difference. 

Quote:

and I really hate that standpoint^^ because if everyone thought like that no one would try to fight it,  and become the change, and feel the pain and try to stop it..

Let me think.  Hmmm.  I'm not saying that we don't help where we can.  I'm saying that we should recognize the ways in which we CAN help, and ignore the rest. 

Let's say that I am here in Orange County, California, and I can only afford to help a few people a year, who are poor.  If that's all I can do, why should I spend the rest of my time worrying about those that I can't help, such as those in Iraq?  What's the point in feeling bad?  So, I don't pay attention to it, because I can't do anything about it, and if I think about it, I will just feel sad.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3185044 - 09/27/04 02:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You say you want a life of freedom? I say it's all in your head, whether you end up with a life of freedom or not.

It truly is all within your brain.

--------------------

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#3185432 - 09/27/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the first step towards a life of freedom is overcoming the money obstacle. if you truly don't care about money, you've overcome it. be a "bum", or whatever. live off the excess of society rather than contribute to it. not much freedom there though..

on the other hand, if you want to live with money and use it the way we do today you'll have to start working to abolish all the privately owned central banks around the world that control the money supply to every country. after that, work on returning to the people the power to issue and print their own currency without answering to the credit predators that, for millennia, have ensnared us all in a lifelong debt trap. only then will you start to see real freedom.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #3185607 - 09/27/04 08:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like the best way to reach that kind of freedom is with a bottle of aspirin and a razor blade. Thats a depressing thought.

Accept responsibility, it has it's own rewards and remember not everything that ties you up has a negative slant. Can you honestly not think of one good thing that restricts you?

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3186017 - 09/27/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It seems like you need freedom from desire.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: I want a life of freedom [Re: Viaggio]
    #3186276 - 09/27/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Freedom to say who gives a fuck and just wander the globe soaking up mass culture of world wide systems and cultures , freedom to walk down a road, blocking traffic to protest gasoline prices and pollution issues, and not getting arrested for it... freedom to smoke a joint in public.... freedom to walk into any scenario and despite whatever odds I am faced with to overcome them without incident "

what you are describing is, essentially, my life.

Dont ask me why or how. what i can tell you tho is that if you want to do those things but find yourself unable, the source of that impediment is internal not external, and subject to change BY YOU>

seriously their is nothing on that list that you cant do. I plan to and already am doing much of it.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale