Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlueBruiser
Psilocin Technician

Loc: Mushroom planet
Multi spore Pan Cyan Fruiting?
    #3170079 - 09/23/04 03:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I dont have the sterile neccesities to be working with agar but I can do multi spore innoculations. Would it still be possible to get pan cyans to flush on a multi spore innoculation. I would follow Una's tek from mush mush. What kind of results could I get? Cn I atleast get a decent flush or is this not possible? For the most part of what I have read everyone says do agar but I dont have that option, is multispore stil possible?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Multi spore Pan Cyan Fruiting? [Re: BlueBruiser]
    #3172149 - 09/23/04 10:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I would imagine it would go from multispore just might be slower. How much I dont know as I dont have much experience with this strain. I to am interested though..

By the way could you do something like the cardboard tek? It's somewhere around here and though I havnt done it myself some very good people said it was easier for newbies and easier for sterility then working with agar. Might want to look into that. And sterile neccesities? All I used was lysol and a trashbag, ghetto glovebox. Worked good..a few contams but only a couple after alot of agar work when I was new.

Well not much of a help but hopefully a little helpful. Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflinePosed_to_be_workin
Shld b wrkin
    #3172246 - 09/23/04 11:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Pan Cyan's are very vulnerable to contam, which makes the Pan Cyan more difficult. The multispore method is more likely to fail, but is possible.

I hope someone with more knowledge chimes in.

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #3172733 - 09/24/04 12:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

the myc is weaker i believe, making agar a preferable method so that you can isolate a thick, strong, fast myc strain. that should also help lower contam chances a little by starting with stock myc in good quantities to noc the substrate and also by having a strong, fast, and agressive isolated myc strain.

a multi-spore noc with viable spores that does not introduce contams

to what we will suppose is a sterile substrate in a sterile container with an adequete filter

of course has the potential to run the entire course of the growth cycle. im pretty sure there are grow logs here for pan cyans that used multispore nocs, you could check those out for time estimations, procedure, et cetera. you want to be comfortable making and growing with casings, and since these dont grow quite like cubensis youll pretty much need to get good at getting fat pinsets and big shrooms with this species to really make doing it worth your while, other than just gratification and what not, but thats just my opinion.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

OfflineBlueBruiser
Psilocin Technician

Re: Multi spore Pan Cyan Fruiting? [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #3178625 - 09/25/04 12:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I do have the experience working with cubensis and I know how to get good pinsets with them. I jsut wanna try a harder species. I guess I just imagine agar to be more sterile than say jars or bags. I plan to use lunas tek where the mycelium grows in autoclavable bags and then transfer that to sterilized bags with straw mixed with verm. and cow manure and then once colinized lay it out, case it then fruit. The mycelium is weaker I agree with you on that but I think the use of these bags will stop contams. I was just worried if I couldnt get a decent flush with out an isolation.

Anyways I started a multispore already so watch out for it in the growlog forum. :laugh:

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Loc: third stone from the sun
    #3178766 - 09/25/04 01:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I made some multispore Pan Cyan last spring and out of 8 1 liter trays I only got 1 gram dry..but it was great anyway.
Working on agar now. Dont have much experience though.
Check out my grow log if you like: go to search and type-in my name and "grow log".

--------------------
we are reasonable people...

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3178899 - 09/25/04 02:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i am thinking about usign the cardboard box with trashbags kind of glove box to make a syringe of sum copelandia cyanescens, then using it to produce a KARO culture, and then adding it to jars with maure BRF and verm in them. then doing a straight verm/coir casing ont hem without

does anybody think that there is a problem with this

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineBlueBruiser
Psilocin Technician

Re: Multi spore Pan Cyan Fruiting? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3183924 - 09/26/04 10:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

From what I know Pans need a dung or straw substrate. I dont think they will make fruits on BRF.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation