Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Working off my first homemade print--strangeness!
    #3184822 - 09/27/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So I used the tek to make a spore solution by suspending the cap on wire above a pint of sterilized water.  So I had about a 1/2 pint of "spore water." 
    And then I did an experiment.  1st, had three quarts of grain that were innoculated with a karo culture I had made from rye berries.  This was something like 4th generation myc culture, so I wasn't too surprised to find that the myc was piss-weak and Bacillus set in after about a week. 
    The 3 jars I innoculated with the spore solution are looking good.  Very robust.  :thumbup: :grin:
    There are two black spots in one of the jars, but I can't tell if its just rye discoloration, or black mold.  Whatever the case, the myc is now overtaking the discoloration.  I can, in mycological terms, see Hulk Hogan doing the 4-direction ear-listen.  The Leg Drop is coming. 
      But I also innoculated two karo jars with this same spore solution.  I just checked them and one has a little spot that's like a fried egg, except the yolk is black.  I'm assuming this is a contam.  The other jar looks okay, but, I am seeing relatively weak mycological growth.  Just white bits that settle on the bottom of the jar.  If I shake it up, I can see bits of myc, but nothing like those cottony balls of myc that I've seen from pics here.  My concern is that this karo growth looks a lot like the weak myc growth that I used to innoculate the 3 jars that went bad. 
        I'm wondering if, as I used one syringe for the really nice-looking grain jars and the two karo jars, WTF??  I might have erred a little heavy on the karo concentration in the two karo jars.  Would this retard growth/make weak growth? 
        SHould I get as close to 1tbs. per pint as possible?  My problem is I have a vendor syringe sitting here and I want to extend with the karo tek, but my experiences with karo have been pretty limp.  What to do??  SOrry, this was a long post, but I very much appreciate any insight the vets can give.  Thanks!! :grin:

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenoxy
Dr
 User Gallery

Loc: its more a time, not a pl...
Re: Working off my first homemade print--strangeness! [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3184860 - 09/27/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

have you tried this tek honey tek

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Working off my first homemade print--strangeness! [Re: noxy]
    #3184877 - 09/27/04 01:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I was trying to follow it. But I think I miscalculated by putting below a pint of water into my pint jars (so as to avoid spillage) yet keeping the karo level at 1 tbsp for the volume of water. Will this higher karo mix retard myc growth?? Thanks!

GB

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Working off my first homemade print--strangeness! [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3184937 - 09/27/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It shouldn't have made that much of a difference. How did you sterilize the karo jars? Pressure cooker?? I have never had exactly the right amount in a jar and they have all been succesfull. My guess is that a contam hit it at some point between sterilization and innoculation. That is more than likely the cause of weak and/or stunted mycellial growth.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Working off my first homemade print--strangeness! [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3184958 - 09/27/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks! I'm trying to weed out the factors that are causing the jars to go bad/underperform. Well, perhaps we'll just have to experiment a bit more.

GB

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale