Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
i hate what i should not hate ==\
    #3155744 - 09/20/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I am usually very open minded. I love spirituality and exploring other peoples views, and creating new theories and ideas. I however find myself denying the christian religion. I am not christian, but when I am reading a book about synchronicity, and intuition, two things that I am very interested in, and the author mentions the rapture....I instantly think "oh god, this is just another religious psycho babbling in the form of a book" and sort of lose interest. Well I caught myself, and relize that I do not hate the religion, I just hate people who follow it with a closed mind to anything else. I wish I could get over it, because I love everyone and every religion...

But some people who spit nothing but a certain religion, and only that religion and then act like fools...they make me hate the religion itself. I wish it didnt, but it does, its something i need to conqueor but its hard.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Edited by root-ninja-tak (09/20/04 12:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: i hate what i should not hate ==\ [Re: tak]
    #3155975 - 09/20/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

relize that I do not hate the religion, I just hate people who follow it with a closed mind

You're in good company:

"I like your Christ, but I do not like Christians - they are so unlike Christ." -- Mahatma Gandhi

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3155982 - 09/20/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

> I however find myself denying the christian religion.

Often, when we replace one set of beliefs with another, we tend to degrade the original set of beliefs in order to strengthen our new ones.

... you are not alone in this... I struggle with it as well.

I try to remind myself that I am being as closed minded as the people that I am reading by judging them as another psycho-babbler.

> they make me hate the religion itself

Remeber, every religion has these types of people.  Look at the message of the faith, not the message of the people.

> I wish it didnt, but it does, its something i need to conqueor but its hard.

Who knows... maybe they are right and I am wrong.  :grin:  (Doubtful, but it gets me through the day...)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3156047 - 09/20/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No one likes ignorance in others or to even find it in themselves. You might appreciate a post on just did on playing with adding energy.

It spells out how we don't have to take from one area to experience gain in another. maybe you can apply the dynamic in it to this problem.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3156109 - 09/20/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's funny. I went to a church and hated it last night.

The whole place was like crackers in comparison to a good meal of steak that other churches I have been to would serve. They just didn't have any passion at all and they were overly moral.

Annother thing, they do not sing on key, not one person.

They think that they are the only correct church out of all the churches and love the KJV of the Bible. They have tried to change the fact that I like the Arameic one by Dr. Lamsa better by telling me it's not the real one. The reality is the KJV was translated from Arameic to Greek to latin to older English (with words like thou, thus, art etc.) before it became the KJV. The Arameic Bible is written directly from Arameic into english by a man who grew up with the language.

One huge differance is that the Arameic Bible reguards to hell as "sheol," an (obviously) older concept. Modern Christianity is a far cry from what Jesus actually taught. So many people and so many lies both clutterred it up and basically warped the religion. Jesus wanted people to be radical, free thinkers; not repeticious zombies who are submissive to frauds.

There is no reason to hate all Christians, Christ taught to love people but not to condone thier actions. I am a bit of a heretic, but that is allright because I have decided that the Christian path just isn't the exact path for me. There really isn't a heaven or a hell, the true words of the bible only mention it as "the lake of fire" in the book of Revelations (Appocolypti). Somewhere someone got confused or purposefully wanted to scare people into the faith (or keep them from misbehaving).

However I do believe that Jesus was the son of God, just look at my signature below this. He was also born under his own star. It is how I feel for now but I feel myself changing my mind again.

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3156184 - 09/20/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hating them shows the same level of un-Christlike behaviour that makes many 'Christians' appear hypocritical.

Try to realize that these people are not all this way, and that your generalization of them is based only on your encounters and experiences with them. If you do not like their values, learn from their mistakes about not following Christ's message - and follow it yourself (that is, if you agree with it).

There are no wrong beliefs, and if anything - feel compassion for these people as often times they turn blindly to religion to fill their own personal sufferings and insecurities.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3156233 - 09/20/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You should never "HATE" others for purely their religious values. If their values are all crazy and shit, then have pity on them if you must feel anything. Hate is reserved for your mortal enemies.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: i hate what i should not hate ==\ [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3156399 - 09/20/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yeah sometimes people who claim to follow a religion act in a way so contradictory to it that we end up losing respect for the religion itself.

This is a mistake, and one that we probably all have made.

Now you recognize the mistake, good job.

No problem

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3163707 - 09/22/04 05:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

learn to love hate!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: i hate what i should not hate ==\ [Re: Gomp]
    #3166502 - 09/22/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hate people not for what they are; hate them for what they do.

It allows you to not hate many more people that are not deserving of it, and hate more strongly those who are deserving. Basically.. hate, with reason, those who hate without reason. Everyone else is cool.

But argue with everybody.. but argue with a smile

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: i hate what i should not hate ==\ [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3167029 - 09/22/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Hate people not for what they are; hate them for what they do."

Or howabout, "don't hate at all"? :smile:

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: i hate what i should not hate ==\ [Re: deff]
    #3167309 - 09/22/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Huehuecoyotl

"Hate is reserved for your mortal enemies"

i really like that line.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #3167816 - 09/22/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've been having this problem lately. It's been a mission to come to accept others, and I'm still in the process. I figure it's not something you can just rationalize, and all of a sudden you can accept everybody, because we don't have enough understanding of others' thoughts.

I work with the fact that I believe that I should be accepting of all others, even in the light of their ignorance and hate and whatnot. So if I still believe this, I act on it by cutting myself off whenever I feel some anger. I try to stop myself from getting angry at myself too.

I've found simple meditation helps. I seriously didn't think it would work the way it did; sitting down and focusing on everything and nothing didn't seem like it would change me, I expected something else, but I'm finding so much more inner peace along with the ability to dig everybody.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3168842 - 09/23/04 03:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

that's hella cool that you can observe yourself and actually reflect on how you view reality.  :thumbup:

all I could ever say is

bettering yourself as a person=key

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offline3eyeswise
captain
Loc: lake county Florida
    #3171054 - 09/23/04 05:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I feal ya,I grew up with Christian background but now beleive in reincarnation and dont think there is a devil but the one in us still beleive in Jesus but I argue hardcore with real right wing Christians all the time,best thing to do is ignore people who choose not to evolve spiritualy and just continue to open your mind.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3174217 - 09/24/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Religion is a love/hate relationship.

Religion is fictional. (There are hundreds of ancient texts just because the western world has chosen one, the bible, does not make it correct).

I love it because it has kept societies together to get us here today. But yet I hate it because it has now become the cause of world hate.

You must also bear in mind that it is a human trait to decieve, exaggerate and taint. These texts have been altered by hundreds or thousands of people why trust every person in the chain. People lie. People exagerate. Even people from ancient cultures!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order