Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: Humidity]
    #316604 - 05/13/01 11:07 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

ive found several sources of mimosa bark but they are all in different currency except one. , so if anyone can translate we'll start from here.

http://infinite.org/herbdb/pages/H13.html = $4.00lb.

http://www.kingbong.com/ayahuasca.html = ? UKdollars

http://www.botanic-art.com/planten-en.htm = ?euro dollar

" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

--------------------
" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: Bleuboxo]
    #316611 - 05/13/01 11:26 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.kingbong.com/ayahuasca.html = $21.27 for 10g, $35.45 for 25g, $127.61 for 100g
http://www.botanic-art.com/planten-en.htm = $7.01 for 25g, $12.26 for 50g, $21.01 for 100g, $49.03 for 200g
1 USD = 1.14234 EUR
1 USD = 0.705318 GBP (UK Pounds)

If it works I might order some ; ) Theoretically it should work though, I'll be looking for results. Good Luck.

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #316615 - 05/13/01 11:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

holy shit king bong is a ripoff! thanks for converting savior! id say whenever i get all this stuff in, about a month from that.. do you think 100g is enough for a small shoebox casing and a couple jars of substrate?

--------------------

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
    #316618 - 05/13/01 11:34 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Also, in case you need to know this... One Pound is equal to 454 grams, heh.

Here's a couple calculators that might come in handy if you need to convert any more currency or weight.

Weight Convertor
Universal Currency Convertor, uses live currency rates.

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
    #316620 - 05/13/01 11:42 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Just thaught I'd show you all this picture of a mimosa tree ; ) those little flowers look cool as hell

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
    #316621 - 05/13/01 11:45 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Another species of mimosa, you might wanna see how much dmt the different species have... I think I might know a few places where you could order the plants and/or seeds.... I'll go look around for more info and shit and post whatever I can get ahold of

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
    #316625 - 05/14/01 12:01 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.buyitonline.ca/ethnobotanix/p875.html - Bark, 100g for $125, 50g for $75, 1oz for $50
http://www.gnosticgarden.com/seeds.htm - A lot of seeds for plants which contain tryptamine. Maybe it'd be easier to get ahold of dried leaves or other things from these plants than the mimosa bark and shit, possibly a lot cheaper also... here's one of the plants:
Acacia acuminata - Mangard, Raspberry-Jam Tree
(Leguminosae) Small tree or shrub up to 40 foot tall with yellow to orange flowers in fragrant spikes up to a foot long. The wood has a strong raspberry scent and was used by aboriginals to make weapons. Leaves contain up to 1.5% base mainly consisting of tryptamine with a phenethylamine type base also present. - 5g seeds ?2.50

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
    #316635 - 05/14/01 12:36 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for all the info savior! best bet would be to try a little first, then test it out to see if it worked. probably a few times. i would buy a whole plant if knew it was defintley going to work, but i can never be sure. im very optimistic about this whole project though. it should be getting some potent results. if not, there is always the acacia acuminata shurb which contains tryptamine and we all know that tryptamine is a defintite result...im set to buy 100g a mimosa bark and put some in the jars as substrate w/ rye. then mix it in with a mixture of mimosa bark & castings. case afterwards with coir. a somple project. anyone want to help me in this quest and take down, and compate notes? we'll get alot done if more people are working on this and actually compare what we are doing ( dosage, type of plant, substrate, etc...) im going to make a propaganda sheet.

--------------------

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: Bleuboxo]
    #316640 - 05/14/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

No prob on the info, I'm gonna go read up and compare plants and there percentages of tryptamine and dmt and see what all I can find that you can order and stuff. Hopefully I'll get some extra dough to order some of this stuff to play with... also, does anyone know anyway of figuring out the percentage of psilocybe in the shrooms? Aside from eating them and estimating ; )

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
    #316722 - 05/14/01 04:39 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Wow great research everyone!

Just a thought. Let's hope that the mimosa bark does not contain any unwanted substances like anti-fungal chemicals. If that is the case a extraction might be nessisary or one of the other DMT sources could be tried.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

InvisibleDirtmaster
addict
    #316725 - 05/14/01 04:46 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yes i saw that, and no it doesn't mean that dmt will work just because tryptamine does. the fact that they are both precursors in no way implies that both can be absorbed by the mycelium or that this leads to higher concentrations of psylocybin. if you had ever studied biochemistry you would know that cells' and organisms' reaction to different chemicals are drastically different depending on the exact structure of the molecule.

Offlinegray1
addict

Loc: brooklyn
Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: Dirtmaster] * 1
    #316760 - 05/14/01 07:20 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

dirty-
whether supplementing substrates will increase psilocybin/psilocin yield remains to be determined, that is the purpose of this post/experiment.
most people here are suggesting that, based on the metabolic pathways from l-tryptophan to psilocybin/psilocin, it may be possible to increase potency by supplementing with pre-cursors.
this is completely reasonable and worthy of further investigation.

why continue to contribute negative feedback, if you're not interested in this don't post.

c12h16n24ohdmt

Offlinegray1
addict

Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: Dirtmaster]
    #316761 - 05/14/01 07:21 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

dirty- whether supplementing substrates will increase psilocybin/psilocin yield remains to be determined, that is the purpose of this post/experiment. most people here are suggesting that, based on the metabolic pathways from l-tryptophan to psilocybin/psilocin, it may be possible to increase potency by supplementing with pre-cursors. this is completely reasonable and worthy of further investigation. why continue to contribute negative feedback, if you're not interested in this don't post.

c12h16n24ohdmt

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
    #316848 - 05/14/01 10:55 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Dirtmaster

Since this chemical is produced by the fungi I do not see why there would be a reason that it could not be absorbed. Its not like we are trying to add caffeine to the subsrate to increase potency. If that was the case I would be on your side saying no way. However, this is a chemical that is the same as the one produced by the fungi so I don't see why it could not be utilized.

I do agree with you there are factors that might affect the absorption, the size of the chemical structure and the overall charge (+, neutral, or -). There might be other factors as well. If you have taken a biochemistry class you should know what these factors are and give us a good explaination of why this will definately fail.

Like gray1 and others have said this is just a theory and the experiments will show if it works or not, but if you have some really good info that will prove this will not work I will be glad to see it. Don't just give negative feedback with out some proof.

Edited by Humidity on 05/14/01 12:59 PM.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: gray1]
    #316850 - 05/14/01 11:00 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Dirt, the chance still remains that the other chemicals could very well be used by the mycelium and the only way to find out is to test it. You should be more optimistical ; ) It would be nice to be able to case with slightly more expensive stuff and get more potent shrooms. Also, if nobody read my other post... does anyone know a way of judging how much psilocybe is in a shroom? (besides eating it and taking a guess)

Also, I found a chart with other plants and stuff containing the other pre-cursors, here's the link
Did you all know that the tomato plant contains tryptamine? heh, I don't know how much though.
Chart of the other pre-cursors

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

Edited by DarK_SavioR on 05/14/01 01:29 PM.

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

Offlinegray1
addict

#316858 - 05/14/01 11:18 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i've just begun reading PIHKAL by Dr. Shuglin and in the idtoruction he explains the process by which he compares the psychoactive effects of different phenylethylamine analogs, read that if you can get ahold of it.

obviously, ingesting them will be highly subjective. a more analytical mehtod would be extracting alkaloids from equal amounts of different test groups and comparing yield. probably would be valuable only if you are proficient in extraction and can readily obtain consistent yields.

by the way, i highly reccomend reading Pihkal.

has anyone read Thikal?

gray1

c12h16n24ohdmt

InvisibleDirtmaster
addict
    #317141 - 05/14/01 04:35 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i'm not saying that i'm sure it won't work. but there is no reason it will work either. that is why suggesting dmt as a supplement is "highly speculative". in absence of evidence to the contrary, one can assume that dmt probably does not work.

that the chemical is produced by the mycelium does not mean it can be absorbed or lead to higher potency. i could elaborate on the subject of biochemistry here, it would be lengthy and boring. suffice to say that most proteins transporting molecules over cell membranes are specific, ie geared toward one particular molecule, with a particular shape, size, polarity etc. and even if dmt was absorbed there is no reason why it would lead to more psilocybine being produced. indeed, exactly the opposite could happen.

the overwhelming majority of molecules cannot be absorbed or utilized by shrooms. thus, chances are dmt won't work.

and i will post my opinion regardless of what anyone says. if you guys truly seeked the truth you would find dissenting opinions refreshing, not threatening. especially so since i probably am better equipped to answer these questions than any of you.

Edited by Dirtmaster on 05/14/01 06:49 PM.

InvisibleDirtmaster
addict
    #317151 - 05/14/01 04:45 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

and yo, don't get me wrong here, i'm not discouraging folks from trying out new things.

feel free to experiment all you want. experientia docet stultos.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #317156 - 05/14/01 04:46 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

The transport sites on cells don't only allow one type of molecule in.  They are not 100% specialized.  There are many competitor molecules for many of the sites. DMT could has very little chemical difference then Tryptamine. While the organism will react differently to the slight chemical change, its chances of affecting its uptake of DMT over tryptamine is not very large.  After all DMT differs from tryptamine by only two methyl groups.  Considering there is a minute amount of DMT in every living organism, shrooms probably utilize the small amount present in dung already and that could be part of the reason you can get more potent shrooms from poop.

I can see a world where this is no poverty and no war, I can also see us attacking that world because they would never expect it. :wink:

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Lets start fresh...DMT substrate [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #317157 - 05/14/01 04:48 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Psilocin only differs from tryptamine by a single oxygen atom.

I can see a world where this is no poverty and no war, I can also see us attacking that world because they would never expect it. :wink:

Edited by jonnyshaggs420 on 05/14/01 06:49 PM.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order