Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

How long can I store dried shrooms?
    #3180036 - 09/25/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone, somebody might be able to help me. I just got a killer batch of mushies at a music festival, half an ounce. I ate some and sold some and am left with a quarter. I just moved away from home and want to save what I have left to trip with my friends next time I take a road trip home, but that might not be for another six months. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find another hook up if I eat all that I have (plus they're really fuckin good!). Do they lose potency if stored for long periods of time? Do they eventually "go bad"? Will I be able to hold out that long? Hah..the tempation is already getting to me. Thanks! Peace to all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTestify
i'm emo.
Re: How long can I store dried shrooms? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3182760 - 09/26/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think they can go bad. You eat them when they are completely dried out anyways. So how much worse could they get? I'd just put them in a ziploc and get all the air out and store em like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3182800 - 09/26/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

They definitely wont go bad if they're dry.

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: How long can I store dried shrooms? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3182863 - 09/26/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

dont store them in a bag though, i would keep them in a small airtight container with a 3 liter coke lid half full of dessicant, there are better ways im sure, but thats better than a baggie...

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3182964 - 09/26/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OK, you guys are saying that they won't go bad after six months if they are dry....?  I don't think this is right....  I lost a killer batch of strong Amazonians with this thinking/ignorance....  Air/Oxygen oxidizes the active alkoloids in shrooms, and a plastic bag allows for oxygen exchange....  I was kikin my own ass when I tried the shrooms 2 months later and my "killer shroomz" did almost nothing....  :mad2:  I looked for the Shroomery faqs on this, but for some reason, the FAQS links are dead right now.... 

They best ways to make them keep for a long time would be to put them in an airtight canister, and fill the cannister with CO2, or some other inert type of gas (inert to the mushrooms)....  Or you can powder them up and put the powder TIGHTLY into capsules - squeezing out all of the air.... 

Check for yourself in the Shroomery FAQ when they are working again....

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: How long can I store dried shrooms? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3183083 - 09/26/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I said they wont go bad if they're dry, and they wont go bad. Bad as in go rotten.

Losing most or all of the psilocybin is a different story though, one that I don't really know since I've never ate 6 month old mushrooms... so I didn't comment on it.

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
    #3183232 - 09/26/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i've eaten really old mushrooms before. I was sick as fuck off them. Huge diareaha, vomiting like 5 or 6 times while tripping. Not a good time.

I think they were like 4 months old.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3183515 - 09/26/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've had some shrooms saved up since like april. Still have some. They were dried and bagged. No dessicant (it was tried, but the dessicant was old and useless).

I had a nice strong trip off them this month. (very strong, if you read my post in the 'how long does a trip last' faq). And a friend had a nice good trip too.

mjshroomer said they should last at least a couple years if properly dried.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: How long can I store dried shrooms? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3183576 - 09/26/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I'm getting mixed responses, so i think I will just play it safe and eat them :smile: What a horrible situation....If I can get another batch before I go see my friends, good for me, but in the mean time I will trip hardcore in their honor.  Thanks for the input everyone, peace.

OfflineTestify
i'm emo.
    #3184109 - 09/26/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

so i think I will just play it safe and eat them

haha yeah that be your best bet? why save them anyway? if you gottem, you myaswell munch em.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3184714 - 09/27/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Dry and store them correctly and they'll last indefinately. 9 years is the longest I've heard someone storing shrooms for and he tripped fine from them.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3185966 - 09/27/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Here is a quote from MJShroomer

Quote:

One collection of semilanceata from London gathered in 1851 were analysed in 1977 and found to be as potent as liberty caps from the PNW stored from 1976.

Store them right and they should last as long as you do.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3185980 - 09/27/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Are we talking "freshies" or dried ?
Freshies will not keep well .
If dried and stored proprerly they can keep for quite sometime .
Keep them cool and "dry" in dark place and you should be fine to eat them again in the near future .
To keep for long periods keep in air tight container with small pouch of desicant with them , cool , dark ........ and they can last very long with no or minimal loss of potency .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3185995 - 09/27/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i have dried mushrooms
in gelcaps
with no noticeable loss in potency after around 3 years

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules