Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Paul Stamets, Salvia, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineincubusboy87
Stranger
just started and cant get to mold
    #3166750 - 09/22/04 10:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey whats up everyone. Ive never done shrooms and im one of those people that fell you have to understand and grow whatever i do before i use it. Same went with Salvia and now same goes for shrooms. Anyways my brothers roommate had a 1 year old spore surenge and has had it in the refrigorator ever since. He used half and couldnt ever get anything to happen, but he also didnt kno anything bout how to do it. Anyways i just made my jars, cooked them, and injected them with spores and its now goin to be a week on thurs. the 23 since. I dont have one pin head spot of mycluiem(sorry cant spell). wat could b goin wrong and is there still hope? ive heard if old it takes up to an extra week but still if nothing happens is there something i can do to try and get it to work? also i dont kno if early stage of myclium growin but its clear white almost but still hasnt gotten any bigger in 4 days. same size since 2nd day it showed up. Prob just wet rice sticking to the side of the jars but o well. anyways help me if u can!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNOS4A2
Sh!tApple

Loc: notfarfromtheshittree Flag
Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: incubusboy87]
    #3166788 - 09/22/04 10:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hardest part is having patience. My first took over a month to incubate. Make sure your jars are in the right environment (faq).

--------------------
Hail to the King, Baby
CulturingTech

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3166799 - 09/22/04 10:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

it actualy sounds like something is growing... just wait and see in a couple of weeks, if it remains white and coveras most of the jar then you did well

read this 3 times, make sure you understand it, if you have any questions
do not hesitate to ask
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23588

welcom to the Shroomery

Offlineincubusboy87
Stranger
Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3174440 - 09/24/04 12:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

there in a dresser shelf 4 jars. Only 4 becasue thats all my brothers roomate had left in the syringe. But anyways its prob 70-76 on average in there is that good enough environment for them to grow? But what i first thought was mold, but isnt fuzzy white, its more of a clear blurry whitish color. I think its just the rice is to wet and has like stuck to the side of the glass. I used whole grain rice though, but what makes me wonder cause its perfectly flat and all stuck together. So how could it be the rice is to wet and somehow got stuck together, not very possible i think. but still doesnt look like any pictures of the mold were going for. Its been a week and 1 day now and still the jars havent changed since the 2nd day when the wet spots or maybe mold appeared. I open the jars daily to allow air exchange, but i might have also filled the jars to much casue there full to the top if that matters. But if the environment isnt right, and possibilty that im right on there being to much water should i just flip them over, and also, should i put them on a heating pad 24 hours a day? Is it safe to leave a heating pad all day, ha dont wanna start the hosue on fire! anyways thanks for the help before and ive read all i could and was wondering if you could help once more again thanks alot!!! your greatly appricated

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3174481 - 09/24/04 12:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Did you use that syringe that is over a year old ?
Not that that may be the problem , but deffinetly a factor . Buy yourself a couple new ones and get another batch started .

BUT PATIENCE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT TO MUSH GROWING ! Give it some more time , put them suckers in dark warm place and stop looking at them every day , they are shy at first  :wink:
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3174491 - 09/24/04 12:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you should be shooting for about 84 degrees, seeing as the jars create a slight bit of heat when the mycelium is in there.

it also took me about 2 weeks to get my first jar to show, but as soon as it did, the other one showed suit. second set of jars, only took a week, most showed on the same day. just luck of the draw i guess. oh, and one more word of advice... don't love them to death. they don't like THAT much love. :laugh: just gotta let them do their thing.

no grow like your first!

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Invisibletripndicular

#3174502 - 09/24/04 12:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

incubusboy87 said:
there in a dresser shelf 4 jars.  Only 4 becasue thats all my brothers roomate had left in the syringe.  But anyways its prob 70-76 on average in there is that good enough environment for them to grow?  But what i first thought was mold, but isnt fuzzy white, its more of a clear blurry whitish color.  I think its just the rice is to wet and has like stuck to the side of the glass.  I used whole grain rice though, but what makes me wonder cause its perfectly flat and all stuck together.  So how could it be the rice is to wet and somehow got stuck together, not very possible i think.  but still doesnt look like any pictures of the mold were going for.  Its been a week and 1 day now and still the jars havent changed since the 2nd day when the wet spots or maybe mold appeared.  I open the jars daily to allow air exchange, but i might have also filled the jars to much casue there full to the top if that matters.  But if the environment isnt right, and possibilty that im right on there being to much water should i just flip them over, and also, should i put them on a heating pad 24 hours a day?  Is it safe to leave a heating pad all day, ha dont wanna start the hosue on fire!  anyways thanks for the help before and ive read all i could and was wondering if you could help once more again thanks alot!!!  your greatly appricated

If you have been opening them jars every day :tongue: :crazy: , odds are you will learn all about contams this first time around :thumbdown: . Read .... read .... read some more , pick up a copy of TMC and read some more !  NEVER put jars directly on a heating pad ! Kick heating system in house to around 80-82 and this will do the trick (86*F for germination and incubation is best )

Did I tell you to do a lot more reading ? READ ! :rolleyes:
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineincubusboy87
Stranger
Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3174519 - 09/24/04 12:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

ya i want to get some more spores to injected a few other jars and try it again, also casue i only have 4 jars total right now and want to make a huge casing once they finally grow some mycelium. But having problems getting fresh shroms around here from people selling them and dont have credit card to be able to order any on the internet. Also does anyone have a good site on how to take the spore print and put it in the syringe and all that good stuff. Ya i guess i should just be patient. Everything ive ever grown thats all i get told. My Salvia took months to just grow a few inches and i was like WTF!!! but then i got a hydro system and it was like an inch a day hahaha. Patients is key i kno but in 2-3 weeks if no sign of growth would u say its fair to start over and try again???

Offlineincubusboy87
Stranger
    #3174538 - 09/24/04 12:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

what ive read from the vaults of erowid was that i might have put to much substrate in and so might not have enough air to produce growth. What it said was the verm layer on the top acts as a protective layer and some people even said they dont even put lids on there jars. Maybe im wrong but thats just what ive read

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

#3174602 - 09/24/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You really just need to go through the Basic Cultivation section at the Shroomery. Even if you learn by doing, you're going to make too many mistakes your first time around (with no prior knowledge) to be honestly satisified with your outcome.

So I agree with most others...read.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3174627 - 09/24/04 01:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

#3174633 - 09/24/04 01:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

dude start over read the faqs and try the pf tek first time around. case half of them and leave the rest as cakes to fruit that way. and while your jars are colonizing read read read and then go read some more. you can never read enough. and please dont open your jars until there fully colonized. oh by the way good luck and may all your mycological endevors be sucessful ones.

ps. try TLG i think he'll except money orders. if he wont try one of the FSR's there pretty good if you still cant get a print or syringe in like another week or so pm me. when my grows done ill hook ya up free of charge with a print.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: zoltar]
    #3174647 - 09/24/04 01:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the credit card part. I've never ordered a syringe or print with a credit card, ever. I've always done it through money orders. So that isn't really a problem.

--------------------

Meow.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: MycoCat]
    #3175040 - 09/24/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Good old fashion mooching sometimes works to  :wink:
But not many folks will waste a print on someone who does not even have the very basics understood .
FAQS
The Mushroom Cultivator
Knowledge is power incubus .......... get some and you will do fine , till then spend no money .......... well get some more jars 4 aint squat !  :wink:
READ READ READ

--------------------

Offlineincubusboy87
Stranger
Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: tripndicular]
    #3175500 - 09/24/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i do read stuff for about 3 hours a day. Ive read the Vaults of Erowid probably about 30 times everything there is. Im just probably expecting instant results from 1 year old spores, when ive read that slows it dragsteically and if the environment isnt right either. I think i put in to much water becasue the jars have spots that u cant see in cause the water has collected and is fogging up. But shouldnt it evaporate soon enough through the syringe holes? Ive read that you should see stuff within a few or two, but if not doesnt mean that nothings going to mycliuem does it? It could be a month before it starts to and that wouldnt be abnormal? I do read and read constantly its just i read how everyone gets instant results and im not and just paranoid that i screwed up which i may have done but who knows. so basically i just wanna no if to much water if i did so, ruins ur jars, and whats the longest it could take to grow before i should throw it away and attempt to do it all over again. Because im not wanting to try again and optain and spore print and spend all that time when sooner or later they might grow. I put the jars on a heat pad and the clearish whitish mold look alike has grown somemore so hopefully that will get things off and going. Could be myclieum just looks like its wet and has a wet look to it. So how do i correct my over watering the jars?

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

#3175529 - 09/24/04 04:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

First of all it doesn't make any sense that you read for three hours a day because if you had you would know the answers to all your questions. Secondly, you're not even reading this thread very well because you were told it was a bad idea to put your jars directly on a heating pad and you did it anyway.

Try reading through this, for starters: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23019

--------------------

Meow.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: MycoCat]
    #3175555 - 09/24/04 04:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

And you cannot expect quick growth from a year old, half filled syringe. Be happy you're getting growth at all (assuming the "clearish whitish mold look alike" is mycelium).

--------------------

Meow.

OfflineZeroArmy27

#3175582 - 09/24/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

But shouldnt it evaporate soon enough through the syringe holes?
-no, not really. we don't want evaporation when we get it right because then it would throw of the water balance for the mycelium. if it evaporated off, then nobody would get a fully colonized jar, period.

if not doesnt mean that nothings going to mycliuem does it?
-do you mean the mycelium isn't going to grow? i'd give any jar 2 weeks. if you're not seeing even the tiniest growth in that time, toss it.

It could be a month before it starts to and that wouldnt be abnormal?
-That is abnormal. It can be a month before the cake is colonized... that's my average so far, anyways.

I do read and read constantly its just i read how everyone gets instant results and im not and just paranoid that i screwed up which i may have done but who knows.
-Alot of the people here are experienced in growing mushrooms. They know how to get bigger yields, and faster. I just moved on to casing, hoping for bigger yields. I'm learning every day. Just keep reading and try again.

I put the jars on a heat pad and the clearish whitish mold look alike has grown somemore so hopefully that will get things off and going.
-BAD idea. you're going to have uneven heating, you could kill the mycelium. NEVER put a heating element directly on a jar. search the forum for "tub in tub"... without the quotations. Plus, you're not growing mold, you're growing a fungus. While it's still in the jar, you're growing the mycelium.

Could be myclieum just looks like its wet and has a wet look to it.
-No, not in my experience. It starts out as a white, cottony-looking spot and spreads. Then you get ropey strands growing outward- that's rhyzomorphic growth.
If your jar continues to look wet, you have one of two problems:
A)You got the jars too wet. Most likey your case, you said that you thought they were too wet. In this case, I'd say try again and shoot up some more jars if you have more spore solution. If not, I'll send you a print when my first flush is finished and you can make a spore syringe following the teks on this website.
B)Wet Rot. I want you to read the post on searching the forum (it's stickied at the top of this forum) and search for wet rot. it's also on the webpage somewhere... let me find it and i'll edit afterwards.

EDIT:
here's the link to common contaminants:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23418

it's the one at the very top. does it look kinda brown? I think you're using BRF, so I doubt it's that. If it looks a funky color or smells funky, then you have something to worry about. If not, well, then don't worry.

do you have any more questions?

--------------------

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Edited by ZeroArmy27 (09/24/04 05:05 PM)

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3175598 - 09/24/04 05:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I used whole grain rice though, but what makes me wonder cause its perfectly flat and all stuck together. So how could it be the rice is to wet and somehow got stuck together

did you use brown rice flour ?

OfflineZeroArmy27

Re: just started and cant get to mold [Re: motaman]
    #3175609 - 09/24/04 05:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

good point motaman. did you use the rice whole, or did you use brown rice flour? if you got whole rice and put it in a coffee grinder for a minute or so, it's the same as BRF.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Paul Stamets, Salvia, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation