Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Skikid16]
    #3177152 - 09/24/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Admittably, I know little on the history of the conflict, but isn't it true there was never and "established" Palestinian state, and when the jews were brought in, many many arabs from the surrounding area flooded in to Isreal in order to stake a claim on the land? Like I said, I really don't know enough.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Skikid16]
    #3177554 - 09/25/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The Palestinians were always there, they simply did not have a state. When the Zionists arrived, there was still Khilafah through the lands. It is Arab land, which is why Israel is surrounded by Arab states. Jews did not naturally occur there, if they did they would be Arab in appearance.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Zahid]
    #3178243 - 09/25/04 06:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

remember the teenage suicide bombing the other day that killed two Israeli border guards? Well, the home of her family was bulldozed by the Israeli military.

Too bad they couldn't find a few dumb shits to stand in front of it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Evolving]
    #3178244 - 09/25/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
Quote:

Zahid said:
Why is it no one bothers to think 'why' young Palestinians strap bombs to their chest and blow themselves up?

I know why, because they are stupid.

Hit the nail right on the head.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinealtitude
stranger thanmost

Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3178559 - 09/25/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I do not think it is as simple as 'they are stupid'.

You have to go back and look at the facts before you make this statement or any subsequet statement that the 'nail has been hit on the head'

The facts are they are promised entry into paradise in return for thier martydom. These are young impressionable people that have been raised with a strict belief system and many years of occupation. It is a whole culture that has been created. They are prepared to die for the cause as they see it being the highest honour.

To simply dismiss them as stupid is quite ignorant. The fact they think they will gain entry into paradise for thier deeds can at first seem ignorant, but when you teach a child this from its earilest years, this becomes all it knows. It is ingrained into their consciousness. They have effectively been brainwashed.

The whole situation is quite fucked really as neither side seem to want to agree on a peaceful solution.

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Evolving said:
Quote:

Zahid said:
Why is it no one bothers to think 'why' young Palestinians strap bombs to their chest and blow themselves up?

I know why, because they are stupid.

Hit the nail right on the head.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: altitude]
    #3178572 - 09/25/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So the only way to stop them is to kill them all?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Swami]
    #3178607 - 09/25/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

One thing you have to remember is that a lot of the insurgents don't come from Iraq. Al Zarqawi is from Jordan, for example.

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Swami]
    #3178617 - 09/25/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Also, if Saddam Hussein was still in power none of your would care about all the Iraqis who die and who have died because of him.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3178624 - 09/25/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

altitude said:
The facts are they are promised entry into paradise in return for thier martydom.... They are prepared to die for the cause as they see it being the highest honour.

... The fact they think they will gain entry into paradise for thier deeds can at first seem ignorant, but when you teach a child this from its earilest years, this becomes all it knows. It is ingrained into their consciousness. They have effectively been brainwashed.

In other words, they're stupid.
Quote:

Evolving said:
Young Palestinians who strap bombs to their chests and blow themselves up along with the innocent are morally no better than the Israeli's who kill the innocent, or the U.S. personnel who kill the innocent - but they are less intelligent. You don't win a war by dying for your cause while killing the innocent, you win it by making the enemy combatants die for their cause and staying alive to kill more of the enemy. (Kudos to George S. Patton Jr.)

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (09/25/04 10:58 AM)

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3178660 - 09/25/04 11:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Not stupid, just ignorant.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Offlinealtitude
stranger thanmost

Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: downforpot]
    #3178666 - 09/25/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Brainwashed. Not stupid nor ignorant. They genuinely believe what they are doing is the right thing. Its how they have been raised. They do not know any different.

Edited by altitude (09/25/04 11:15 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3178711 - 09/25/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If they are NOT from Iraq then they are not insurgents by definition. Try again.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3178729 - 09/25/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Also, if Saddam Hussein was still in power none of your would care about all the Iraqis who die and who have died because of him.

How do you come to this (yet another) erroneous conclusion (unrelated to the topic)?  If you can truly tell the empathetic state of ALL the unseen readers of this post then you MUST be the next Messiah...  :rolleyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3178756 - 09/25/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

You have to go back and look at the facts before you make this statement or any subsequet statement that the 'nail has been hit on the head'

Actually, he did hit the nail directly on the head, and those who stand in the way of a moving bulldozer are in fact.... stupid.

Sometimes things are that simple.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#3178807 - 09/25/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

altitude said:
Brainwashed. Not stupid nor ignorant. They genuinely believe what they are doing is the right thing. Its how they have been raised. They do not know any different.

I was raised to be a Catholic, I spent my whole life in Catholic schools from age 5 to age 18 being 'brainwashed', having catechism classes every day. I went to church every Wednesday (at school) and every Sunday (with my parents). I was required to go through all the sacraments (rituals), baptism, reconciliation, the Eucharist, confirmation... I even had Saturday classes I had to attend periodically. I went to Catholic summer schools and Catholic summer camps. Why am I not a Catholic? Why do I not believe all the things I was told were 'the truth'? Because I am not stupid.

'Some of us wake up, others roll over.' - John Lydon

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3179301 - 09/25/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
The Palestinians were always there, they simply did not have a state. When the Zionists arrived, there was still Khilafah through the lands. It is Arab land, which is why Israel is surrounded by Arab states. Jews did not naturally occur there, if they did they would be Arab in appearance.

The Palestinian national identity didn't even emerge until the 60's. I can find you some qoutes of important Arabs and Palestinians declaring that there is no such thing as a Palestinian.

Historically most of the residents in Palestine were until Zionism nomads: Bedouin Arabs, Druz, mediteranian farmers, some Arabs and a few Jews. All of the above people's became voting citizens of Israel.

It was not until the British Mandate for Palestine that Arabs began showing up in large numbers. Because the British and the Jews managed to made the land liveable a total of 700,000 Arabs from neighboring countries moved into the area between 1932 and 1948. That is 200,000 more Arabs 'invading' Palestine than the 500,000 Jews.

When these new immigrants left their homes anticipating the slaughter of Israel in 1948 and a quick return they essential formed the Palestinian national identity. Since Israel won the war these Arabs living in Jordan and the West Bank slowly began calling themselves 'Palestinians'. By the late 1960s the term Palestinian became commonplace in order to create a tangible nationalist movement behind terrorist groups like the PLO and PLFP, otherwise it would just look like a bunch of Arabs that wanted to drive the Jews from the middle east.

These Palestinians never had their land stolen from them by the Jews. The Jews bought their land mainly from the nomads and what Arabs who lived in what would become Israel became citizens.
20% of Israel's population is Arab.

Read some history. Even Yasser Arafat is an Egyptian.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Beheadings vs. Bombings [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3179594 - 09/25/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If Palestine was the homeland for jews, the Jews would be Arab in appearance.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3179722 - 09/25/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A lot of jews who lived there for hundreds of years do look arab. I've had camp counselors who were ex-Israeli military and they had olive skin.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#3179740 - 09/25/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Many are. There are basically two kinds of Jews, the Sephardic and the Ashkenazi. The Sephardic are genetically closer to Israeli Arabs than they are the Ashkenazi. The Ashkenazi are the European Jews orginating (recently) from the eastern areas of Germany and the Slavic areas of Europe. The Sephardic Jews are definately Semitic people, more so than you are. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3179893 - 09/25/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

*irrelevant comments edited out.*

You're on extrememly thin ice. You have three options:

1) address the topic of the thread
2) stay out of the thread
3) be banned

Up to you. Think carefully before posting again.

Edited by pinksharkmark (09/25/04 07:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order