Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRef
Lycaeumite

Loc: NC
Contam in my FungiFuel bag?
    #3145153 - 09/16/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Syringe was sterilized before injection...injected straight into the bag. The possible contam is only in the left foward corner of the bag. Appears as yellow spots, and a yellow crack where the substrate broke. There appears to be blue bruising as well near that area.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesh4ne
Stranger
Re: Contam in my FungiFuel bag? [Re: Ref]
    #3145817 - 09/16/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Fortunately for you that looks like normal mycellium excretions and the blue looks to be bruising. I'm not 100% sure, maybe someone can back me up.

I have 5 FungiFuel bags going, 2 creeper, 3 GT, and one of the creepers showed contamination with a black mold yesterday (this after my order was delayed due to the contamination of a batch of bags, I didn't really mind it though, and was credited $5). I know it couldn't have been from the syringe, as the first creeper bag that I innoculated from the same syringe did not contam. There is very, very little chance that it was a matter of the environment not being sterile, although it is still a minute possibility, as I heated the syringe until it was red-hot and then cooled it with alcohol, rubbed down the injection site with alcohol and then injected the spores. Either way, these are great bags and good luck with yours.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contam in my FungiFuel bag? [Re: sh4ne]
    #3169744 - 09/23/04 11:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I can back you up on this one sh4ne. I also believe that's mycelium "piss" or excretion.
It shouldn't be a problem, as the bag looks almost done ...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale