Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 42. How will a mushroom trip change me?
    #3167887 - 09/22/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

42. How will a mushroom trip change me? What if I want to stay the same?

Discuss

Help with the Tripper's FAQ. You can edit the FAQ yourself... just click the link in my signature and edit any page you wish. Add your opinion to the Tripper's FAQ.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: FAQ 27.How will a mushroom trip change me? [Re: Rose]
    #3168595 - 09/23/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Welll, in my experience, the first several days after a trip are crucial. One stilll remembers perfecty what he learned on the trip, and may try to apply it practically in his life and relations.

Or one may slip back in his old routines and will gradually return to his old self , change is not automatic.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: FAQ 27.How will a mushroom trip change me? [Re: gotmagog]
    #3169561 - 09/23/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Changes are generally positive, but come with many trips with many different expriences. But then again if you use shrooms just to get fucked, and dont reflect on things, you want really notice any change.

Tripping has changed me into a more positive and happier person. Possabilities are just not related to materialistic boundaries.

Concepts of existence astonish!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3174285 - 09/24/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The trip can change your whole outlook on life.
You may realize that you have been lieing to yourself for your entire life. You might realize that nothing is real, that this world is made of vibrations nothing more. You might get the terrifying realization that we are the result of random particles, there is no organizaion in the universe, just miraculous accidents. You may feel lifted up by your God and whirled through a tour of his amazing workshop. You may be plummeted through the anatomy of an atom, and then realize how amazing every single particle of this world is. You may feel the plight of every liviing thing and never have the urge to kill or hurt again in your life. You might feel the love of unity and lose your pants and look like a fool.
In other words, be ready for anything. Do not take a mushroom trip unless you are ready to question everything you know. Not until you are ready for a radical upheaval of everything you think is...

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3174534 - 09/24/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

maybe it's just me, but I find that I can now trigger trip-like visuals if I try. Also, I found that, occasionally, after large amounts of bud smoking I can trigger an actual "micro-trip", where micro-trip means a trip that lasts for a few minutes.

This is all just peronal experience, so it probably doesn't hold true for eveyone. Just thought I'd throw it out.

--------------------

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: FAQ 27.How will a mushroom trip change me? [Re: jux]
    #3174889 - 09/24/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think I also experince something similar, I can change my way of looking at things and see the psychedelic pattern I remember from my trips.

For example, on carpets in both my office at work and at home, I may see, if I want,  a trippy texture, this without consuming anything. I guess that is another way i am changed - i may see more patterns and beauty in even mundane things(or at least in carpets  :smile: )

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3175183 - 09/24/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This qustion is a bad one for a FAQ. A person should not go into a trip with any sort of preconcieved notion of the experience or what will result. Three things could happen, all of which would be bad.

First, the person could be influenced by the answers, and not experience the sort of thing right for that person, but have the experiences we all have had. Thats not good, people should have their own experiences on psychedelics, not other peoples. In my mind, the whole point of transformative use of psychedelics, is to have a spiritual experience for yourself, in contrast to, say, a church, where you hear about other peoples religious experience.

Second, the person could still have their own experience, but feel it is invalid because it does not confirm to what most trippers think.

Third, a person could panic when they feel themselves being changed in different ways then suggested, because it was unexpected.

It is good to include examples about how others have been transformed, but I think the FAQ would be better if it is front and center that each person has a unique experience and is changed in a unique way by psychedelics, rather then presenting other peoples changes as a mold they might feel pressure to fit into.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: FAQ 27.How will a mushroom trip change me? [Re: tomk]
    #3175392 - 09/24/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There is no pressure. Did you read the other posts? Try it next time.
Just recognizing some of the things that are in a trip can help one infer and deal with the things that happen during their trip.
I think Tim Leary said that recognition is the key. Realize that you are on a trip and that the boundaries are limitless, that whatever happens happens. Flow with it...

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3175733 - 09/24/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I couldn't disagree more. Though it is important to state that these are not gauranteed to occur, and that any number of other experiences may transpire, it is good for people to know what other's have experienced as a result of a mushroom trip. Knoweldge is power, and it's very comforting.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3176313 - 09/24/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Rather than complain about the question, please respond to it an a way that tells people what YOU want them to know about it.

There's no problem with the question... simply because... it is asked frequently.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineestimatedprophet
shruman
    #3268203 - 10/23/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

After a really enlightening experience that almost made me walk into a fire someone told me, its all in your head. that was the best news i heard afterward, so that can get you through if anything bad happens, other than that, just go with the flow.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 42. How will a mushroom trip change me? [Re: Rose]
    #4573524 - 08/24/05 12:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

42. How will a mushroom trip change me? What if I want to stay the same?

Here is the answer so far. Please, keep your comments coming... and remember, anyone can edit the wiki at any time. Just follow the Wiki link on the top of the page.

Quote:

How will a mushroom trip change me? What if I want to stay the same?

by RealityDown

In "Food of the Gods", Terence Mckenna argues that mushrooms and entheogenic plants have been used for thousands of years by shamans and spiritual leaders to achieve incredible feats. Numerous belief systems have spawned from the magic mushroom alone, inspiring art, music and philosophy. It follows that even a low level mushroom trip generaly contains enough 'wierd' sensual input and emotion to get someone thinking beyond their usual gestalts.

Before the 60s, hallucinogenics including psilocybin were effective aids in psychiatric treatment to help a number of ailments including alcoholism, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and neurocies. In Sanford M. Ungers' Report titled: Mescaline, LSD, Psilocybin and Personality Change, he states that:

"Whenever dramatic personality change has been noted following the use of these drugs, it has been associated with this kind of experience that is, transcendental or visionary"

Outside the lab, personality changes are often more subtle, based on the knowlege derived from the mushroom experience which is infinately personal and it is unfair on yourself to expect certain events or outcomes of a trip such as a transcendental experience or being cured of a phobia!

Whether it be a visionary or simply a low level experience most psychonauts and neoshamans alike will agree that personal change is inevitable. The mushroom experience is such a bewildering departure from normal consciousness that none should ignore the possiblities it opens for our minds and civilization!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineOblong
Stranger
Re: FAQ 27.How will a mushroom trip change me? [Re: jux]
    #4576926 - 08/24/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jux said:
maybe it's just me, but I find that I can now trigger trip-like visuals if I try. Also, I found that, occasionally, after large amounts of bud smoking I can trigger an actual "micro-trip", where micro-trip means a trip that lasts for a few minutes.

This is all just peronal experience, so it probably doesn't hold true for eveyone. Just thought I'd throw it out.

W/e I smoke pot I can do these to. I can get realy crazy cartoony CEV's or just imagine them in my head with my eyes open. It's definitely fun, and I feel sorry for my friends who can't do it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag