Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: God Thinks Gay People Are An Abomination [Re: Diploid]
    #3180837 - 09/26/04 06:56 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I was in no way over-bearing,presumptuous nor claimed any superiority nor claimed anyone was inferior nor implied it.

Quote:

My IQ far exceeds the majority of people here
My spiritual understanding is even greater
This is fact

Again this is fact. My intelligence quotient exceeds 98% of the world's population.My spiritual understanding is also great.These are statements to show that I am not incapable of understanding simple concepts as implied.

Also if you have proof regarding the earth not being a concious organism offer it.I have seen no proof this far.I was saying there is no proof.And there isnt.That isnt arrogance.

My age is irrelevant.I believe every human being is my child.Its a reference to my duty to teach and help all humanity like a father.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: God Thinks Gay People Are An Abomination [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3180957 - 09/26/04 07:29 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I disagree.No one has proven the earth isnt a concious organism.

You can't prove a negative. Click:

http://www.graveyardofthegods.net/articles/cantprovenegative.html

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: God Thinks Gay People Are An Abomination [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3180974 - 09/26/04 07:34 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Again this is fact. My intelligence quotient exceeds 98% of the world's population.

Did it ever occur to you that, generally, people with similar IQ's tend to congregate around the same places making you a peer rather than a superlative here in the Shroomery? For all we know, due to the generally higher-than-average IQ in the Shroomery you score in the middle of the bottom half when only S&P member IQ's are considered.

A smart person would come to this conclusion rather than yours.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Edited by Diploid (09/26/04 12:55 PM)

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3181000 - 09/26/04 07:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You want me to rephrase it?

I have no reason to belief the earth is unconcious of anything in my personal beliefs.Do you have any proof the earth is unconcious to debunk this?

Now its not negative.

I never intended to make statements which anyone would deem unproveable.I am not looking to be right or wrong I merely trying to find knowledge and I want this kinowledge to be as correct as possible.

In my personal opinion I believe plants,minerals,etc are all concious.This may or may not be true.

If anyone can disprove for sure anything i say, good.Then I have dispelled false knowledge and am one step closer to my goal.

Im not trying to give anyone a hard time.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3181028 - 09/26/04 07:46 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I considered this.However given my IQ versus the average IQ it seems very unlikely.Onlty a few here are on the same wavelength as I am and I can consider them my peers.I can see most people here do not grasp what I do and only a small handful do.Its hard to explain really.

Quote:

A smart person would come to this conclution rather than yours.

LMAO Implying I am other than smart isnt nice.I also know I am still high-end as far as IQ even here.Besides what does it matter to you if my iq is 50 or 250?(Exaggerated numbers since most people never score higher than 200 with a few exceptions like steven hawkings and few are as low as 50.)

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3181272 - 09/26/04 08:56 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
However with respect to things like Noah's arc, God said He would never do something like that again

The author of Genesis makes it clear that God -created- the rainbow to mark the occasion of his grand covenant with Noah. If Noah's rainbow hadn't been the very first, then it's not likely that Noah would have been too impressed with this special "token" of God's contract.

Nevertheless, rainbows appear throughout all recorded human history, much of it predating all the books of the Bible by an enormous margin. Rainbows were documented by the ancient Chinese 11,000 years ago and far earlier than that by primitive cavemen in cave paintings.

The oldest book in the Bible is Job around 1500 B.C.

Oh, and if God changed the rules of refraction, a requirement to create the very first rainbow if none had ever existed beforehand, then nobody before rainbows existed would have been able to see because human eyes, specifically lenses, rely on the same principles of refraction to form an image on the retina that water droplets use to form a rainbow in the sky.

/sigh

Doesn't this and the zillion other glaring inconsistencies mean anything to you at all?

I realize that there are things explained in the bible that may be inconsistent, but I don't think the basic teachings are inconsistent.

If the author said God created the rainbow as a covenant with mankind, but rainbows had always existed previously, this doesn't matter as much to me as the reasons that I will be precluded from joining God in heaven, such as for joining in activities such as homosexuality.

And on the discourse on whether one is intelligent in light of spelling and grammar...

I've met extremely intelligent people who aren't gifted in areas of reading and writing. I am gifted in areas of reading and writing, but I'm a ditz in the rest of my life, in general. The ability to get one's ideas out, regardless of spelling and grammar, are more important to me.

I belonged to another forum once where one of the members noticed this difference. There are some types of extremely intelligent people who are anal about spelling and grammar, because that is the way their brains work.

There are other types of exremely intelligent people who can't spell worth a shit, but their intelligence doesn't lie in this area, anyways. They probably don't do jobs that emphasize spelling and grammar.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: God Thinks Gay People Are An Abomination [Re: Frog]
    #3181494 - 09/26/04 09:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

There are other types of exremely intelligent people who can't spell worth a shit, but their intelligence doesn't lie in this area, anyways. They probably don't do jobs that emphasize spelling and grammar.

a little off topic but I am this way.. I work with my hands and body.. I am having trouble as a freshman in my english class cause I have neglected these sills for so long. - wh0 kares ef eye cn spell!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: God Thinks Gay People Are An Abomination [Re: Frog]
    #3181948 - 09/26/04 01:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I realize that there are things explained in the bible that may be inconsistent, but I don't think the basic teachings are inconsistent.

This sounds like what I call Cafeteria Religion. It's like when you go to a buffet; as you walk past the choices, you think: I'll take a plate of this, but I don't like this other thing or those down there either, but oh yes a bowl of this here would be nice.

You're picking and choosing which parts of the Bible you believe and which ones you don't. If you can just make up your own set of beliefs like that, picking out of the Bible the ones you like and discarding the inconvenient ones, then what's the point of religion or a Bible? This selective belief seems incompatible with your apparently solid conviction that what the Bible tells you is always true, be it literally or by allegory.

Again, I respect your beliefs. I use the cafeteria metaphor not to insult you or your beliefs, but to explain by example in the tradition of some of the world's best teachers; Jesus' Parables, for example.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (09/26/04 03:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom