Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Need good bulk incubator
    #3170613 - 09/23/04 05:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone have a good tek for a bulk incubator, say for 60 quart sized jars or so ?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemitemouse
Student

Re: Need good bulk incubator [Re: pshawny]
    #3170730 - 09/23/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

A very large rubbermaid and and a 100-200 watt heater set around 80-82. The jars should generate some of their own heat.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need good bulk incubator [Re: mitemouse]
    #3170950 - 09/23/04 07:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

GO to wal mart, they have large 40 gal rubbermaids that should fit tons of jars. I'd advise you not to do PF on such a large scale, its much more effecint to make 6-12 quart jars of WBS and spawn to pasturized straw and mabey some manure. With one quart jar of WBS you can spawn about 1sq ft of straw/manure or just straw and get ~3-6 oz if all goes well. Going bulk saves allot of time and money and yields much, much more. :wink:

Edited by Gr0wer (09/23/04 07:03 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need good bulk incubator [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3172306 - 09/23/04 11:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I use two tub in tubs in a closet. Put in a shelf and stacked them. approx 30 jars fit in each one. I could fit bigger ones but they arent really needed. I dont think they were doing PF Tek Grower, they mentioned the 60 jars being quarts. I use quarts of rye and lots of it. Poo/straw comming in and out of the house and being pasturized (apartment in the dead center of town where cops sit to get speeders) could draw more attention then a 50 pound bag of rye every few weeks comming in at night. And a 50 pound bag costs about 29 bucks and each pound gives me around 4 ounces when all said and done (1 pound does two quarts which makes two casings at about 20 grams each for about 3 flushes). Not a bad cost ratio if you ask me. Not that bulk isnt the way to go for some situations but not for everyone!

You could also thinking about a space heater in a closet and just stacking shelves. You'd need a fan blowing the air around and no jars right next to the heat but it could be done...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need good bulk incubator [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3172451 - 09/23/04 11:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yea my bad I thought he was using pints for some reason. Not like it killed the thread though. :smile:

Thats a good idea using a closet w/ space heater. With shelves there more visible and accesable. With tubs you'll need to dig out all the jars to inspect rather then looking on the shelves and sliding jars around a bit.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need good bulk incubator [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3172628 - 09/24/04 12:06 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yes it can be a pain, two well designed shelves with big incubators works but the bottom jars need a little work to be looked at. I feel its easier then trying to insulate a whole closet at this point anyway, I just check my jars less. Rotate them every two days or so, shake what needs to be shaken and it works out ok. Takes about half an hour to go through and check them all/rotate them/shake/put them back/remove colonized jars if both incubators are full (like 48-60 jars). Fucknuckle mentioned that he used a space heater closet deal, thats where the idea came from..sounds like it could be gotten to work if one were so inclined...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation