Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society?
    #3163908 - 09/22/04 08:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well? A majority (and i only use the word majority becuase 99.99999999999999999999999% of terrorism is caused by these dosile people) of terrorism is perpetuated by, yep you guessed it, muslims doing it in the name of islam and allah.  We know this, it's no surprise, but what is the point of this culture?  While I don't hate muslims (the average muslim who holds the beliefs that "allah" supposedly teaches, which is a small minority.) I do dind it harder and harder to understand what their goal is as a culture.  The one goal I know they have is the elimination of Jews and those that are allied with them (Zionists, infedels or what other key phrases that ignorant people use) for the mere reason they aren't them. 

Aside from perfecting terror, killing and general unrest, what has the middle east contributed to modern day society?  What inventions are they coming up with to provide it's people with an easier life? I honestly don't know.  I know the culture of old came up with many inventions concerning math and science, astonomy etc. but I fail to see what they have done.

One last thing, what's up with all the dancing the muslims seem to do everytime they do something they perceive as good?  I mean they're just jumping up and down...weird. :nonono:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3163929 - 09/22/04 08:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

They invented the shoe bomb, although Im not sure it makes peoples lives easier, they did invent it I think.

You can't tell me that when you watch football or something that you don't jump up and down and wave your gun going lalallalallalalalalalalallalalalaa when a point is scored.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: Stein]
    #3163937 - 09/22/04 08:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

You can't tell me that when you watch football or something that you don't jump up and down and wave your gun going lalallalallalalalalalalallalalalaa when a point is scored.

not since 911.. :mad:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3164025 - 09/22/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

99.99999999999999999999999% of terrorism is caused by these dosile people

Depends how you define terrorism though Inny doesnt it? I would imagine the US have killed far more innocent civillians than all terrorists of any religous persuasion put together.

Terroism defined by dictionary.com "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

As many people in the world view the Iraqi war as illegal that means the US have been involved in one of the bloodiest terrorist assaults ever known.

I wonder how much terrorism, in your sense of the definition, we would have seen if the US hadnt perpetuated so much "legal" terrorism?

Guess we will never know the answer to that one.

Im not too sure what contributions modern arabs have made to science etc but obvioulsy during their history they have contributed alot. whats your point here Inny anyway?

Quote:

One last thing, what's up with all the dancing the muslims seem to do everytime they do something they perceive as good? I mean they're just jumping up and down...weird.

Yeah its much more "cultured" to pump your fist in the air shouting U-S-A, U-S-A...

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: GazzBut]
    #3164038 - 09/22/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Depends how you define terrorism though Inny doesnt it?

Aristoltilian(sp) law: things are what they are. Don't try to avoid the topic.

Quote:

As many people in the world view the Iraqi war as illegal that means the US have been involved in one of the bloodiest terrorist assaults ever known. ....blah blah blah.....america is evil...blah, blah blah.

wrong, next.
the rest of your babble will be ignored because it doesn't answer the question i'm asking.

Quote:

Im not too sure what contributions modern arabs have made to science etc but obvioulsy during their history they have contributed alot. whats your point here Inny anyway?

i'll take this as you can't find a thing they have contributed to society, i'm still open for input.

Quote:

Yeah its much more "cultured" to ...blah, blah, blah....USA USA

babble babble babble...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3164133 - 09/22/04 10:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oh the irony....

Lets cut to the chase inny what lame ass xenophobic point are you trying to make here?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: GazzBut]
    #3164148 - 09/22/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lets cut to the chase inny what lame ass xenophobic point are you trying to make here?

no point, I just want to know what they have contributed to the advancement of man. What have they contributed?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3164167 - 09/22/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oil?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3164177 - 09/22/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well, if I'm not mistaken, they preserved the wisdom of the ancient Greeks while Europe was in the Dark Ages. I believe they also contributed many advancements in medical technology, creating some of the first hospitals. They meticulously copied and recopied manuscripts, and created paper(the pulp kind, not the papyrus kind of the ancient days). As for what they've done since the Renaissance, all I can think of is they figured out how to strap bombs to their chest and take as many civilians with them as possible.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: Evolving]
    #3164223 - 09/22/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That would be a good one if they invented it, hell the West had to show them how to drill and refine it. Unfortunatly oil is a contribution by the dinosaurs.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3164241 - 09/22/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

As for what they've done since the Renaissance, all I can think of is they figured out how to strap bombs to their chest and take as many civilians with them as possible.

correct, they can contribute the invention of the homocide bomber and the bomb jacket.

The middle east was the beginning of it all and there is no doubt that they have contributed to society back then but as the world becomes more civilized, they seem to be digressing.

so we should get this in perspective:

modern Contributions to man:

Dinosaurs: Oil
Muslims: Homocide bombers, Shoe bombers, the bomb jacket and jihad.

Can anyone else come up with some?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3164247 - 09/22/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

They came up with good clothing for ugly women, the burkha.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: Evolving]
    #3164254 - 09/22/04 10:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

True, but some of them are pretty hot...

modern Contributions to man:

Dinosaurs: Oil
Muslims: Homocide bombers, Shoe bombers, the bomb jacket, jihad, the burkha.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #3164261 - 09/22/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Homicide" Bombers? :lol: You watch too much Fox News.

Isn't any bomb that kills someone (as most bombs intend to do) a 'homicide bomb'?  What distinguishes the bombs you're referring to is that they kill the detonator at the same time--hence the non-ridiculously-spinned term 'suicide' bombs.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3164270 - 09/22/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If you replace 'islam/muslims' with ' 3rd World/Developing Nations' is the result any different?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: Tao]
    #3164280 - 09/22/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

> If you replace 'islam/muslims' with ' 3rd World/Developing Nations' is the result any different?

Donno... I haven't seen too many nomadic african suicide bombers in the news... of course, if they don't have oil there is no reason why I would expect to see them on the news...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: Tao]
    #3164283 - 09/22/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

"Homicide" Bombers? You watch too much Fox News.

If theye were to go into the middle of a large field and yell "allah akbar" and press the button then they would be suicide bombers, when their key purpose is to kill others then it is considered a homocide.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3164327 - 09/22/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

While I don't hate muslims (the average muslim who holds the beliefs that "allah" supposedly teaches, which is a small minority.)

WRONG!

I work next door to a massive mosque which takes around 300 Muslims in for prayer 5 times a day and numerous others inbetween. These are mainstream Muslims (not the small minority). Often I hit the pavement as they are coming and/or going from their prayers and services. There they are, hundreds of them on the pavement, one can barely move. There I am, a non-muslim, trying to get through the midst of it. Are there any bombs? Is there any jostling? Does anyone push me or spit?

NO

There is much smiling and friendliness, the people are kind and curteous as they make way for me, these mainstream muslims are suprisingly normal, or would be to someone who lives in a frightened xenophobic Western community. Oh, maybe the shawar-ghemi's might be a bit too scary!...ooooo! They look like ghosts in those outfits and they speak in more then one language, how scary!

The community I live in (a borough in the midst of a major city) is made up of probably 40-50% muslims, living side by side with Christians, Hindus and basically every faith including Pagans, Heathens and the Damned Faithless.

We live well together. The multiculturality is dazzling and the community functions well. People get on well across the borders of faith. When the politicians began their rhetoric to divide us, I for a short time felt fear they would divide our community. Thankfully we are stronger than their forked tongues. We still live as one, we know none of this current war is about our differences of faith, we know it is to feed the greed of the politicians and their masters.

Maybe you should get off your ass and buy a plane ticket and try experiencing the world first hand....take some valium, you might not be able to cope with different cultures too easy by the sounds of your rhetoric. Open your mind, you might suprise youself.

Quote:

As many people in the world view the Iraqi war as illegal that means the US have been involved in one of the bloodiest terrorist assaults ever known. ....blah blah blah.....america is evil...blah, blah blah.

...hmmm...well you misquoted Gazz quite substantially, tagging on your own complex - and revealing an inadequacy to see in glorious technicolour rather than in an unreal propaganda fed black and white. Perhaps you should actually read other peoples posts instead of presupposing your own complex on them.

He never said America is evil....In all effect though, you said that 99.99999999999999% of Muslims are evil killers. A bold statement, completely unsubstantiated by reality.

Grow up and get real man. Why are you and so many paranoid Americans so wrapped up in your own self righteous shit. If we are not with you on foreign policy, it does not mean we are against you in the sense you make out. That is your complex - fear. Try thinking in more than 2 dimensions.

It's easy if you just turn off, tune in and drop out.

To move others toward freedom, you must first choose it yourself. Open your inner ears and eyes. Open your outer senses, really look. Forget your conditioning. We can all move forward.

p.s.
Q: How many muslims terrorised America before America started fucking with their homelands, conning oil away and installing dictators?

A: None!

Think about it..........

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society? [Re: Seuss]
    #3164363 - 09/22/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Donno... I haven't seen too many nomadic african suicide bombers in the news...

That wasn't the question posed in the thread. the question was, " what have muslims/islam contributed?"

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: What have muslims or islam contributed to modern society [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3164364 - 09/22/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

didn't they invent our current numbering scheme as well as some mathematic principles some thousands of years ago?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds