Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJadis
..Just waituntil you seethe bats!
Male User Gallery
Shroom hunting in cow fields
    #3123134 - 09/11/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I was just wondering when you guys hunt for mushrooms in cow fields, do you get the farmer's permission first? I'd feel a lot better if he was letting me do it.

If not though, aren't you afraid of being shot or something like that? Where do you park your car? etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: Jadis]
    #3123156 - 09/11/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It is a risk people take. You can also get run down by a bull and it would be all your own fault. Getting shot is usually if the farmer sees you as a threat, usually they give warning shots and people scatter.

You'd not want to park a car, have a friend drive you, drop you off and park somewhere. After you are done picking, phone your friend and have your friend pick you up. You can do this really slickly using cell phones.

Some farmers will let you hit the fields for an admission fee if you offer it and this is the safest.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineTugBoat
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: MAGnum]
    #3123947 - 09/11/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Admission fee, genius

How much that usually run, atleast for you, eh?

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: TugBoat]
    #3128869 - 09/13/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have never had to pay to get into a field, but I would offer the farmer a bag of animal feed if I thought it would make or break my permission. Usually, you can just ask permission and that's that. The people who run fields seem to be nice... but be sure you talk to the owners. Caretakers, people who are paid to take care of the fields, probably won't let you in since they don't own the field and it's their ass if you cause any harm becuase they gave you permission.

Bulls are something to consider. Be sure to ask the farmer if he has any, and in which feilds (if he has multiples)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25967

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3129718 - 09/13/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I pay $2 to fish in a pond that is in the middle of a cow pasture. Actually there are multiple ponds and I just walk around from pond to pond picking shrooms. I just pay my two bucks and drive right in through the gate. I can even drive from one end of the field to the other if I am not finding anything at a certain spot and want to check another.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3129969 - 09/13/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I havent hunted in farmers fields for years. once you get shot with a shotgun full of rock salt, the teeny libs dont seem as worth it anymore. not when there are cyans, azures and baeos to be found in city property where noones going to fill your ass with salt.

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3130572 - 09/13/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

perfectly honest,
ive trespassed a thousand times or more..
not recommended.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3130838 - 09/13/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Here in Central Florida there are actually fields that are set up by the man. You must be ultra careful. I have never gotten permission to run through a field, I just go, in the early early morning andhope for the best...

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3130956 - 09/13/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have done the same.. VERY risky if you ask me... I am goona try to never do it again, but when you KNOW there is shrooms there just waiting to be picked before they ROT, it's hard to resist going back for more

OfflineTugBoat
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3135319 - 09/14/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Trespassing is always risky, let alone it being a farmer and his livestock involved.

Luckily for me I found a connection in class, across town his parents own 50 acres atleast of cow fields. Damn hurricanes just came through though and the fields are still flooded he says.

The thing is the poor bastard had a bad trip one time in the forest imagining the trees were chasing him, so he never touches the stuff these days. But he does still pick 'em and distribute them free of charge to his friends and his dog.

Looks like I'm going to have to smile and compliment him everytime I see him walk by.

OfflineLMX47
Stranger
    #3135970 - 09/14/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Please tell me what that does to his dog.

OfflineTugBoat
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: LMX47]
    #3136021 - 09/14/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'll have to get back to you on that one, I'll ask him tomorrow if I remember. God knows I'll only be talking 'bout mushy mush to him.

Offlinepsilochill
Stranger
    #3136436 - 09/14/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

here in uk i usually go to common pasture land which is open to people to walk on etc
i sometimes check fields down the lane i live to give an indication of when they appear but dont usually pick much there as i know the farmers and its a bit of a strange one to explain
some spots i use are also public footpaths so there isnt a problem there either

although i wouldnt be to fussed picking on a farmers land here if it wasnt to local as all there going to do is tell you to get off but there is plenty of common land and if i head up to the yorkshire moors there is 1000's of acres of common land to walk

dont you ever get liberty caps on sportsfields etc over there?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3136461 - 09/14/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:smile: Ares (unstable grounds) heheha

----------

no but really, i have certain psychological issues
regarding there being psychoactive fungus in a
pasture with 'no trespassing' signs.

"And the sign says long haired freaky people
need not apply" lol

there's just a connection with pasturelands
and mushrooms... they call to me louder than
the sign does.

i have a legit psychological problem with
shrooms being on the other side of the fence.

Keep shroomin,
GG

Anonymous

#3171700 - 09/23/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

me and my friend are 16 and 17, so we simply go up to the farmer and say "we need to collect fungi to biology class and our teacher told us to look in cow pastures." and they are encouraging to let us go, we havent been turned down yet.

Offlinerezzan1
Namumsawitch
 User Gallery

Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: ]
    #3172678 - 09/23/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thats genius!

When I was younger it was all part of the game, kind of liked taking the risks late at night with flashlights runing around cow fields. One night looking for some libs we were walking by a canal and a cow mooed(spelling?) at me, scared the shit right out of me as fell into the canal, got stuck in the deep ass mud lost a shoe and was suprised that we did not wake the farmer. Ahh the war stories we have!

OfflinePsyclops
liberty hunter
 User Gallery

#3174772 - 09/24/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

watch out for bulls, been chased by a few. managed to dodge most of the shit aswell but as soon as they stopped chasing i forgot to look where i was walking and stepped in the freshest shit i ever seen! went right up to my ankle. i swear the cows were laughing at me.

tip; wear old trainers or shoes that you dont mind gettin dirty in!

Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: Psyclops]
    #4671921 - 09/16/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, a bull will feck you up big time if its pissed off. and they like to get pissed off for no reason, even if ur wearing a bright color u'd betta be careful. best of luck

Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: Shroom hunting in cow fields [Re: shroomr4life]
    #4671930 - 09/16/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

or hey! u could play mr. bull fighter and really impress anyone watchin! I'd give an applause to that 4 shur.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale