Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
san pedro prepin
    #3160138 - 09/21/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

me and my g/f are planning on eating the rest of our san pedro this weekend. i read starving it of sun and water will produce a higher mesceline ratio. will this apply to darkness for about a week. it is tuesday now, and we plan on eating it saturday night. i was going to use mjshroomers tek to extract the juices. i planned on starting at 8 am and cooking for 10-12 hours. i have a few questions on the cooking.
1. is it okay to add more water throughout the cooking. i noticed that the water would evaporate and look like there was none there.i was worried about the cactus goo cooking all the liquids out so i added water throughout the cooking. i do not know if this will effect the potency or not.
2. using mjshroomers tek could i cook this 10-12 hours in order to extract more mesc? or would it just cook it longer?
3. at what temp does the mesc break down? i wanted to get a cooking thermometer so i could make sure the temps stay just right. if not the breakdown point, what temp should i have it cooking around?
4. we ate 11 incheas each last time. this time were were planning on doing 18 inches plus or minus 4 from the baby sproutling. would the sproutling be worth throwing into the mix? it is about 8 inches and i think under a year.
5. does vitamin c help in the trip like acid or shrooms seems to help?

i did a few searches but have not found definite answers to my questions. perhaps some more experienced san pedro users can shed some light for me..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro prepin [Re: kontron]
    #3162187 - 09/21/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

no one have any advice???

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3162240 - 09/21/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm, I would read mjshroomer's tek/recipe.. like you said. I don't think it'll take quite 10-12 hours, if you use a blender. Try tasting the pulp after the liquid has been squozen (a word) out. Apparently, if its bitter theres still more to extract.

He said himself you can add more water as it's boiling down.

If the sprout is under a year old (.. which it probably isn't.. 8 inches is pretty tall for under a year) it's probably not worth it. Let it keep growin.

Don't know about vitamin c, but apparently making the water acidic via lemon juice helps in extraction. It makes sense if you're doing a full out a/b extraction.. but the last few times I've seen it brought up in a syrup method theres been a reply saying it really doesn't help too much. People also don't like it being more bitter, and mj doesn't do it himself.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro prepin [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3162605 - 09/21/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the help. i was curious if cooking it longer would bring out more mescilane. the last time it was a very mellow trip. i got tired at 3 am and fell asleep. how do you tell the drink is bitter when it all taste like ass.. i mixed it with mint tea and drank it with a straw. went down real easy. it did not taste nearly as bad as i thought it would have. we are doing a larger dose, so hopefully get mor effects. this is only the second time doing mesc.
(i think i posted in the wrong forum too).

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3162889 - 09/21/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Unless it was moved here, I think this is the place. I meant taste the pulp before throwing it out. I've never done it myself, but read that if all has been extracted, it has little taste and is like a "boiled apple". whatever, just thought i'd suggest it.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro prepin [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3164624 - 09/22/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i see.. i will try tasting the pulp. no one knows at what temp mescel;ine breaks down?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder