Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblebub_x
Stranger
efficient eating
    #3161992 - 09/21/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Im wondering if anyone can help me out. Im young, about 135 pounds and about 5'8. I want to create a diet where I only eat once a day yet still get the proper nutrients. I don't mind eating meat or taking vitamin pills. Im not doing this to lose weight but to eat cheaper and more efficiently. Maybe some kind of soup, preferably non-meat but it doesn't really matter. Any help would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: efficient eating [Re: bub_x]
    #3162063 - 09/21/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You can't

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#3162113 - 09/21/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

not a very healthy idea...unless you lead a fairly docile and idle lifestyle.

i know people who live off ramen noodles, spam and rice though. a vitamin would be a smart idea for you.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Invisiblebub_x
Stranger
    #3162289 - 09/21/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know its possible, people fast off only soup for months at a time I know I can surivive off a minimal intake of food, Im just not a nutritionalist.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#3163199 - 09/22/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

if you're going for efficient, low cost eating, i recommend a HUGE bag of rice, cause they're cheap. there's a nice amount of carbs in there for you. then, you want to put a little fat in there, so maybe buy one of those huge things of chuck beef..i forgot what exactly they're called. basically, it's just a huge thing of cheap meat. slice that up and fry up a piece or two to go with your rice.

if it's about money matters, i can teach you how to eat ghetto man...

eating once a day is definitely not gonna get your goal of getting the proper nutrients.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: efficient eating [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3163239 - 09/22/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
You can't

Exactly. Why do you want to live off of one meal a day anyways? I eat 6 small meals a day and I've never felt better.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinethelox
Re: efficient eating [Re: z@z.com]
    #3163713 - 09/22/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

check out www.bodybuilding.com check out the nutrition messege boards. I now eat like 4x the amount of food a day I used to(every 2-3 hours) and have never been in better shape. It sounds like u need a better understanding of nutrition as I did. Here's some good foods for you

protein: chicken breasts,eggs,egg whites,ground turkey/chicken/beef/protein whey powder

carbs: whole wheat pasta, oats(not packaged oat meal),whole wheat rice,bread, veggies

fats: natural peanut butter,walnuts, flax seed oil

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3163753 - 09/22/04 06:38 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

sure its possible, but not healthy. just eat healthier, smaller meals more frequently rather than a few big meals. And buy in bulk or something so you can save money. Or.. I dunno, not sure about what costs the least. But anyway, eating once a day isn't a good idea. There are other ways to save money and eat more healthy.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: efficient eating [Re: Locus]
    #3165293 - 09/22/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I would do a soup or big plate with grains, meat, fish or tofu and lots of veggies. Make sure and add plenty of organic olive or sesame or other type of veg. oil for fat. People all over the world live on one meal a day. It's actually a really healthy and cheap way to eat.

Make sure and change the veggies, grains and protein around every few days or so so you have variety. Make sure you are eating lots of different COLORS of veggies. You will need a fresh raw salad a few times a week too, so if you do the plate instead of the soup, add some fresh veggies and greens to it.  Also if you can, eat a couple pieces fruit for breakfast and you will have the perfect diet. :smile:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3165335 - 09/22/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What you are talking about is called the "warrior dite". Eat as much as you like for dinner. Drink water and juices and teas threwout the day.

I often live by it. And a friend I know does it He probably lost 50+ pounds in the past couple years.

We eat to much. Parents always tell us to finish our plates. Totaly dissing the fact that our body is telling you its full.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: efficient eating [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3165852 - 09/22/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard about the "Warrior Diet" and it sounds interesting, but very weird at the same time. Does the thought of eating a huge meal one time during the day help people get through the day with lack of energy? I couldn't imagine doing this diet if you are active. Plus, eating all your food in one meal will definitely fill you up before you reach your caloric equilibrium, so it's main magic is losing weight by reducing calories.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: efficient eating [Re: looner2]
    #3165872 - 09/22/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Once your body switches over to the energy making/fatburning mode your body fuels its self. You might feel geeked out a week or so. I think people that switch over to being vegetarians feel the same sort of effects.

Invisiblebub_x
Stranger
    #3166930 - 09/22/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ok so heres what I got so far

I need about:
65g of protein, can get it from: rice, beans
360g of carbs, can get it from: whole wheat rice(brown), potatos
60g of fats, can get it from: above foods and cod liver oil

extras: cod liver oil, multi-vitamins, fruit in the morning

I guess I will just make a soup every night and eat a fruit for breakfast, or would it be better to do it the other way around?
Should I add more vegetables? What exactly do they provide that our body needs every day? Am I missing any major groups?

Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno [Re: bub_x]
    #3167596 - 09/22/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Invisiblebub_x
Stranger
Re: efficient eating [Re: ]
    #3167622 - 09/22/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

because we all over eat so much. Its unnecessary and it will free up hours of my day. The average american spends about 4,000$ on food and restaurants a year, while it is possible to live off 300$ comfortably. Also the idea of making my own meal from base materials like beans and rice is more pleasant then going to eat fast food or a restaurant. Eating elaborately has really become part of our culture and is not really just so we can survive.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#3167693 - 09/22/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Also the idea of making my own meal from base materials like beans and rice is more pleasant then going to eat fast food or a restaurant.

you'll think twice about that after you've gone through a 40 pound bag rice.

--------------------

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
Re: efficient eating [Re: z@z.com]
    #3169646 - 09/23/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

z@z.com is right, the healthiest thing for a human is six small meals a day. I once read it compared as a lion versus a a deer. Deer are sleek because they graze all day, so their bodies don't store fat since they know that they will get food again soon. A (healthy) lion is rather plump because they kill and gorge, and then don't eat again until the next kill. Find healthy foods from all the above suggestions that you can munch on in several small snacks throughout the day, and then you won't have to take time to sit down for a meal.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: efficient eating [Re: felix]
    #3170459 - 09/23/04 02:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

felix said:
Quote:

Also the idea of making my own meal from base materials like beans and rice is more pleasant then going to eat fast food or a restaurant.

you'll think twice about that after you've gone through a 40 pound bag rice.

lmfao, so true. diversity in your diet will keep you sane.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom