Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
my mother!
    #3184392 - 09/26/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

a couple months ago my mother joined a buddhist temple, she's been practicing several forms of meditation and volunteering there. when i attended her 50th birthday party this week, she looked younger than i remember her. she had done some really fantastic interior design with the house, some really crafty things on her behalf. then she showed me a new picture she bought titled "Regret" it was three simple sketches of a guy sleeping in restless positions in this rectangular box. it really spoke to me and i sincerely complented her taste, and she told me this wonderful anecdote about how she saw the piece last year at a crafts festival but got caught up with some friends and forgot about it. when she ran into the woman again at the festival this year, as she bought it, she said the one thing she regreted about last year was not getting that piece, that she thought it was excellent. the woman was really moved, because all of the rest of her work were scenic pictures of flowers or mountains etc. ---- stuff that sold --- it was the one piece that she brought along that she considered intimately as her art...... later, we got into some wonderful discussions about politics, and she told me as soon as she got back from new mexico (she's going on a road trip for a couple of weeks), she was volunteering most of her free time locally to raise awareness for the democratic party.
i could go on and on.
she raised 2 kids on her own while she went through grad school. she gave up pot before i was born, for us, but always listened to bob dylan and pink floyd as i grew up. she worked very hard for a beautiful home and to put us through college. she always remained very intelligent and extremely well read and informed, but always sort of tired and anxious... so she drank booze and read books and had little social parties as her respite, all in moderation, of course. i guess she took on a huge karmic burden when she had a child at 19 and 25, and was prepared to work herself to her grave to be succesful. that's my take on it, at least.
i've never seen her quite like this. granted, ive been away for a year in the PNW and i was raised in the MidWest.... a lot can happen in a year, but i really never would have expected.
i just look at her and see all this potential and it's wonderful.
i've never seen her more free.

and for today...
that's my story, morning glory.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: my mother! [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #3184407 - 09/26/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thats great man! my mother too is beginning a journey of self discovery, shes getting interested in some new agey stuff and meditation and what not, which is good as far as im concerned. She has lots of emotional brudens and scarring and i think anything spiritual will be good for her.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3184463 - 09/26/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Insert predictable, sickenly good-natured "wowee that's so inspiring" statement here

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: my mother! [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3184506 - 09/26/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Mix, what is wrong with an inspiring story?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: my mother! [Re: Frog]
    #3184535 - 09/26/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

See, I gotcha 'cause.. I never said there was anything wrong with it.

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
    #3185778 - 09/27/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome! good on her, she sounds like a real fighter! it's amazing to hear how much people overcome and accomplish and continue to do so throughout their whole life. you should show her the thread, it's beautiful to see kids proud of their parents, and not just vice versa.

:heart:

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Jump to top Pages: 1