Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

TO trip or not to trip?
    #3173968 - 09/24/04 09:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There is a lot of stirring going on in the spiritual community on this matter.

Some psychonauts prefer to use psychedelics to aid their spiritual learning while others (gettinjiggywithit :smile: ) stand firm on the ground betting that it should be done "naturally".

I have two metaphorical examples for you all.

1. Drugs and spirituality are like anabolic steroids and work out. If you use them to assist your weight lifting instead of natural foods .... we all know where that road leads.

2. Some people told me to avoid tripping on any substance altogether. They claim that i should aim to develop 'high' naturally. It's clear that they don't see the fuller picture. Is this about high?
Do i see the full picture? Even Leary in his psychedelic journey said, what Tibetan monks needed decades to achieve, can be achieved in a year with the help of tryptamides, giving the right settings.
Would you want to walk from London to Paris? Or would you drive on a new motorway via channel?

To those who believe that spiritual enlightenment should be done naturally, that the time you spend on the road is more important than destination, you might be right to a certain extent but think about this. When a person suffers terrible flu, he coughs all night, hardly shows any signs of life during the day, do you suppose you should just let him be, leave him in that state because we all know sooner or later we will recover from flu or cold naturally?

Or do you give him a hot drink with lemon/vitamin C/honey? Aspirin to lessen fever? You get the idea. In exactly the same way psychedelics can be considered medicine, not for the body but for spirit. So whats wrong if one uses it?

It's a constant struggle and paradox.
It?s all down to personal circumstances.
If one says: never do any drugs, it only shows their polarized view.

What exactly is spiritual enlightenment? Its simply getting connected with your spirit. What if a person suffers trauma or abuse that prevents him/her from recovering and accessing higher energies? Should he live with it and let nature take care of it? But who said mushrooms isn't nature? Whats the difference between a lemon for a flu and a cube for trauma? There is no difference. The problem with some people, they view all drugs in the same light.

A more appropriate question would be: is the person in question emotionally strong enough to deal with what mushrooms will uncover?

It's not about useing psychedelics or not, but rather HOW one uses them, how often, with what intention etc.
At the end we ought to reach the same destination whether we walk all the way or ride a bike, get a lift or catch a plane. Use of common sense and intuition is what I?ll follow.

Edited by cleaner (09/24/04 09:36 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: TO trip or not to trip? [Re: cleaner]
    #3174485 - 09/24/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

for me, spiritual trips represent high intensity shoving of new perceptions down my metaphorical throat. i usually can only hold on to a small peice of any given trip.

so in other words, in my opinion its good to trip when you're spiritually starving, but it really only helps things for a short while until you're willing or able to resume a normal diet.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: TO trip or not to trip? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3174528 - 09/24/04 12:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Their is a world that we project around ourselves continuously based on our programming, beliefs, prejudies and self imposed limits. This world is the TONAL, it is a way of looking at the world but it is not the world itself. In order to be opend to new realms of perception we must at least temporarily break down the 'doors of perception'(or open if you prefer) we must dissolve the ego which filters reality through this screen. With intesnity of meditation and concentration, this can be achieved. However, psychadelics in the right enviroment will break those doors down weather you like it or not!

My belief is psychadelics are very valuable in the early stages of development at least! the ego/verbal mind has such a strong hold on us that nothing less than monumental effort would shut it down completely. I believe that psychedelics break it down initially, and once this has been done and we have been forced to glimps the other world it becomes much easier to change our perception naturally.

Personally i think that their are experiences you can have on drugs that you simply cannot have with other methods. Therefore my life plan is first to take all kinds of intense psychedelics in whacky environment, (in the rainforests, with the floating reed people of peru) and then after that to go to a buddhist monastary for intense meditation.

The first one will throw open the walls of perception, the second one will help me master and control that which percieves . I think they will both be amazing experiences. As always the key is balance. to much outside help relies on reliance, dependance. To much abstinense and you miss out on whole realms of experience.

And fuck man i LOVE drugs! without shrooms i might never have come close to the realizations i have had! but, they can fuck you around as well and are just as likely to send you into a realm of insane self delusion as they are to deliver you into sacred truth (ive had both)

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology