Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

problem with acne
    #3170311 - 09/23/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have some ocne on my face, nothing bad, but it is sometimes a little anoying to have that shit on your face, so i was thinking if you have any ideas or methods what can i do to stop or remove them ?

I wash my face 1-4 times a day with soap, and i have some liquid that dries out your skin bat that didnt seem to help much. Then i saw somwhere that 3% hydrogen peroxide ( H2O2 ) could help, so got some of that stuff too, but it is just for desinfecting the skin, and doesnt help much in removeing it ...
I also eat less chocolate and chips and food with fat, but it also doesnt help that much ...

So i don't know what to try next. I heard that there is a medicine made of some organice peroxide, salyclic acid and vitamine A ( tretinoine ), maybe i should get something like that ? ( or even make it becose i have all the stuff mentioned above ... )

What do you think, how can i help myself ?
:sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: problem with acne [Re: baltazar]
    #3170366 - 09/23/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you could go to a dermatologist

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3170746 - 09/23/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

pop it!~!! then eat the juice yumm

i know theres some stuff the doctor can give you, it didn't work for me though.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3170871 - 09/23/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Acne can be caused by numerous things so sometime many things must be tried to find what works best to control/minimize it at the least.

Sometimes vitamin E capsules are very helpful otherwise see your family doc and ask about it and they will likely prescribe a vitamin A creme or something similar.They may also have a list of solutions they can talk to you about and see what works.

Also eat clean healthy food and get decent exercise.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3170901 - 09/23/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

DONT PICK!
I got like 3 bumps on my face at like all times. If I pop em they get red and u notice them. If you let them be there invisible. Pickin spreads the bacteria.

Stressing bout pimples gives em to you.

Tea tree oil and witch hazzel and lemon are all essential oils you can use to help with acne. Ah yeah a concoction of violete water and or lavender oil has many healing properties that aids in healthy skin.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#3170907 - 09/23/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think maybe you're washing your face too much....washing away the natural oils and organisms that are beneficial. wash once a day.
i also read somewhere that higly refined grains or carbohydrates help to cause acne, not fatty foods or chocolate.
also, try not rub and touch your face so much..you really transport alot of crap from your hands to your face from all the stuff you touch daily.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: problem with acne [Re: felix]
    #3171045 - 09/23/04 05:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I wash with plain water and a towel normaly.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3171183 - 09/23/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Acne sucks but you are washing to much

You may just have to live thur it

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: problem with acne [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3171684 - 09/23/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. See a Dermatologist and get some Retinin-A (sp?). Not only will that clear it up, it'll prevent scarring.

OfflinePsiTripper
Male
    #3171769 - 09/23/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You are washing your face too much. Once a day (twice at the most) is good. Try washing with organic stuff. This place makes great organic products...
http://www.aubrey-organics.com/
But they are expensive. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/ sells a lot of aubrey stuff for cheaper. Many people with acne like their Blue Green Algae line.

You could also try some Dr. Bronner's soap... http://www.drbronner.com/main.html
It's pretty cheap and they make a tea trea soap. It's hemp soap. Many places sell it.

I do think that refined carbohydrates, grains, and dairy cause more acne problems than the foods most people associate acne with. Try to eat more of a veggie, fruit, nut, and meat diet.

My acne was caused by allergic reactions to foods I was eating. I'm allergic to corn, wheat, dairy, citrus, and whole bunch of other crap. Most people are allergic to more than one food, they just don't know it. You can get tested for your allergic reactions.

Personally, I think ance is caused by allergic reactions to food or the stuff you wash with. i think it's your body telling you it don't like something you are doing to it.

Try checking out your health food store for organic foods and health care stuff.

Hope this helps you in some way.

--------------------
Music!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3171999 - 09/23/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There are things from the dermatologist that WILL clear it up. You could try retin-a, which toiletduk mentioned. If that doesnt help, you could try something stronger. If this doesnt work, you could try accutane, and this WILL work for sure. Actually, many people from the shroomery have been on accutane. But you probably wouldn't even need to go that far. Check it out.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #3173105 - 09/23/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There's definitely some good advice in this thread - but I have major beef with the clause that your diet will affect your acne.  I recall having read enough literature on the subject (since I have suffered from a mild case of acne for years), that has me wholly convinced that diet does not play a hand in the severity of one's acne.  If memory serves, there has even been conducted a doubleblind study on the subject.. however I have no references to back this claim :frown:

At any rate, I eat whatever food I like whenever I want.. and I'll let you in on some secrets that help keep my face (mostly) acne free:
  • Don't touch your face... EVER!  This is by far the most common cause of acne that I have noticed.  Your hands are motherfuckin' dirty, you don't want that shit up on your face clogging up pores and what not.. come on now! :grin:

• Keep Your Face Clean! I recommend using a mildly potent medicated wash which is proven to kill the bacteria that is responsible for acne, namely a wash that contains salicylic acid.  This is the most common active ingredient in over the counter acne washes available today, and when used properly it does help quite a bit!  For more severe cases and on-the-spot treatment, you can try various Benzoyal Peroxide solutions or Retin-A.. but in my experience, washing once in the morning and once at night are key in staying acne free.  The wash I use contains 2% salicylic acid.

• In Case You Didn't Hear, Keep Your Face Clean!.. In addition to the mild acne wash mentioned above, I also use an exfoliating acne wash in my morning shower.  St. Ives Medicated brand is my preferred choice, however if your skin is easily irritated or you find it getting dry, you may want to use a non-medicated brand of St. Ives exfoliating face wash - which brings me to...

• Avoiding Excess Dryness!  Acne can be encouraged by washing too much and with too harsh/abrasive of a soap.  Thus, I recommend using an oil-free lotion after your morning face wash.  Try to find one which includes a Sun Protection Factor of 15, which is also excellent in keeping your skin looking healthy for the long haul :tongue:

• Try Not to Stress!  Stress will often cause one to inadvertantly scratch their nose/face/forehead/kneck, who knows.. not to mention, all physical attributes aside, it seems to inspire acne to burst forth in all its glory for no other reason than you've been letting your guard down! :wink:  Try to avoid stressfull situations.. this will also help you be a generally happier person :heart:

So, to recap.. here is my routine which has proved itself quite successfull (though I'll admit, the sound of the Accutane route sounds quite intriguing!):
  • Wake up and take a shower, washing first with an exfoliating face wash.
  • After rinsing, use a mildly medicated wash such as Neutrogina's Oil-Free Acne Face Wash.  Most drug stores make a generic brand of this that works just as well, it's also colored orange so it's easy to find, and it's usually a few bucks cheaper.
  • Upon exiting the shower, the first thing you should do with your clean hands is to apply a thin layer of oil-free moisturising lotion.  Loreal's Futur-e works extremely well, but is a bit pricey.  Just remember, a little goes a long way!
  • At the end of the day right before you hit the sack, give your face another warm water wash with the medicated acne face wash (i.e. the Neutrogina).

I'd be bullshitting myself if I'd believe this works for everyone, so just take my few cents for what they're worth.  Good luck you sexy bitches! :sun::spliff:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: problem with acne [Re: geokills]
    #3173180 - 09/24/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

be a man. use dishsoap.

i read in a health magazine about the acne and diet thing. it's not that one food or certain diet will actually cause acne, but it will contribute if you're not hygenic about your face.

Quote:

Refined carbs/sugar = more insulin = more hormones = more sebum (oil) = more bacteria = more acne

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #3173257 - 09/24/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Personally, while there does seem to be a legitimate basis to your hypothesis.. I am of the belief that eating a fatty chili-cheeseburger will be worse for you not because of any refined carbs or sugar, rather because when you take that first mouth watering delicious bite into the beast of a burger, pieces of the wrapper or food itself will touch your face, thus leaving grease on it.  Same goes for your hands after eating any food.  In my opinion, cleanliness is infinitely more important than any diet would or could be.

Just my few cents of course :spliff:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: problem with acne [Re: geokills]
    #3173357 - 09/24/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

it's not my hypothesis...
this is proven fact -
'Refined carbs/sugar = more insulin = more hormones = more sebum (oil) = more bacteria = more acne'

i don't think you're gonna get a pimple because you eat a burger. LoL

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3175012 - 09/24/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I feel its more about toxins/chemicals in the food.People with acne porblems who eat junk food seems to have much worse outbreaks than people who eat health food.The skin is the largest eliminatory organ in the body.Most toxins and chemicals are excreted through the skin.I also noticed that when I eat junk food all the time I developed a minor acne problem but after a while of eating healthy foods it goes away.Then again I am very sensitive to toxins and chemicals.

http://www.acne-advice.com/diet/detoxing/index.shtml

This link is worth looking at at the least.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3175468 - 09/24/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How old are you? I had bad acne from about 12 to 18, then it started to fade away. I still get the occasional pimple. If you are about 20 or younger then you will probably grow out of it. Adult acne is rare. There's a lot of good advice in this thread.

The only thing I can add is that:
A) Exposing my face to direct sunlight has helped me
B) Make sure you wash your pillow often. (At least once a week, preferably more)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3176906 - 09/24/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I went on accutane a few years ago. Cleared it all up and hasnt been back. I tried a lot of other stuff before that without it working. Accutane works in about 100% of people. Not many drugs with that %. Just drink lots of water. The BS surrounding it is bogus. What is the group of people most likel;y to killthemselves ... pimply teenagers.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: problem with acne [Re: baraka]
    #3179131 - 09/25/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I went on accutane a few years ago. Cleared it all up and hasnt been back. I tried a lot of other stuff before that without it working. Accutane works in about 100% of people. Not many drugs with that %. Just drink lots of water. The BS surrounding it is bogus. What is the group of people most likel;y to killthemselves ... pimply teenagers.

I agree.

I used to have BAD zits. Real bad. All over my face, and back! I tried EVERYTHING! I mean fucking everything, salves, soaps, not touching my face, antibiotics, diets, retin-A, Oxy, and everything else. The only thing that worked was accutane.

Yep, it's a wonder drug. Four months of that shit and it was like a permanent cure. It is hard on your liver though. Don't drink while your on it. It is harsh in other ways too, I kinda felt run down while I was on it, but it was well worth it.

Accutane. That is all.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: problem with acne [Re: baraka]
    #3179258 - 09/25/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:

Same. I did it about 3 years ago, I had the most awful acne ever... it was killing my self esteem. Baraka's right, Accutane is THE last resort for acne, but for me nothing else was working well enough. It won't come back afterwards either.... ever.

Go to a dermatologist and ask him about it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules