Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGmpSpot
Stranger

Loc: MIdwest
Fluid Intake
    #3159228 - 09/21/04 09:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am new to this message board and I don't regularly post on any others so if I mess this up then sorry in advance. I have never tripped before and I am supposed to do my first this friday, 9/24, but we all know how planning in advance goes so I'm not holding my breath. I've heard from an acquaintance that when you trip you're supposed to drink plenty of water or any other fluid in the hours before you trip. I've tried to read as much as I can in this week coming up to my first and I haven't found any info about fluid intake before or during the experience. Can anybody with some experience under their belt help or give advice?
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Fluid Intake [Re: GmpSpot]
    #3159239 - 09/21/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend drinking any more or less fluid than it is recommended normally. So, if you drink your half a gallon or a bit more fluid a day usually, try to keep it that level also the day you trip.

Anonymous

#3160048 - 09/21/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think you're talking about rolling, not tripping. when you take exstacy u need to drink water to stay hydrated but tripping is different, just feel comfortable before you do it.

Offlinealtitude
stranger thanmost

Re: Fluid Intake [Re: ]
    #3164697 - 09/22/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thats one of the common misconceptions about ecstacy; that you need to drink water to stay hydrated. This only applies if you are dancing all night and sweating enough to become dehydrated.

There was a tragic case in england a few years back. A girl named Leah Betts died after taking ecstacy on her 18th birthday. The post-mortem infact revealled she had died as a result of drinking too much water. Anyone can drink too much water and it will kill them. It will diltue the blood causing blood cells to expand. The brain tries to expand, but cant due to the skull. Not a nice thing to happen. There was a lot of hype and myth around before this happend that you must drink lots of water when on E's. Sadly it took a death so that people were better informed.

I wouldn't worry about drinking fluids. Just drink when you are thirsty or if you have been sweating more than normal.

OfflineGmpSpot
Stranger

#3164729 - 09/22/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just to clear things up, I'm not planning on doing an ecstacy.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3164752 - 09/22/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It was never stated what substance you thought that you were going to be using....? The act of "Tripping" could be from a wide variety of substances....

But, I have only heard of dehydrating from taking E a and dancing all night in a hot environment like "altitude" said....

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
    #3169374 - 09/23/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i often have a powerful urge to urinate about midway through the trip. this act seems to 'shorten' the length of the experience, so i often do not take in fluids before the shrooms. i do, however, maintain a high level of hydration in the previous days (then again i drink between 6-8 litres of water a day anyway). what little water i take during the trip is to get rid of the taste and any drymouth. i try to urinate as much as possible immediately before ingesting. imo, resist the urge to urinate during your trip. also, i generally fast before any trips i take (eat one rather small, plain meal or no meals at all) the day before and of the trip. this last is a spiritual decision, however. there is no need for you to do it other than if you find that you vomit as a reaction to the taste (some people do) of the mushrooms. a friend of mine gets what he calls garbage-guts when he ingests and often finds himself vomiting. this is a rare occurance however. enjoy your trip!

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
    #3169415 - 09/23/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If you intake too much of anything into your body you will die. I have found it hard to regulate my substance intake when tripping. So I dont intake any substance. If you feel the need to drink water. Go stand in the shower and let the water pour over your head. It is almost the same thing when tripping.

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

OfflineBri
Junglist Wifey

Loc: Georgia
Re: Fluid Intake [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3170278 - 09/23/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've never found urinating to decrease the effects for me, but that's just me.
I always try to remember to drink water while I'm tripping on mushrooms. Anytime that I've not drank enough during the trip, as I come down I start to get an awful headache from being dehydrated.
If you're worried about drinking too much water, than make sure you're extra hydrated beforehand and drink some water after your trip.

--------------------
"Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic." - Salvadore Dali

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3172444 - 09/23/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You should ALWAYS drink plenty of water. it's just good for you, and you will feel better if you drink plenty of water regularly. and that definitely won't hurt the trip, to be feeling healthy and well hydrated.

--------------------

OfflineGmpSpot
Stranger

#3172964 - 09/23/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunatly there won't be a trip for me this weekend. My source has run out and my back-up can't find any either. I was really looking forward to doing it but I guess I'll just have to wait until who knows when. But thanks for all the help.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3174503 - 09/24/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sorry to hear that. don't worry though, the time will come

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag