Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
This past weekend I bagged around 100 weilii. I had to go to the hospital on tuesday and just got back today(friday). When I went to look at my weilii almost everyone of the stems was covered in white foamy looking stuff. They were kept in a plastic bag but the bag wasnt sealed or rolled up. In assuming this is mold and probually unsafe to eat. But this is alot of mushrooms to throw away. Would I be safe eating the caps, which have no sign of mold? Or could I boil the mushrooms to kill the contamination? This is very depressing to me please tell me they can someway be salvaged.
I decided to consume them anyways. I did some research and I dont think it is mold. It appears to be new root growth. I washed them off in water and me and some friends had a great night free of sickness.