Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

THC Addictiveness, The Expirement V1
    #3157511 - 09/20/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

An expirement focused on composing a hypothesis for the physical and mental addictivness of ganjaa.

Being a very "Chronic" smoker of VERY "chronic" reefer i have decided to do an expirement to compose a theory on quitting thc and overcoming cravings....hainvg smoke at least a quarter every day for the past couple weeks of sticky weed just smoked a bowl right now I am going to start the expirement when I wake up tomorow mourning...after smoking another bowl tonight i will put the bags of sweet sativa away in my closet and begin the expirement (i have not quit for more than a day in quite some time). when my urges get crazy to open up my bags of weed or i feel any withdrawl effects i will come back to writing this report and explain every feeling. wish me luck :smile:

<will update 2morow after class>

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: THC Addictiveness, The Expirement V1 [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #3157745 - 09/20/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A quarter a day??

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3159262 - 09/21/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Addiction is in the mind, if you ask me. I smoked 4-5 grams per day for about a year and a half, then quit cold turkey one day. I smoke now, though FAR less, but I also know that I can stop should I want to.

I did the same thing with ciggs, though I smoked them for about five years (ending off arond 1/2 pack a day). One night just decided it was time to quit, so I threw out my pack and that was that. I still don't smoke ciggs, ever.

Addiction is in the mind. If you want to quit, you can. I cannot speak for the truely physically addictive substances like heroin, though many scientists say that nicotine is even more addictive and I had absolutely no problem with that.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous

Re: THC Addictiveness, The Expirement V1 [Re: trendal]
    #3159295 - 09/21/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Agreed. If you want to quit, you will. I quit a verrry long opiate addiction of around 5 years cold turkey. Once you are disgusted and truly recognize a problem with your (ab)use, you should have no problems quitting. If you don't want to quit, you won't and maybe should question why you are thinking of quitting rather than why you haven't quit. :rasta:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: THC Addictiveness, The Expirement V1 [Re: Organic]
    #3159345 - 09/21/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

To be perfectly honest, I think a lot of the emphasis on "addiction" these days comes from our society's peculiar urge to place blame on anyone but ourselves. People seem to feel better about their abuse if it isn't "their fault". Blame it on the addiction!

People parade around all the time talking about how we humans have "free choice", how we are free to chose what we do or don't do. Then they turn around and say that addiction is out of your control. You can't control yourself. How is that free-will?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3159410 - 09/21/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Addiction is in the mind

aye..but the mind is a powerful and tricky places..full of goblins and half elves who love their nicotreats

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#3159473 - 09/21/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

it's way easier to quit if you don't have bags of dank in your closet. you're just torturing yourself...
real withdrawl is when you want more and don't have any in the house and you know you CAN'T have any because the government sniffs your pee every week.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3159494 - 09/21/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There's a large neurological aspect of addiction which explains why they have trouble quitting. It becomes like a complusion where they just can't get it out of their heads until they can temporarly satisfy it. And then it starts again once they come down.

But I think it's better to ask "Why do we blame anything?" rather than "Who/what should we blame?". Blame just gives us an answer to the problem of severe drug abuse, it doesn't really solve it.

But I find my addiction (in the past)is if I use in a way that leads to a psychological dependance, in that if I'm using something to medicate my mood and escape problems. Now however, since I only use as recreation, spiritual, or as a way to understand any problem I might be facing, I don't fall into dependance. In that sense, avoiding addiction is just about being smart about drugs.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3163711 - 09/22/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So?

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: THC Addictiveness, The Expirement V1 [Re: Anno]
    #3163714 - 09/22/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

he probably didn't make it long enough :laugh:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3163889 - 09/22/04 08:02 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Wherever you got this pic:

I like it.  Two of the greatest things (beautiful muff and marijuana), and two of the most evil things (beautiful muff and money), in the world.  :thumbup: :grin: :thumbup:

Anyway, got an update for us on the experiment?

- Silven :mushroom2:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #3168793 - 09/23/04 03:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

is that your pussy?

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3170558 - 09/23/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My hypothesis is that he smoked up so much that he forgot about the thread. We want results!!!

Or I could settle for more vagina pictures.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: THC Addictiveness, The Expirement V1 [Re: Twirling]
    #3171315 - 09/23/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
My hypothesis is that he smoked up so much that he forgot about the thread. We want results!!!

Or I could settle for more vagina pictures.

:lol:

I?ve definitely found a hint of an addictive quality to marijuana... be it physical or mental who the hell really knows, but after I?ve been smoking daily for many moons and am put into a situation where I won?t be able to partake in my leisuretime activity for four days or more, I will notice a different sort of disposition in both my attitude as well as my physical wellbeing. 

For example, having smoked daily for approximately eight months, to then embark on a two week trip to Costa Rica where I had no ready access to herb, the first two to four days definitely had me in a depressed mindstate.  Whether or not this was necessarily the herb is up for grabs, but I know that the herb was most certainly on my mind and that I felt very different (one might even quantify it as uncomfortable), during those first few days off of my substance.

This "withdrawl" however, was short lived and exceptionally mild, but I was certainly aware of some sort of change - which I feel comfortable labeling as a very mild addiction.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder