Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Another way to maintain proper humidity
    #317313 - 05/14/01 08:47 PM (16 years, 19 days ago)

Ok, this morning I was day dreaming while taking my shower and thaught of a nice way of keeping the humidity levels ideal by using a fish pump, piece of cloth, a bottle, and of course some water. The idea is pretty simple, get the cloth situated so that some of it is in the water just enough to soak water up to the top and keep it slightly damp. Have the air pump's hose running into the side of the bottle but out of the water, a bubble stone might come in handy to keep out possible contams or you could cover the end of the hose with a piece of a coffee filter or something. You'll need to cut a small hole in the bottle cap (around half the size of the cap would probably work) so that there's actually enough air pushing to put the moisture into the terrariums air. After that place it in your terrarium and turn on the pump. Anyway, the advantages I would see in using this is that you could regulate how much humidity is being put in the air simply by lowering or raising the water level in the bottle so that the clothe soaks more water up to the top. Another advantage is that its pretty simple to do and doesn't take up much room in your terrarium. Another idea that someone said there neighbor used was filling the bottle 3/4 full with water and the rest with poly-fil and then putting the hose into it with a bubble stone on it. I'm guessing they where putting the stone into the water since poly-fil doesn't hold water that easy. Either way should work fine.

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRipper
enthusiast
Re: Another way to maintain proper humidity [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #320552 - 05/19/01 12:49 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

Well, actually a optimal form of doing this is via the method I devised utilizing a perlite bubbler with a mason jar, perlite, h2o2(peroxide 3%) and it works wonders, the cloth would bread contams. The peroxide and the fact that perlite contains 0 nutritional value makes it a optimal material for such use... Creates wonderful humidity too.

Ripper

Anonymous

Re: Another way to maintain proper humidity [Re: Ripper]
    #321179 - 05/19/01 09:26 PM (16 years, 14 days ago)

is there a link to a more detailed description of (ripper) this method?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology