Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery Polls

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadnessplus
journeyman
Almost died?
    #3162189 - 09/21/04 10:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I want to know if there was a time(s) when you seriously thought you were going to die.  I mean were you at the point of praying, thinking of last goodbyes, life flashing before your eyes kinda deal. :eek:
Have you ever thought you were going to die?
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (09/21/04 02:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Almost died? [Re: Madnessplus]
    #3163429 - 09/22/04 03:48 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

many times actually :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3163499 - 09/22/04 04:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I once "died" on a mushroom trip. It was the most intense experience of my life. I watched thousands of years pass by as part of the scenery. I was a tree. I was the earth. I was the mountain I was on. It was amazing.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinesopp1
stukeluker

Loc: Norge
    #3163866 - 09/22/04 09:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I have, almost did die one of the time also.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet
    #3163882 - 09/22/04 09:58 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

never

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
    #3165599 - 09/22/04 06:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

When I was stung in the side of my left foot by a stingray. Never been in worse pain in my entire life. It was fucking horrible.

OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
    #3167059 - 09/22/04 11:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

when I got in a BAD car crash with a drunk driver, and the first time I hit a level 5, I thought that I was gonna die.....

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3168936 - 09/23/04 07:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

no, thank god

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3169132 - 09/23/04 09:56 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Almost lost it once while technical rock climbing... I was on lead with around a twenty foot runout... did a dyno to a small ledge about three feet over head... the ledge had a fracture behind it and gave way in my arms... burst of small rocks and both me and the ledge were going down together... dropped about fifty feet total when I finally caught protection again... lucky that I was about ten feet to the right of my belay, or he would have been killed by the falling rocks and I would have bounced upon hitting the ground after a couple hundred foot drop. Hard to finish a climb when you are shaking like a leaf in a thunderstorm.

Almost lost it in a cave once as well... it was only open for a month or two during the winter because of endangered bats... also had to canoe into the cave about half a mile... while we were in the cave, the sun had come out and melted some of the snow... which raised the water level in the cave... we we were coming out, the water had risen too far for the canoe to fit under a ledge halfway out. I jumped into the water to get leverage against the cave ceiling to pull the canoe through... of course, I forgot that the only reason the water wasn't ice was because of the flow... got a nice bout of hypothermia. By the time we got back to the cars, I couldn't even talk and could barely walk... looked and felt like the village drunk...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Almost died? [Re: Seuss]
    #3183491 - 09/26/04 08:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wow :shocked:

i had myself a heart attack, ICU and brink-of-death the whole night, pulse falling under an irregular 40 bpm the whole time.
The cart ended up parked in my room.

Your final prayer man.. Thinking about it, saying it..
Finishing the last prayer of your life.

Being forced to psychologically wrap your life up, make up the balance and finally ready yourself for imminent death.
Delirium. Near death experience. (non-flatline, i wasn't released from my fears by the Light)

Right now.. Any second the sledgehammer to my chest can keep this post from reacing the Shroomery, or tomorrow I might be born under three moons and a twin star.
I'm holding my nitroglycerin spray now, but I know that the sledgehammer that matters will not allow me to use it, and a slightly lesser one will plunge me in a wheelchair or chronic ward bed.

I'm 31 years old and I plan to become a wrinkled old websurfin' geezer :thumbup:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #3183776 - 09/26/04 10:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I drank an ass load of beer and then banged some smack ( one of the few times ) and then my friend came over and offered me a ruphie. I, like the idiot I was at that time in my life, took the ruphie and passed out only to ( Luckily ) awaken on my back puking. I didn't think I was going to wake up the next day when I passed out again!

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3198813 - 09/30/04 04:26 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well I thought I might have after a ROBO trip a few times..but I am not that experienced..DMT in a way.

OfflineMadnessplus
journeyman
Re: Almost died? [Re: Skunk420]
    #3207478 - 10/02/04 07:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everybody. Thanks for your responses! Alot of interesting stories here.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3207549 - 10/02/04 07:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

last year i decided to go surfing during hurricane isabel on the east coast, as soon as i paddled out i realized what a mistake it was and was going to head back to shore. somehow i got stuck in a riptide and ended up way the fuck out in the ocean in 25 ft waves... i was scared shitless.

there was no way i could paddle back in without drowning, these waves were so massive and frequent i'd get sucked under for longer than i could hold my breath. finally my surfing buddy back on shore alerted the police, and pretty soon there was a coast guard helicopter on the way and the beach was covered with EMTs, police officers and such people...

eventually this veteran lifeguard swam out to me and had me wrap my arms around the surfboard for a flotation device and he held my head as close to the water surface as possible (by grabbing my ankles and pushing my legs up) as the waves pounded us... we eventually made it back into shore and the helicopter wasnt needed.

it was insane, i was out there all alone at the mercy of one of nature's most powerful forces... i was just crying and praying to myself, i thought i was going to drown. these waves were just pounding me.

someone died from drowning the next day at the same beach. i've only surfed a few times since then, i just have so much respect for the ocean now...

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Re: Almost died? [Re: Asante]
    #3230654 - 10/07/04 11:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
wow :shocked:

i had myself a heart attack, ICU and brink-of-death the whole night, pulse falling under an irregular 40 bpm the whole time.
The cart ended up parked in my room.

Your final prayer man.. Thinking about it, saying it..
Finishing the last prayer of your life.

Being forced to psychologically wrap your life up, make up the balance and finally ready yourself for imminent death.
Delirium. Near death experience. (non-flatline, i wasn't released from my fears by the Light)

Right now.. Any second the sledgehammer to my chest can keep this post from reacing the Shroomery, or tomorrow I might be born under three moons and a twin star.
I'm holding my nitroglycerin spray now, but I know that the sledgehammer that matters will not allow me to use it, and a slightly lesser one will plunge me in a wheelchair or chronic ward bed.

I'm 31 years old and I plan to become a wrinkled old websurfin' geezer :thumbup:

drug induced? :confused:

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3231375 - 10/08/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Car crash

Offlinemar1juana
Stranger
    #3231596 - 10/08/04 02:39 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have been high enough to think i was going to die
but i wouldnt say i have ever been on the brink of death

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3280855 - 10/26/04 08:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

-slipped under the 'safety bar' on a circus ride when i was about 8 years old. holding the bar w/ my hands, my feet were out of the spinning car 20 feet in the air...i somehow managed to pull myself back in to my seat.

-got drunk and decided to climb down a cliff while drunk and in sandals. got stuck...didn't have any way to alert anybody and it was sunset. (it was windy so nobody could hear us yelling) i finally made it up w/ the help of my stuck buddy. it took a couple hours.

kind of exhillerating in the most terrifyingly horrible way possible to almost die...not a pleasant exhilleration until you return to safety...nothing can match that feeling. when i made it up off the cliff i laid down on the ground hugging it and almost did actually kiss it.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Almost died? [Re: TODAY]
    #3287976 - 10/28/04 04:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Wow Wiccan Seeker, I had no idea about your condition. You've got my best wishes man.

And you may be a future wrinkled old websurfin' geezer, but you're damn well one of the best here. Certainly one of the most informative and responsible posters when it comes to psychoactive substances.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisiblemrhowdy
I've been Insane
 User Gallery
Loc: I've Been Insane
    #3366678 - 11/15/04 11:52 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

yea there was this one time I called my parents from the P.D. telling them to come pick me up for an M.I.P.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery Polls