Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

The Dream People
    #3164541 - 09/22/04 01:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

In the 1970s, two american ethnologists dicovered in the deep forest of Malaya a primitive tribe, the Seno?s.
This tribe organized their life around their dreams. We called them the "people of dreams".

Every morning at breakfeast, around the fire, each person only discussed the dreams they had during the night.
If one Seno? had dreamt of hurting somebody, he had to offer a gift to the person concerned. If he dreamt of being hit by a person, that person had to apologize and offer a gift as an excuse.

In this tribe the onirical world was richer of teaching than real life. If a child said he had met a tiger and ran away, he was obliged to dream about the tiger again the next night, fight with it, and kill it. The ancients would explain to him how to do this. If the child did not succeed in ending it with the tiger, the whole tribe would reprimand him.

In the system of values of the Seno?s, if you dreamed about having sex, you had to go all the way to orgasm, and then thank the person you made love to in real life by offering a gift.
In the face of hostile adversaries in nightmares, you had to defeat the opponent and then claim a gift from him to become friends with him.

The most coveted dream was that of the flight. The whole community congratulated the author of a flown dream. For a child, to announce a first flight was like a baptism. The child was covered with gifts and then he was explained how to fly to unknown countries and bring back exotic offerings.

The Seno?s seduced the western ethnologists. Their society did not know violence nor any form of mental diseases. It was a society without stress and without any war-conquering ambitions. The work was resumed to a strict minimum necessary for survival.

The Seno?s disappeared when part of the forest was cleared.

--------------------

Edited by exclusive58 (11/24/05 08:14 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology