Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Arghh nothings happening!
    #3168857 - 09/23/04 05:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've recently put two largish cakes into one of those heated propagators. They were 100% colonized when I returned from a trip, I left them a few days and put them in there where they have been for nearly a week. Nothings happened at all and whats more there are a couple of blue spots that have appeared. I know this is because of the water, I only misted inside twice because the perlite was keeping it humid enough. Are these cakes still gonna produce any decent mushrooms despite a small bit of bluing? I've got two other cakes which I haven't yet birthed cause they didn't look that great but I may be forced to if nothing happens with these. Its rather annoying having gotten to this stage, and realising that it may have been a waste of time and money. I had to use all my spores so if these cakes don't work I've reached a dead end. I've been draining out the excess drips and fanning at least twice a day. Anyone know if theres something I can do or do you think I'm being too pessismistic and should wait it out?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Arghh nothings happening! [Re: HilltopNomad]
    #3168867 - 09/23/04 05:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

First off, sometimes it takes a while, so be patient!

Secondly, what are your RH and temp. measurements for the chamber?

Thirdly, are they getting light?

and lastly, have you cold shocked?

Answer these questions, and more will be revealed.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3168873 - 09/23/04 05:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely wait, man. Patience is a big part of mycology. Have faith.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

#3168880 - 09/23/04 05:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

id say up the fanning to about 5-6 times a day, induce a temp dropif you havent already, for cakes keep the humidity up around 90-100%, and expose to 12 hours of light a day till you see pins then drop it down to about 6hrs a day. oh and the best advice i can give you is be patient these things take time.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Re: Arghh nothings happening! [Re: zoltar]
    #3168906 - 09/23/04 06:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well I feel a bit stupid now because I have no way of measuring the temp and I have no idea what RH stands for! Also I have no idea what temp the propagator is heated to, although I remember hearing before of people on here who have used the same one (from B&Q) but cannot find more information on it now, except the measurements (H 19cm, W 38cm, D 24cm).
They are next to a small window and so are getting as much daylight as there is. Is this a bad thing?
Unfortunatly I had not read about cold shocking until after I put them in, although I might try it with the other two cakes.
Lastly, I just realized that the propagator is plugged in at all times so maybe unplugging it from time to time to reduce the temp may help a little. I guess I shouldn't lose all hope just yet!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation