Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PST
    #3176654 - 09/24/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yes..the tin foil hat show.

Independent Presidential Candidate
Ralph Nader (votenader.org) will take calls as he discusses his candidacy and the important issues surrounding this election.

"Inspiring a generation of activists, Ralph Nader came to national attention in 1965 with the publication of his book Unsafe at Any Speed, which documented how the auto industry resisted safety innovations.

Later Nader came to be an outspoken critic of what he calls multinational corporate predators. "They openly and confidently strive to control our jobs; our environment; our political and educational institutions, our food, drugs and other consumptions; our savings; our childhoods; our culture; even our genetic futures," he writes in The Good Fight.

An Independent Party candidate for President, currently on 30 state ballots in the 2004 race, Nader's 2000 candidacy was considered by many to be the "spoiler" that cost Gore the election. Yet an article on his website contends that in the year 2000, exit polls reported "fully 25% of [Nader's] votes came from Republicans, 38% from Democrats, and the remainder from people who would not have voted." Still, because the vote was so close in Florida, if as little as 1% of Nader's votes had gone to Gore, he would have won the presidency.

Yet Nader is unapologetic about the 2000 election. He writes: "More and more the major parties become Coke and Pepsi, frantically highlighting their dwindling differences and masking their growing similarities."

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2004/09/24.html#n

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PS [Re: ekomstop]
    #3177804 - 09/25/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well the interview was only an hour long, and I knew virtually nothing at all about nader before hand, but no more than a couple minutes into it, it was very obvious to me that this man actually has the peoples best interests in mind, unlike the two leading pieces of trash who apparently won't even let him into the debates. I was surprised when a caller called in and started talking about Skull and Bones and the Bohemian Grove, and the fact that Bush and Kerry are 3rd or 9th cousins or whatever..as hard as it may be to believe, this is all fucking real life folks..it's pretty fucking scary that these people are in power, but the fact that they somehow maintain their positions with the publics support just boggles my mind. I'm going to download the interview and put it up on soulseek tomorrow, if anyone wants to check it out just ask.

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PS [Re: ekomstop]
    #3177816 - 09/25/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think nadar and all the third partys are part of the same game as the dems and republicans none of them can be trusted

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PS [Re: AhronZombi]
    #3177921 - 09/25/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

meh..i guess anythings possible. either way, he definitely didn't come off as a dumbass.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PST [Re: ekomstop]
    #3178621 - 09/25/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I thought you meant Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PST [Re: ekomstop]
    #3179093 - 09/25/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

nader would crush both kerry and bush in a debate.

First of all, he is more intelligent than either of them and second, he speaks very openly about his positions and speaks truthfully. Unlike Bush and Kerry he doesn't dodge questions and give half assed answers that don't really "answer" anything. He doesn't have corporate handlers who he has to appease.

All of these things are visible when you hear him speak and if he was just given a chance to debate he would do quite well in the elections. It's ashame that our corporate run media won't give him the time of day, but it's no suprise because corporations fear him and so do the two stale dying parties that run this country while they suck the corporate teet.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PST [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #3180399 - 09/25/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wasn't impressed with the interview. I don't think the callers were staged, but, they certainly asked precisely the right questions to support his complain...

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Ralph Nader will be on Coast to Coast am tonight 10pm PS [Re: Stein]
    #3182068 - 09/26/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

George gets his calls screened..Art still takes them as they come

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag