Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Plans for my next cultivation...
    #316991 - 05/14/01 02:18 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

k, this is what I plan on doing with my next cultivation... First, no brf. I plan on using grinded up finch seed in place of the brf. Also, I haven't been able to find any vermiculite around here so I'm using jiffy-mix in place of the verm for my cakes. Does anyone know if that would f*ck up anything? Anyway, after that I plan on casing with jiffy-mix and finch seed with a little calcium added to it. Anyway, the point of posting this was to see if anyone knew anything that would screw up from using these plans.

Also, here's an idea I thaught of while day dreaming in the shower this morning to keep the humidity level right. If you could get a bottle or something and have a clean piece of cloth situated so that some of the cloth would be in water and soak up enough liquid to get the top of the rag damp. If you have a fish tank pump with a hose coming into the side of the bottle and out of the water it would just be pushing air out of the bottle and putting moisture into the air from the cloth. You wouldn't be able to use a wide bottle top but I was thinking a 20 oz bottle with a hole in the cap would be ideal or a water bottle with the sports bottle cap on it... just another idea, setting a fish tank bubbler up on a timer or using perlite would also work fine. But I figured instead of having to buy a timer you could just use this idea. Just an alternative to the others, if it works ; )

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Plans for my next cultivation... [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #317021 - 05/14/01 02:52 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Whoa - that idea with the bottle n fish pump thingy sounds awesome... I'm gonna try that one out in a couple weeks when my babies are ready... and as for not being able to find vermiculite? just ask any of the employees at any garden store/center around your town - they all have it.

? ? ? -????? O ?????-? ? ? ?
Weed Legalization Freedom Fighter
? ? ? -????? O ?????-? ? ? ?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineTriple_3
    #317048 - 05/14/01 03:15 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Poster: DarK_SavioR
Subject: Re: Plans for my next cultivation...

k, this is what I plan on doing with my next cultivation... First, no brf. I plan on using grinded up finch seed in place of the brf.
--------------------------------------
just use straight seed-

Also, I haven't been able to find any vermiculite around here so I'm using jiffy-mix in place of the verm for my cakes. Does anyone know if that would f*ck up anything?
----------------------
???

Anyway, after that I plan on casing with jiffy-mix and finch seed with a little calcium added to it.
-------------------------------------
do you mean case seed?
don't add seed to casing,contams...

Anyway, the point of posting this was to see if anyone knew anything that would screw up from using these plans.
---------------------------
should work

good luck

---333---

--------------------
---333---

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #317166 - 05/14/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

My neighbors do uses a bubbler idea that is a little similar two yours.  he has a 20oz pepsi bottle filled 3/4 with water and the rest with polyfill(the stuff they put in stuffed animals), in place of the lid he has a rubber stopper with two holes in it, one hole has the air line in with the air stone attached to it in the jar and the other has a hose that runs up into his terrarium.

I can see a world where this is no poverty and no war, I can also see us attacking that world because they would never expect it. :wink:

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Re: Plans for my next cultivation... [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #317289 - 05/14/01 06:32 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Cool, its nice to know that someone is using a humidification technique about like that one.. I'm gonna try it out, should work.

Also, I've looked around wal-mart and k-mart and haven't found any vermiculite, I asked the ppl in the garden center and stuff and they didn't know if they had it or not. I baught a bag at wal-mart a while back, but they didn't have any this time : / The jiffy-mix should work fine, I'm just not 100% sure it won't f*ck up my cakes. And I heard that grinding up the finch seed and casing increases your yields but is a bigger risk of contams. Also, I don't have a pressure cooker so thats the main purpose in my grinding the seeds up. I plan on boiling the seeds first and then drying them in the oven and then grinding them just to try and make sure they're sterile. I also plan on using some of the water from boiling the seeds to add some of the nutrients back to the cakes. Just what I'm gonna do, wanted to double check to make sure nothing was bad wrong first though ; )

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates