Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDuncanBlack
Stranger
Correct me if i am wrong.
    #3165655 - 09/22/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

First time grower hear and i am planning on inoculating my jars this friday, after they cool from the sterilization of course. I just first wanted to mention some things and make sure that my set up sounded about right. I live with my parents and secrecy is of the utmost importance for this reason i have come up with some creative concepts on growing. I took off the black mesh covers from two of my speakers and then hollowed them out i am planning on laying them sideways and putting fruiting chambers inside. How much light do they need once in fruiting chambers, i know they cannot take direct sunlight so i was considering putting a cloth over them and then inside the box, is that enough to cause the sunlight to be indirect ? comments ? next, i dont have much money and creating innexpensive fruiting chambers has become a problem, i hear mention of a soda bottle but is that wide enough ? i notice in tons of pictures shrooms grow out the sides. what about a gallon milk jug ? would that work as a shade from direct sun and yet be large enough for shrooms to grow from sides and top ? if any one has any suggestions or corrections im more than willing to listen and learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshallow
Re: Correct me if i am wrong. [Re: DuncanBlack]
    #3165782 - 09/22/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I live with my parents

Quote:

if any one has any suggestions or corrections im more than willing to listen and learn

I would suggest not commiting a felony drug cultivation operation in your parents house, but thats just me. :shrug:

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
    #3165784 - 09/22/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You shouldn't grow in your parents house.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3165798 - 09/22/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

how old are you?

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Correct me if i am wrong. [Re: george castanza]
    #3165841 - 09/22/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i still live with my parents... 2-3 years ago that i registered in the shroomery i had problems like you...
later i talked with my parents (thousand times) and now i cultivate with no problems at all..
well i live one floor up right now but there is still no problem with them

your best bet would be to convince them that you dont do sth bad. tell them u cultivate edibles or sth

OfflineDr_Nick_Riviera
Forum Guy

Loc: Australia
    #3166358 - 09/22/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Firstly I agree with everyone thats commented before me. Ok, so how many do you really want to grow? If your not interested in growing much then you could just follow the PF tek (http://www.fungifun.org/pf/fruiting.htm) but where he's used a small bucket with some plastic over the top, just use something smaller like a large maccas cup and only make 1 cake, although if it gets contaimed, then you'll have no back ups. But I've seen it done before on one of the forums.

Also there is a few ppl that have said that their cakes havent needed much light at all, and that one person awhile ago mentioned just using a little torch a few minutes a day. However this might have been during the time when the mushrooms were actually fruiting and just needed direction and not to initiate pinning.

Anyway I think you'd just be better off if you waited till your either old enough to move out so if you get busted by the police your parents wont get dragged into it all, or just ask your parents. If they agree then you'll have more fun growing cause you wont be constantly paranoid, and you'll be able to grow more and probably quicker.

Or if all else fails tell them the last thing hamurabi sugested.

Offlinezorak
Stranger
    #3440866 - 12/03/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DuncanBlack said:next, i dont have much money and creating innexpensive fruiting chambers has become a problem, i hear mention of a soda bottle but is that wide enough ? i notice in tons of pictures shrooms grow out the sides. what about a gallon milk jug ? would that work as a shade from direct sun and yet be large enough for shrooms to grow from sides and top ?

I have the exact same question and i can't seem to find the answer in any of the faqs. the soda bottles seem way to thin for most of the half pint caked i've seen in regular terrariums, with mushrooms growing out the sides. but maybe the camer's playing tricks on me and they just seem bigger than they really are, since i've never actually grown before. so anyways, does anybody have an answer??? are soda bottles really wide enough to fruit cakes in?

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Correct me if i am wrong. [Re: zorak]
    #3440906 - 12/03/04 02:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok guys, 3-liter, not a 2-liter, def. Way to small, the mushrooms grow Towards the light, so if you put light on the side, that is where they will grow, if the light is from above as in a light in your room, then they grow up, i don't advoate growing in secrecy but if you guys really need help you can pm me and ill try my best to help. Gl

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Correct me if i am wrong. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3440910 - 12/03/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

O and 3-liter bottles can be obtained at places like ; Food Lion (local store here) and every dollar store typically carries them. Gl

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

#3440913 - 12/03/04 02:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Do you see how old some of these posts are before you reply????? Seriously....

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Correct me if i am wrong. [Re: themills]
    #3440923 - 12/03/04 02:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

...someone else bumped it up, oops?

Offlinezorak
Stranger
    #3441010 - 12/03/04 04:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i knew it was old but i still wanted an answer to that question. i found this thread cuz i was doing a search on 2 liter bottles to try and find a grow report where someone used it succesfully so i could see a pic of a fruiting mushroom in one, but i couldn't find any.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies