Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlowKing
enthusiast
Loc: 345Rotting Street, Hell
Getting Ready!
    #315981 - 05/12/01 10:17 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Allright.. Im pretty sure i have everything i need to grow my shroomies... so far ive got the spores, the syringes, terrarium, perilite, vermiculite, and potting soil for the casings.. i have 250 ml wide mouth jars.. lysol, rubber gloves, and a heating blanket. Does that about cover it? even if there are any tips for a newbie like me I wouldn't mind hearing them.. :)

--------------------
Avid Acrid Jam Shred

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Getting Ready! [Re: PlowKing]
    #315988 - 05/12/01 10:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

is this your first time growing? don't do the casing. do pf-style cakes first get used to it then move on to casings, I bet you 100 bucks your on here next month posting that all your shit got contaminated. And for God's sake don't use the 50/50+ for your first time out. soil is vary contaminate prone. And what the hell is the heating blanket for? room temps is all you need for germination/colinaization and it sounds like u got a print, you should have gotten a syringe already made for you the first time out. GOOD LUCK!

"Out of chaos...comes order...." AND THE FSR..

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #315992 - 05/12/01 10:28 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

talk to your shrooms and name each jar. theyll soon begin to devolp there own charecter and when you shroom youll feel like you have a guide. i know its not grow tip so heres something for the cultivation section ;)...

BE STERILE. distilled water in the syringe... you probably already know that though. i cant really think of any good advice right now... are you gonna boil your jars? exactly what tek are you using anyways? whats your substrate gonna be? talk to me man

--------
"give me shoes so i can tapsy" --Ween~

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Getting Ready! [Re: Taz]
    #316016 - 05/12/01 11:46 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

good god I could not agree more but remember a man learns from his own mistakes a wise man learns from others mistakes don't do it man start out simple you newbies jump on here read a few post and think that you got it and yes before you even start we can see your following posts.
good luck

remember, behind every great fortune there is an even greater crime

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Getting Ready! [Re: Todcasil]
    #316018 - 05/12/01 11:48 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Taz is right and Todcasil advice was pretty funny ... and a good idea! :laugh:

"like a Japanese Cowboy or a blind man on skates"Ween
"you must make sure that the lady's pure for the Funky Cold Medina"Tone Loc

OfflinePlowKing
enthusiast
Loc: 345Rotting Street, Hell
Re: Getting Ready! [Re: BrownPastures]
    #316022 - 05/13/01 12:09 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

im going casings for my first time.. ive seen shrooms grow before and am very firmiliar what they need at what stages.. im using verm / brown rice flour for the substrate. Im just going to boil the jars cause im not using rye or anything like that so i won't need a pressure cooker

--------------------
Avid Acrid Jam Shred

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #316082 - 05/13/01 03:40 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

when i first started, my very first attempt i cased using the 50/50+,& BRF+VERM.
it is very easy yet intimidating.
just think sterile as in hospital.
take your time & just use your head!

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflinePsilocybin
Re: Getting Ready! [Re: 40oz]
    #316100 - 05/13/01 05:10 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I cased with potting soil my first time, it said it was sterile in the bag, but I nuked it for 10 mins just to be sure. then I scooped it out over substrate using a spoon. One casing lasted 3 good flushes, the other just stopped after 5 flushes, I got great yields and I think anyone that goes cakes is just limiting their yields. All it takes is a little common sense and you'll be fine.
also, be careful using your heater, dry heat is bad, but you can put it under your container of perlite, but make sure you have a thermostat of something to shut it off, heating pads may overheat your jars and where not designed to run for more than a day(ie: they melt and burn your house down). I have seen fish tank heaters work with great results. Be careful when you make your syringes, be absolutly clean, use the oven tek if a glovebox or flowhood is unavailabe. Boil your jars for an hour and keep the lid on the whole time, it would be a good idea to use a verm barrier in your jars too.

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #316253 - 05/13/01 12:23 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

good luck & keep us posted, we'll try to help U as much as we can.

"Out of chaos...comes order...." AND THE FSR..

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures