Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCrelex5
Maniac
Super Bulk ( community help )
    #3164374 - 09/22/04 01:17 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Hello everyone been a lurker here for about a year now and started out with a PF-Tek and 6 jars using EQ strain and that went flawlessly with no contams. Multispore Innoc and incubated in 80 deg closet for first run. Fruited in perlite tub.

2nd Run was done using a HoneyTek from the first Run of cakes ( used a sterilzed knife with open over tek to insure no contams ) cut the cake open and used a peice of colonized cake into the honey jar. The honey jar then colonized and was used to innoculate the next set of 12 jars of which 1 got green mold ( not sure what the problem was but rest were fine, incubated in Tub in Tub at 85.5 degress ( from my understanding temp inside the jars are 1.5-2.5 degrees higher than temp of the second tub.  Jars colonized in about 22 days PF-Tek again only difference was more jars and new innoculation technique.  These jars were fruited in a Tub with perlite humidification and dunked for 24 hours between flushes. I beleive I got about 4-6 grams dry per cake per flush.

3rd Run was done exactly like 2nd but these were all cased using 50/50 verm / coir into those disposable aluminum baking tins I think they measured 8"x11". This got my yields up to about 17 grams dry per flush with 2-3 cakes per baking tin.

Now I live in a country where growing and selling mushrooms of 'vision' is legal and I am wondering if you all could help me try to turn a decent profit on these things.

I would like to produce 2-3 LBs of dry mushrooms per month and have a few ideas and have read endless ammounts of information on the Shroomery and Mycrotopia about bulk runs.  I have around 1500 dollars US ( used a currency calc ) to put into this idea and was wondering what would be my best bet at hitting my goal.  I'm thinking that since I have 100 1/2 pint jars sitting around and 4 pressure cookers that I could just innoculate all these jars with the 5 honey tek jars I have ready and then use those as spawn to a bulk sub I'm thinking Poo / Straw would be my best bet and using those large rubbermades that measure about 2' x 3' wide and 1' tall to case in.

How many cakes would I crumble per case?
Should I just stick to the ratio 1:5 spawn to bulk sub?

Would the tubs I have talked about need extra humidification or would the casing provide enough?

And how many tubs are we talking to get the yeilds I desire?

Time is not an issue as this will be a venture I am willing to pursue fulltime in order to turn a livable profit on.

Thanks for all the help and I'll be more than happy to post any details needed that I have failed to mention.

Sorry about my english not my first lang. :guns:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Super Bulk ( community help ) [Re: Crelex5]
    #3164434 - 09/22/04 01:33 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

>I'm thinking Poo / Straw would be my best bet
Sounds ok.

> and using those large rubbermades that measure about 2' x 3' wide and 1' tall to
>case in.

Sounds ok too. MushMush uses this technique. Manual airing required.

>How many cakes would I crumble per case?
>Should I just stick to the ratio 1:5 spawn to bulk sub?

1:10 is sufficient. But there is no limit upwards.

>Would the tubs I have talked about need extra humidification
No.

>And how many tubs are we talking to get the yeilds I desire?
Well... you want 3 dry pounds which is 30 wet pounds.

100 grams fresh weight from 100 grams dry substrate is 100% biological efficiency. Assuming 100% BE (cubensis easily yields more) you would have to have 30 pounds dry poo/straw which is around 100 pounds wet weight.

These are only rough estimates, you will probably yield more than 3 pounds dry from 100 pounds wet weight.

OfflineCrelex5
Maniac
    #3164477 - 09/22/04 01:44 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Thanks for the reply if you have any further tips please feel free to give them to me. Also was thinking about using Oven Bags with Straw as opposed to the jars would this be a quicker way towards the fruiting process or should I maybe just add this as a step after the jars are colonized. Take the jars and spawn the straw, then spawn the poo / straw with the now large amount of colonized straw?

Would there be a benifit to this or is it time wasted?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3164498 - 09/22/04 01:48 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Each step more is one more chance for contamination.

I would go: colonized spawn -> pasteurized straw/poo ->casing with 50/50+ casing
There are several useful guides here:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/22994

Offlinexmercury
Stranger
    #3164897 - 09/22/04 03:15 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

I know you said you only had 1/2 pints but go with grain as your spawn

my 2c

--------------------
-merc

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation