Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehermanntrude
Stranger

Re: ready made kits [Re: hermanntrude]
    #3173902 - 09/24/04 06:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i'm not after a massive flush or yield (i am a chemist so i know about yields anyway... 500% of the work adds 2% to the yield... exaggeration btw). I can see your point, i think it'd be great to learn about shrooms and how to grow them from scratch, but while starting a 9-5 soon i'll have to learn an awful lot at the same time as finishing my thesis off, and i'll be living on campus so i dont want too much stuff hanging around... i think in my situation the wise choice would be for the small, self contained, cheapo kit. that is, if i buy anything at all. it might be safer not to. what do u think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejon_funk
Stranger
Re: ready made kits [Re: hermanntrude]
    #3173947 - 09/24/04 07:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think kits are a good way to start, they introduc the very basics, and when you havn't seen shrooms grow before it is a true spectacle! they get bigger by the hour!

MY first grow was a kit, I've never achieved the same satisfaction from that kit as from my own succesfull 100% homemade grows, but I'm glad I started with a kit because a) it helped me learn the basics, 2) It made me realize i would really be interested in cultivating my own from scratch.,

If you look at some of the grow guides without having used a kit or whatever - it can look pretty daunting and I'm sure plenty of people think its too difficult and don't even bother trying, but if given a kit, i can almost guarantee about 95% of those will be so inspired so to speak by the kit grow that they'll then want to progress to doing there own.

Its basically a ladder, start easy then move on to harder things, same with cannabis.

-Most people don't jump in the deep end with a 62 plant, complex hydroponic set up, No they -usually- start with about 1-4 plants in soil and start off basic, after a first grow theyll feel so rewarded THEN move onto bigger and better things.

I'd reccomend a kit for a first grow sincerely and afterwards move on to more complex procedures.

Jonny

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: ready made kits [Re: jon_funk]
    #3174062 - 09/24/04 08:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I will agree that with the large number of different ways the growing process can be done it can be overwhelming at first, and in this case it is a well informed decision and thus a good idea. I in no way wish to scare you away from trying by fear of contaims. As long as you have read up on what to look out for it should be a easy and fruitful process. Most problems you can spot or smell from a mile away, and if ever in doubt you can post pictures and ask questions. Questions are a very good thing, as is the search button. The people that I fear are the ones that run across them on a site and after seeing how much reading is involved they choose to never learn and just go blindly into trying to produce with this method and this method alone. A wise man knows that he does not know everything, and is never afraid to ask questions.

Remember there will always be people out there that they have to make signs for on coffee warning them that it is hot, and for that reason alone if someone is not serious about learning the full process in time then they are only indangering themselves by skipping ahead. Jumping over steps is fine, as long as you go back and complete them the next time around.

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: ready made kits [Re: MadHatR]
    #3174359 - 09/24/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

good luck with the grow, btw. i didn't start with a bag on my first grow because frankly, i didn't know they existed. i got a few fresh grams off of 2 cakes and wasn't as happy with that as i thought i would be, it was just enough for my friend and i to trip once, and not that much. i made another round of jars and cased a few days ago... my first casings are visibly colonizing as of this morning... it's all very exciting. i just know i can't love them to death and will soon be spitting them into the fruiting chamber. i have to say it's very exciting and all a big learning experience, but it takes a bit of devotion and understanding.

good luck and have fun!

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder