Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Transcript of Bush's UN Speech
    #3162262 - 09/21/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

An outstanding effort. Tough, but probably not tough enough. I didn't see the C-Span coverage, but apparently it got a pretty chilly reception from the group of dictator's cronies and bagmen who sat through it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/09/20040921-3.html

C-SPAN has the video, http://www.c-span.org/videoarchives.asp?CatCodePairs=, but I'm not gonna bother downloading it through my steam-powered modem.

pinky

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Transcript of Bush's UN Speech [Re: Phred]
    #3162293 - 09/21/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Video link seems broken.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

#3162391 - 09/21/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yeah.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3162403 - 09/21/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well written, but basically the same old lines.
Can't blame the rest of the world for the cool reception.

Looks like Kerry finally faced the press today. Did a relatively good job of handling questions, but I doubt anyone was paying attention.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Transcript of Bush's UN Speech [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #3162464 - 09/21/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's weird. It's an exact cut and paste of the window that's open on my desktop. Oh well. If you go to http://www.c-span.org/ and check their video/audio section right in the middle of the page, it's the first one listed under 'Recent Programs".

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Transcript of Bush's UN Speech [Re: Gijith]
    #3162491 - 09/21/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Wizbang's Paul http://wizbangblog.com/archives/003748.php wasn't too impressed with Kerry's press conference. Some commentators were amused at the set-up, which was designed so that the television audience could barely hear the question and never see the reporter.? Another display of confidence on Kerry's part. Day 51 since Kerry sat down on camera for an interview with a journalist, with cameras rolling, that allowed for a follow-up question.? And why no magic hat questions today? Why did not a single reporter ask him when he'd sign his 180 form releasing his military records?

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3162540 - 09/21/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

that's pretty typical though, right? for the press not to be shown? I've never seen them shown in white house briefings (which I watch religiously) or the very few briefings Bush has given as president.

is Dr Phil not a journalist?

and why did the press go easy on him? probably cause they're biased. or at least that's the easiest answer I can come up with. who the hell knows.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #3162568 - 09/21/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Is Chef Boyardee not a chef?

Is Doctor Dre not a doctor?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3162583 - 09/21/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'll admit it's been a while since I saw a presidential press conference on TV. But all the ones I watched you could see the reporter asking the questions (good lord is Helen Thomas an ugly old bat, too) and you could certainly hear them. Also, they got to ask followups.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3162595 - 09/21/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
good lord is Helen Thomas an ugly old bat

There are times when a burka is the best garment for a woman...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3163096 - 09/21/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't see the C-Span coverage, but apparently it got a pretty chilly reception from the group of dictator's cronies and bagmen who sat through it.

I presume you mean the rest of the planet who doesn't worship at the feet of this warmongering cretin?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3163270 - 09/22/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
An outstanding effort. Tough, but probably not tough enough. I didn't see the C-Span coverage, but apparently it got a pretty chilly reception from the group of dictator's cronies and bagmen who sat through it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/09/20040921-3.html

C-SPAN has the video, http://www.c-span.org/videoarchives.asp?CatCodePairs=, but I'm not gonna bother downloading it through my steam-powered modem.

pinky

The United Regimes is not the best place to talk about freedom and democracy. Most of the member nations don't even have the liberties, human rights, and democratic values Bush was appealing to in his speech , and many others that have them still prefer tryany for the rest of the world, so it was mostly wasted.

The General Assembly gave a pistol brandishing Yasser Arafat a standing ovation when he threatened Israel with violence, so it's no surprise Bush gets a chilly response.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3163282 - 09/22/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

November and December are going to have more U.S. troops death than any previous month of fighting, if they invade the rebel held cities - Fallujah ain't gonna fall. The mujahideen will remain strong.

Also, you do realize that Bush is toying with the War for his own campaign. Why else is it that Fallujah has been held for so long by insurgents?

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (09/22/04 04:13 AM)

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Transcript of Bush's UN Speech [Re: Zahid]
    #3163331 - 09/22/04 01:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for letting us know. Now if you'll excuse me Im going to report your post to homeland security.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Transcript of Bush's UN Speech [Re: Stein]
    #3163370 - 09/22/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, I was referring to the fact that the coalition is going to try to retake Fallujah after elections and its going to get bloody then. Obviously suicide for the U.S. soldiers.

Edited by Zahid (09/22/04 04:18 AM)

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3163376 - 09/22/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Whatever, you're suspicious so Im reporting you.  Have fun. :smile:

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Transcript of Bush's UN Speech [Re: Stein]
    #3163379 - 09/22/04 01:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jihadi-cheer-leading Muslims are nothing new to the U.S.

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #3163621 - 09/22/04 03:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i wouln't really call the effort "outstanding" it seemed more mediocre and pointless to me. Nothing new was discussed in the speech. It was just the same old stuff Bush always says in front of the UN. It almost seems like it's just a token effort to reach out to the UN so he can silence domestic critics who say he isn't doing enough to involve the rest of the world etc etc.

As for the kerry speech, i only saw him say one thing cuz thats all that was shown so i'm not sure about your claims that it was setup to dodge questions, but i did notice from the clip i saw that the whole thing looked a little shabby. From the video qaulity to the angles, and even the sound..it was all kind of amatuerish looking. But at any rate right wingers bitching about the questions not being audible should really be fair about making statements like that in order to try and make Kerry look weak considering that inaudible reporters at Q&A press conferance, as annoying as it may be, just happens from time to time for whatever reason. I mean i can't even begin to count the times i've seen donald rumsfeld do a press conferance where i couldnt hear reporters. He's the secretary of dtate in a war time situation so you'd think that somebody would be on top of making sure the booms were working...

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3163970 - 09/22/04 08:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
Fallujah ain't gonna fall.

You're right. Unfortunately for the residents and merchants of that city, it will be flattened by 'precision guided bombs' with a blast radius of 4,000 meters.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order