Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: Burqa Ban [Re: Zahid]
    #3191216 - 09/28/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm afraid you aren't answering many of my questions....and I have more...

You say agnostic literature is not acceptable. However this just presents an idea. Does that mean Islam is afraid of ideas? That sounds incredibly Orwellian to me, like Islam is a type of 'Thought Police' and is really just a system of control. Purely about control of the minds of the many. About subservience to the power of the dominant males.

I understand you want to protect your people, but is banning all other ideas the right way to do this? I understand why children are protected, and ideas are censured from them, however are adults not capable of deciding for themselves? Can adults not see the World? What is the fear in that? If Islam is really noble and the One Idea, and the One True Way, surely the concept will appear so attractive to the minds of people that other ideas are no threat; and therefore no cause for censure. If Islam was really confident in itself, it would not fear Otherness.

It seems to me that like all monotheistic religion, it is actually in practice a system of control and male dominance.

I thank Allah that the Muslims that live in my community do not seem to hold as fundamental point of view as you appear to have been espousing of late. Or at least if they do they hide it (which I hope not), since we all get along just fine and no one is up for bombings or trying the 'good work' of conversion on me.

I am happy for Muslims to be Muslims, All I want is mutual respect. Acceptance all around...it's not hard if One knows who One is.

Although I know you may feel somehow deperate I am amazed you praise and hope for more terrorist attacks on Western Soil, especially since Western Soil gives you your life, since it is your soil, and since you believe in the doctrine of non-killing as laid down in the commandments.

Quote:

?Their plan is to drag humanity down into a conflict of civilizations and religions; such conflict does not exist, we don?t want it and we refuse it with all our might,? Ciampi said.

It seems to me that George Bush and the leaders of Islamic Terrorism are cut from the same cloth. As are the propaganda fed, unthinking millions, on each side commited to warring on their account.

And God's on everyone's side, according to each side. Hey it looks like if everyone has God on their side, and since the Tyranical Desert God Yaweh is the Father of Islam, the Christians and the Hebrews, He must just want a big war.

Some God these people listen to. Tell Him to shove it, if war is what He wants, and be free. Your soul will be quite safe, and He will pat you on the back, and have a good laugh with you. He may even become an It.

God has a sense of humour, and is quite approachable, it is a shame these entrentched religions are not.

Why ritually pray 5 times a day if one's life is in itself a prayer?

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3191476 - 09/28/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

btw

I understand that Muslims in the middle east are in great pain, I think if I was an Iraqi in Iraq I would grab a weapon. Not in the name of Allah, since He condemns killing, I would probably surrender my Islamic soul for the sake of fighting the invaders. Because they should not be taking my home from me. I also appreciate that Terrorism on Western soil may be the only way for them to bring their pain to the light.

The invasion of Iraq (and Afganistan) were terrible atrocities.

Unfortunately God loving GWB and his opposites on the side of Islam are bringing us all down. And now it is well underway.

And it is getting us nowhere except for exciting the endless tit-for-tat that goes on forever unless people lay down the past, and take up the future with Love in their hearts.

I think all of them would do themselves good to refresh to themselves The Commandments.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Burqa Ban [Re: CJay]
    #3192640 - 09/28/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
btw

I understand that Muslims in the middle east are in great pain, I think if I was an Iraqi in Iraq I would grab a weapon. Not in the name of Allah, since He condemns killing, I would probably surrender my Islamic soul for the sake of fighting the invaders. Because they should not be taking my home from me. I also appreciate that Terrorism on Western soil may be the only way for them to bring their pain to the light.

The invasion of Iraq (and Afganistan) were terrible atrocities.

Unfortunately God loving GWB and his opposites on the side of Islam are bringing us all down. And now it is well underway.

And it is getting us nowhere except for exciting the endless tit-for-tat that goes on forever unless people lay down the past, and take up the future with Love in their hearts.

I think all of them would do themselves good to refresh to themselves The Commandments.

If you were an Iraqi, I doubt you would surrender your Islamic soul because what you're saying is that you would likely be a Muslim. If were not going to fight in Allah's name, you would probably be an unbeliever to begin with because Allah condones armed self defense.

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3195572 - 09/29/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would tear the invaders heads off in retaliation, but not kill them - that way i should fullfil my duty of self defence without breaking the commandment 'thou shalt not kill'.

Hey - just a thought...

What if an Arab in Afganistan turned Roman Catholic and got a sexy Italian wife. And she went around the streets of his hometown in Afganistan without a burqa. In fact wearing a mini-skirt and tight top, looking fine. Would there be outcry, or worse.....?

Would the locals covet my wife? Would they rape and destroy her for as punishment for her feminity?

I feel the reaction would likely be strong, and hard.

Well I guess cultural respect is an issue. As the saying goes....when in Rome....

....wherever your 'Rome' might be...

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3199734 - 09/30/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

One thing you have to remember, this is not some new anti-muslim action, this is an example of France's very stringint seperation of church and state. This has been the case in France since after it's revolution, basicly from the late 1700's on. It's seperation of church and state is way more stringent than the U.S.'s, they do not allow such religious displays in schools, or in civic life at all. One is allowed to expess there religion in such a way at home and in religious institutions but not in civic life. This sin't the first case of France moving for something liek this, they did this to the Jewish people as well (after they became Frecnh citizens and where treated as equals) they also hold they're Christan citizens to the same standard. So do not play this as some new readical anti-islam action.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3199742 - 09/30/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

oh, this is in Italy? well, the same thing happend in France too.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom