Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers)
    #3167543 - 09/22/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have seen many posts talking about using Martha closets to use as a mini greenhouse/fruiting chambers but was looking on ebay a while back and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42153&item=4325287535&rd=1

The only different to me seems to be that ebay's comes with shelves pre installed and its cheaper! I prefer these qualities at least....
Tell me what you think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: themills]
    #3167575 - 09/22/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Those are what we use exclusively with the Homer2 fogger units. they work awesome BTW :smile: One Homer2 unit fogs two 4-tier units side by side.

Invisiblethemills

#3167610 - 09/22/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So you have the Homer2 foger in a Y-split going to 2 4 ft tiers?
Could you link me to a site that has a pic/model number/specs on the homer 2 fogger. I would like to know more about the setup
:smile:

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
    #3167702 - 09/22/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I saw this same unit at a local Hardware - gave me a boner! :penis:

But then I noticed that the bottom was open - would this have to be sealed shut somehow?

Invisiblethemills

Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: Cornelius]
    #3167805 - 09/22/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It seems though that if you had all of the shelves full of casings that the moisture from the casing would be enough to put RH high enough to provide pretty good humidity levels, even with an "open" bottom. I am not sure about this but it seems pretty logical to me....

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3169230 - 09/23/04 08:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I would scrap the Homer2 if its the one I was thinking about, big expensive couple hundred dollar misters that he was talking about may be these. Hyphae's grows (and his friends) tend to be a bit on the large size and need larger misters. Well unless your looking to be really big and want to spend the cash, if so then by all means wait for more info back from Hyphae.

You could also use either and ultrasonic, or a coolmist humidifier. A coolmist can run 24/7 pumping in fresh humid air and an ulrasonic can be added for more humidity if you want. When I ran a closet similar to that (just bought a plastic shelf from the hardware store and covered it in plastic myself) I just used a cool mist and it worked wonderfully.

You could easily lay some plastic down on the bottom or cover it. It would need to be covered if the humidity could damage whatever it was sitting on (like carpet or something, you could start mold growing on it blah blah so you wouldnt want to put it directly down). I wouldnt be worried about humidity escaping under it as my closet wasnt airtight and still got up to 99% just fine with a cool mist.

Themills, it would provide "ok" humidity but I like my casings to be at 99%. I've found the more water (until theres standing water) the better for shroomies.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3169257 - 09/23/04 09:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

wouldn't the open bottom be asking for contamination also?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: Cornelius]
    #3169540 - 09/23/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Depends on how open....I mean if it sits flat to the ground and sits on something plastic it shouldnt be an issue. I just cant see exactly how the opening is shaped to tell how much of a problem it is. I'm assuming it goes all the way down to the ground all the way around and just doesnt have a bottom (them assuming its going outside and grass will be the bottom). I'd assume you could set it on any sort of plastic surface (a tarp, trashbag, just about anything) and it would be fine. You could fold it up the sides and tape it up if the closet left a gap that you wanted to cover. I always have a HEPA filter running next to the chamber so that keeps it pretty clean in the room the chamber is in, especially surrounding it. And H202 in the humidifiers helps!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3169609 - 09/23/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

These greenhouses are placed in those masonary tubs (the black ones) and filled with straight perlite then the greenhouse is placed on top and worked down a bit still leaving room for co2 to escape making for a very nice environment. As far as the Homer2 it's basically a ULPA filtered fogger unit that supplies two greenhouses. Here is what they look like. The prices are high because they are production prototypes and quantities are limited. Nothin but a thing! :wink:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: hyphae]
    #3169643 - 09/23/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ahhh fill tubs with perile for a ground instead thats a good idea..little extra humidity and somewhere for water to go and it cant build up... hmm I always have to mop up water in the bottom of my closets :smile: Maybe I should just throw some dry perilite down on the floor it would soak up the excess moisture. Wonder how its be walking on it though...

--------------------

Offlinexmercury
Stranger
    #3169697 - 09/23/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

bad idea scat, perlite is the dirtiest shit every. Sticks to everything when it is wet. So if your walking on it expect to have ur feet covered. But then again what do I know.

--------------------
-merc

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3169889 - 09/23/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Contain the perlite and you'll be golden my friend! :wink:

Invisiblethemills

Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: hyphae]
    #3170042 - 09/23/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So your saying that with the casings plus the tub of perlite would be enough tp susstain acceptable RH without any kind of misting or fogging?

It does make sense and I prefer to rule out as many mechanical things in a setup as possible, just because mechanical things break... Now I think that if that was the case and you didnt have to work about messing with RH all the time it would be worth it to make a real nice automated air exchange system that would of course clean the air simultaneously. As it seems having great air exchange does far more than being off a few percents on RH as long as casings are well done...

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3170077 - 09/23/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

themills said:
So your saying that with the casings plus the tub of perlite would be enough tp susstain acceptable RH without any kind of misting or fogging?

the right amount of fanning/misting(if needed)

GOLD! EN!
:thumbup:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblethemills

Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: george castanza]
    #3170096 - 09/23/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So what could one run automated that would do a good job of both of these. I know anything can be put on a timer so for exmaple, would a cool mist be sufficient? I know it would a good mist, but for providing fresh air. Or maybe an ultrasonic would be better?

Does any one know the atomic weight or molecular weights of Oxygen and co2 and which measurement is relevant when using the information to decide placement ot co2 vents. Obviously if one if heavier than the other then the vent would need to be in an appropriate place, most likely being wherever co2 buildup occurs most often I would think.

Edited by themills (09/23/04 01:31 PM)

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3170114 - 09/23/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

themills said:
So what could one run automated that would do a good job of both of these. I know anything can be put on a timer so for exmaple, would a cool mist be sufficient? I know it would a good mist, but for providing fresh air. Or maybe an ultrasonic would be better?

pmp can't be fucked with  :tongue2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3170124 - 09/23/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ultrasonics will introduce alot of RH especially if placed inside the unit. Coolmists outside provide a ton of fresh air when plumbed into the unit. These greenhouses have a tendency of not holding moisture that well by themselves, with the perlite in the bottom and casings that are kept moist you could do alright depending on the RH of the surrounding ambient air. My suggestion would be using a coolmist first and see how it goes. GL

Invisiblethemills

Re: Martha Shroomert VS Ebay (fruiting chambers) [Re: george castanza]
    #3170170 - 09/23/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ahhhhh I wonder if a large version of the PMP in a black tub as described. Instead of perlite use geolite put one of these greehouses on and a vent on top and run it 24/7 I wonder... I might have to try it. I would think I would need more than just 2 hoses, or make them longer lengths and kind of wind them around them bottom of the tub. 4ft of space is a bit more than a small rubbermaid to humidify and move air.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3170189 - 09/23/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

themills said:

Does any one know the atomic weight or molecular weights of Oxygen and co2 and which measurement is relevant when using the information to decide placement ot co2 vents. Obviously if one if heavier than the other then the vent would need to be in an appropriate place, most likely being wherever co2 buildup occurs most often I would think.

Co2 is heavier than o2(settles in bottom of chamber) , theerfore any vents should be placed near bottom of chamber . So vice versa incoming o2 should be placed near the top , so as to create an air flow that pushes Co2 out .
IMHD

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3170204 - 09/23/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

themills said:
Ahhhhh I wonder if a large version of the PMP in a black tub as described. Instead of perlite use geolite put one of these greehouses on and a vent on top and run it 24/7 I wonder... I might have to try it. I would think I would need more than just 2 hoses, or make them longer lengths and kind of wind them around them bottom of the tub. 4ft of space is a bit more than a small rubbermaid to humidify and move air.

or maybe even 4 or 5 pmps as the floor of a 5 level pmp(pimpn' mans pod) :tongue2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates