Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineqwon
destroying angel
Question for Moderators...
    #3173732 - 09/24/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How often to you get Green Mold on your casings?

--------------------
'I'm the commander see, I don't need to explain, I do not need to
explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president.
Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something,
but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation.'
- George W. Bush

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question for Moderators... [Re: qwon]
    #3173740 - 09/24/04 04:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

any time kramer does more than three casings he expects to see the ugly green stuff some where some time during the run...

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #3173746 - 09/24/04 04:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Mostly when doing a poo spawn run...

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3175072 - 09/24/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm no mod but I've gotten trich in an Ps. cyan grow indoors (it was on the cardboard) and I've gotten it a couple of times in casings that I milked too long (8+ flushes) After that the trays go OD when I feel they should and I haven't had any contams since. Knocks on wood :wink:

Offlineqwon
destroying angel
Re: Question for Moderators... [Re: hyphae]
    #3176784 - 09/24/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So in preparation for making the casing tray - are you using a hepa or something - any tips would be appreciated as i can't seem to figure out (outside obvious sterility procedure) why the trich keeps haunting my myc growth......

--------------------
explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president.
- George W. Bush

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3176960 - 09/24/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have two HEPA's running on low in my apartment at ALL times. My bathroom is stripped of towels and carpeting and all the crap on the sink, everything basically and both HEPAs run in there for an hour or two before I do any sort of casing or innoculations or anything. Then (having showered just before setting up HEPA filters) I spray down the bathroom with lysol, wipe down my work area (back of the toilet), use gloves and a paint mask wearing clean boxers and nothing else :wink: This works as well as a flowhood I've found..work with agar, grain to grain transfers, liquid knock ups, spores, printing, making syringes, everything. Hardly ever get contams..had one bout from a bad syringe that infected many jars but beyond that (and some damn mycobags, like jars better) I dont get contams. I fan quite frequently and leave my closet door open to air it out often (my entire closet is the chamber). Don't get any problems at that point and I mist lots. All water I use with myc uses hydrogen peroxide, I go through tons of that crap every month, all my misting has some in it, all my humidifiers (4 total) get some in them, when I dunk casings between flushes they get h202. Seems to work great and casings go for 5-7 flushes.

But I'm not a mod either :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3177534 - 09/24/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Trich loves acidic soil, are you buffering right? When I started out I prepared casings in the kitchen with a HEPA running for about an hour and the door way sealed off with plastic, then I'd turn it off while preparing the casings and then I got a flowhood :wink: BTW trich also loves it under your fingernails :wink: I also wear gloves religiously.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3177561 - 09/25/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Why not just make a glovebox?  Saves that open-air lysol Agent-Orange style poisoning.  Ewww.  I just know I tried to use lysol "Liberally" and my lungs felt like I'd just chowed down a pack of clove ciggies in about 3 hours. 
    I dig the glovebox!  No need to get filters, it's cheap, and if you lysol/Oust bomb it, it's contained.  :wink:
      Just my preference.  All the best! :grin:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question for Moderators... [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3177661 - 09/25/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well if your doing a small casing then you could use a GB but moving around with your jar/bag of casing mix and your tray or trays and your jars/bags of substrate things can tend to get crampeed rather quickly thats just one small casing but your right it can be done. I do have a GB that I used exclusively for g2g before the flowhood and thats was always a challange doing 10 qts. at a time! :wink: GL guys
Also proper pasturization/sterilization of your casing is very important.

Offlineqwon
destroying angel
    #3177951 - 09/25/04 02:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Right on!! Alot of answers from reading these posts- i got to see scat in his boxers too :wink: -  the only thing i didn't get was - if i ws buffering right - i don't know what that means -i'll look it up.  seems thata coco drys up faster than peat - then i got this one in the incubator FULL of pins (or at least without brown tips yet but a few) - then i noticed a slight green spot the size of a dime - spooned it out (oven tek) - then noticed tonight a fruitfly flying around in my chamber.  From reading the above posts - im goona get the hepa soon - and a box of gloves and a facemask and a clean pair of speedos and swimming goggles :wink:

--------------------
- George W. Bush

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3177959 - 09/25/04 02:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hyphae, plz excuse a poor newb.  Those of use who require areas beyond a reasonable glovebox's dimensions, well, then, I bow to you.  For you are more hardcore than I, though, know that we look unto you as a shining example of the possible.
    SHit.  I gotta STOP reading Zahid's rhetoric in OTD.  It's slipping thru the cracks.  :confused:

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlineseatrip
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Question for Moderators... [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3178248 - 09/25/04 06:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

qwon buffering is adjusting ph,and why would you use oven tek for that,dont you have to fan the container any ways and look in it to check it. ? hyphea do you check yours in gb/flowhood and does the fruiting room/closet have to be filtered air. it seems to me if you hepa a closet when you open the door and fan growing chambers room air would get in anyway? i can still see why caseingsoil is sterilized though, like the way pfs dry verm as a filter works protects the myc. although fully collonized myc fanned with regular dirty house air never got contams,cakes and bulk spawns fruited with out caseing in bins there only protection. hepa machines help your overall air inside though i think.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3178499 - 09/25/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Coir really needs to be used with verm anywhere from 60/40-70/30 qwon. I never worry about fanning household air as the growroom/lab is kept clean by means of a HEPA running 24/7. In the beginning I fanned in a basement without any "cleaned" air and it worked just fine fanning duration only needs to be as short as 10-20secs. giving less exposure time thus decreasing chances of contamination. GL

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3178936 - 09/25/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I buffer by adding a little calcium carbonate. I dont know which way that does or what it actually does for me however until I run out I plan on using it (or I get ill effects from it but so far could not be more pleased with my grow, well maybe slightly more pleased but :smile: )

I was also wondering if you made your casing coir or verm heavy hyphae, now I know..I've been making it verm heavy I think (just pour in verm till the waters all "dried" up) but I've seen some big growers saying more coir is better..think I shall try.

Oh and as far as a glovebox...

That's on a smaller night too. I have to basically turn my bathroom into a glovebox in order for me to fit everything I need. The amount of time I spend in the bathroom is already hours, if I tried to use a glovebox transfering it all it would be far to tedious for me to worry about. I don't go heavy on the lysol though..I use lysol with bleach to slean all the counters, toilet, floor wiped up well..then the two HEPA filters go in and I spray air lysol around and close the door for 2 hours and prep my materials. Throw on gloves mask..spray some air lysol in front of the door before opening it, shuffling everything in quickly and get myself in. Turn off one hepa and turn another on low and point it at my workspace (very directional..works well like a flowhood ghettoness just blowing clean air over my work area while I work). HEPA's and cleanliness are my main ways I fight contams, not lysol or bleach much. I also have a spray bottle (like one for misting casings) filled with 50% alcohol (other half water) which I spray all my tools with and all my casing containers with and then wipe down with papertowels. Seems to work for me..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question for Moderators... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3179191 - 09/25/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Damn you got them jars sitting right on the carpet! (hyphae cringes) Looks like your getting ready for some g2g!!!!

OfflineKiller
Bowhunter
Loc: Wisconsin
    #3179194 - 09/25/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Not very often. Just keep the area clean and you should be fine.

Offlineqwon
destroying angel
Re: Question for Moderators... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3179302 - 09/25/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

mom would be proud of the cleanliness. hyphae- you hit it exactly- I wasn't doing a 60/40 - more like a 50/50 and learned the dryness in coir that way.

--------------------
- George W. Bush

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3180943 - 09/25/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yep they sit on the carpet before shuffling them into the bathroom..I set everything right outside on the carpet that I'm gonna need...I dont take any care to keep the outside of my jars clean. Odd I never thought of it but its never been a problem.... Yeah some grain to grain(GT), liquid innoculations(Camb), agar innoculations (Z) and some casings to be made (6 that night I think).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate