Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Help the newbie!!!!
    #3185517 - 09/27/04 09:38 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Hey guys, I just stumbled upon this forum and I am very impressed with all the information available as well as the prescence of many kind individuals eager to help out newbies such as myself. I've read up a lot on mycology and I'm very interested in growing my own shrooms. I'd like to ask a couple of questions to help me get started.

What is a good overall species to start with? I've read that the b+ is very good in terms of production and ease of maintenance, but I don't know about it's potecy. Another thing, I live in the Philippines, so the climate conditions here are very different from the US, Canada or Europe. Can you recommend a good strain for growing in tropical climates?

Third, can you suggest any sites that can offer me reasonable prices and are willing to ship internationally? Being able to pay by credit caed would be great too. Thanks guys!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Help the newbie!!!! [Re: dedboy]
    #3185537 - 09/27/04 09:46 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

1. B+ is just a substrain of a larger species of mushroom called a cubensis. Any cubensis will do, they all have the same growth parameters. And potency can be very relative, it kinda depends on what you grow it on, BRF, Rye, WBS, Poo, Straw.

2. Cubensis are tropical mushrooms. That would be an ideal environment.

3. Go to the sponsor forum. Any shroomery sponsor will do you good.

"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3185543 - 09/27/04 09:49 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Koh Samui, may be native in your neck of the woods.Not for sure.

B+ is a good starter.

Good Luck and welcome to the Shroomery

Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

Male User Gallery

Loc: Further East
    #3185622 - 09/27/04 10:41 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

as most experienced ppl here have told me it doesnt really matter which strain ure growing as long as uve done ur reading and know wht to do.
im on my first grow, with the help of all the great individuals here, and im doing an orissa,india strain on a popcorn substrate and my jars are about ready to be birthed!
Cubensis grow in between 70-80 degrees F whic is in between around 21-24 degrees C, i think and i think u should just pick a strain tht sounds good do all the reading u can and go ahead and everything will work out perfect!!

born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3186252 - 09/27/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Why grow when they're readily available in the pastures there? Unless your a mycologist at heart! :wink: Welcome friend!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation