Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

just an intro
    #3168442 - 09/23/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I downloaded fruity loops earlier this week and I'm working on trying to make my first song. I've been learning more and more as I use it and after making quite a few choppy beats to begin with I think I'm finally coming up with the basis for a acomplete track. Tell me how this sounds so far. I'm still working on the rest of it.
intro

Constructive criticism = welcome :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: just an intro [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #3169597 - 09/23/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's hard to give criticism because I can't tell where you're going to take it. I'll try tho :smile:

In your clip, to be honest I'm really turned off by the clap percussive sound. Again, I don't know where you're going to take this or what style you're aiming for. So if you are going for a hardcore/d&b sound then it would sort of work... but it's just too abrasive and used so often 10 yrs ago, you know what I mean?

I can hear you're experimenting with effects too, that's good--they are damn handy to make uninteresting things sound great.

I remember when I was just starting out in FL, I thought "pad, riff, drums, bass. There we go." I started there and then got into effects and changing the sound of each, arranging instrumentation and such. THEN, I discovered editing events... ooh what a breakthrough!

I hope any of this helps--it's intended fully to get you on the right first step :thumpbup:

Keep at it! I'd love to hear what comes next

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: just an intro [Re: Blastrid]
    #3169612 - 09/23/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't decided on replacing the claps just yet, but I was thinking about it as I'm trying to go for a more mellow kind of sound. I need to get some more vst's but until then I'll just try and have to work with what I have. I'm also trying to come up with something to kick in after the intro that will fit with how the intro sounds. Kind of hit and miss work.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: just an intro [Re: Blastrid]
    #3169848 - 09/23/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I remember when I was just starting out in FL, I thought "pad, riff, drums, bass. There we go." I started there and then got into effects and changing the sound of each, arranging instrumentation and such. THEN, I discovered editing events... ooh what a breakthrough!

exactly the same thing happened here :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom