Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
pan. cyans
    #3182097 - 09/26/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hi guys, can i innoculate pan.cyans in brf cakes and after they colonise , spawn some poo with them?
or i must use grains?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: pan. cyans [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3182114 - 09/26/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I would use sawdust.

I believe that's what they grow good on.

I have a sawdust tech.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: pan. cyans [Re: MAGnum]
    #3182139 - 09/26/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well i didnt want any other teks.
i just wanna know if they can be grown with the method i said or not

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3182240 - 09/26/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Nope I dont think they can. And you need to use agar for them too and isolate a vigorous strain. This is not for a newbie who hasnt mastered cubies (or casings) yet...

Grains and poo *might* work, either way you would need to get an isolate (not using spores to innoculate).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: pan. cyans [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3182290 - 09/26/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

what heoppens if u dont get an isolate?

is KARO considered an isolate?

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pan. cyans [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3182344 - 09/26/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Karo isnt an isolate unless you used an isolate to knock it up. With pan cyans the growth from multispore is weak (so I hear) and so an isolate (strong rhizo growth) must be gotten using agar or something similar and picking out the best growth. That can then be used (an agar wedge) to knock up a karo jar and let that grow, then your Karo is an isolate. Just making the Karo from multispore though isn't going to isolate any strain traits though, you still have all the crappy myc (from crappy spores) with all the good myc (from good spores). Problem with this is with pan cyans (unlike cubensis which you DONT need an isolate for) there are more bad then good and you end up getting jars that may not fully colonize and even if they do may not fruit.

This is all what I've heard but I havn't actually grown pan's so some of that info may not be correct (maybe they really can be done from multispore and the people who I heard talking dont know what they talking bout) but all the isolate stuff (like how to do it and if Karo is an isolate when multispored) is correct :smile: I'll search for the other pans cyans thread about this same thing a few days ago and edit my post with the link. Then you can judge for yourselves if you believe the people who say it won't go from multispore..

edit:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1
There ya go.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Edited by scatmanrav (09/26/04 11:56 AM)

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #3182358 - 09/26/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Nope I dont think they can. And you need to use agar for them too and isolate a vigorous strain. This is not for a newbie who hasnt mastered cubies (or casings) yet...

Grains and poo *might* work, either way you would need to get an isolate (not using spores to innoculate).

This is BAD information and untrue. You need to use grains with Pan Cyans but you CAN inject spores into a jar of grains with this species! You do NOT need an isolate! You can also fruit them in casings off grains but the preferred method is that grain be spawned to dung or straw.

This species isn't that much harder than cubes if you have already successfully spawned cubes to dung.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pan. cyans [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #3182373 - 09/26/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Don't forget the rest of what I say in a quote like that instead of taking it out of context. I also said:

"This is all what I've heard but I havn't actually grown pan's so some of that info may not be correct (maybe they really can be done from multispore and the people who I heard talking dont know what they talking bout) but all the isolate stuff (like how to do it and if Karo is an isolate when multispored) is correct I'll search for the other pans cyans thread about this same thing a few days ago and edit my post with the link. Then you can judge for yourselves if you believe the people who say it won't go from multispore..

edit:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1
There ya go. "

--------------------

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

#3182421 - 09/26/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No one in the thread you posted said anything about Pan Cyans and them NOT being able to ge grown with multispore injections. You flat out said no they can't.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

#3182430 - 09/26/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Nope I dont think they can. And you need to use agar for them too and isolate a vigorous strain. This is not for a newbie who hasnt mastered cubies (or casings) yet..."

WTF is this then?

ANother thing that's wrong, Pan Cyans are NOT much harder to grow than Cubes are long as you can be sterile!! The only harder part is they're more susceptable to contams.. do the sterile procedures by the book and you will have no problems.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

#3182442 - 09/26/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Don't forget the rest of what I say in a quote like that instead of taking it out of context.

uhm.. that was all you said in the post, and it was your last post here.

"Nope I dont think they can. And you need to use agar for them too and isolate a vigorous strain. This is not for a newbie who hasnt mastered cubies (or casings) yet..."

This is what you said in the whole post, I didn't take anything out of context or forget anything.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #3182502 - 09/26/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
I would use sawdust.

I have a sawdust tech.

Time to rethink your species and substrate match... That is not true...

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineAlsius
Non-photo Blue

#3182505 - 09/26/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
I would use sawdust.

I have a sawdust tech.

Don't say anything unless you know what the hell you're talking about. Which you never do.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3182561 - 09/26/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Number=3170079

Quote from posed:
"Pan Cyan's are very vulnerable to contam, which makes the Pan Cyan more difficult. The multispore method is more likely to fail, but is possible."

very vulnerable to contam (makes them more difficult then cubies for someone who's only done cakes a few times) is where I got the more difficult then cubies.

Also kilgore said:
"the myc is weaker i believe, making agar a preferable method so that you can isolate a thick, strong, fast myc strain. that should also help lower contam chances a little "

High contams chances from these makes me again say that an isolate should really be used to guarentee any sort of results

And nimbus said:
"I made some multispore Pan Cyan last spring and out of 8 1 liter trays I only got 1 gram dry"

You may not have noticed and just thought this was a succesful grow but 8 1 liter trays got ONE dry gram TOTAL. That means 8 seperate multispore tray's failed.

Besides the original poster, and myself and one other person not adding info but asking a question these were the only people who replied. The first two mention that multispore should work but all say negative things about it and then a third saying it didnt work for them (though the myc grew they just didnt fruit) in 8 seperate trays gives me the impression that the thread was against its use.

Now for what I said, "nope i dont THINK they can" think being the keyword which I later posted more info when I wasn't in a hurry that I havn't actually grown these. And that was actually the last time I posted (and before your post) that short post wasnt my last one here. So you may have taken what I said in my first post but you still shouldn't leave out that I AM ADMITING I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT PAN'S in my second post which was made before you made that post. Now if you'll excuse me I couldn't care less about this crap anymore.

I would like to ONCE AGAIN LIKE I DID BEFORE I WAS CORRECTED REPETIDLY SAY I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT PAN CYANS other then what I've read. I've read very easy to contam and hard to get to produce fruits when not using an isolate. This makes them IN MY OPINION not something that someone who has only done cakes a few times should do.

Damn all I wanted to do was add a little info on isolates...

--------------------

Edited by scatmanrav (09/26/04 01:19 PM)

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3183109 - 09/26/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ok hamurabi you got your answer yes.. it should work

brf is a grain so you got nothing to worry about.... :tongue2:

*click*

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract