Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Who do you think will win the election?
    #3158953 - 09/21/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

this poll is not about who you want to be president, or who you are voting for. honestly guess who you think is going to win. here are a few points to consider:
1) many polls show a statistical dead heat
2) conspiracy nuts think Kerry is a shoe in
3) more young people have been registered this year than ever. (young people traditionally vote Dem and arent factored into the polls)
4) Bush has successfully smeared Kerry and made him look bad
5) Iraq is getting bad again, no bin laden yet :shrug:
6) a decent amount of people are starting to think bush planned 9/11 because of all sorts of flash cartoons, websites,songs and movies.
Who do you THINK will win the election?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/21/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3158986 - 09/21/04 04:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I predict George Bush is going to win, and Kerry will commit suicide.

--------------------

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: Zahid]
    #3159007 - 09/21/04 05:18 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i know i sure wont win; in any way.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#3159089 - 09/21/04 07:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

whoever wins, the people of america and the world will lose.

OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

#3159485 - 09/21/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I had alot of hope.. and i even kinda liked Kerry at the begining.. as much as i could like a Democrat. I still think he's got a shot. But Bush is looking better and better in the public's eye.

You mentioned the youth which normally goes Dem. But you're also seeing new emrgences in the youth. Republican rallies on college campuses. A conservative punk movement. (which really scares me..)

Kerry has also made himself seem more and more and more like Bush in order to cater to middle america. Bush himself has become more left on certain issues and strayed from party lines.. especially with his actions concerning illegal immigrants (which will buy a signifigant amount of the hispanic vote, but also lose a few (but negligbile amount of bigots).

Kerry was great as the "liberal" alternative and he, IMO, should have played that .. in a smart way. Now, not so much.

I have an irking feeling Bush will win. And i'm not a conspiracy nut about it (ala Annapurna).

I do think there will be a media scandal (and possibly a real one) concerning voting screw ups, and especially with voting machines..and i don't think Dems will puss out with this fight this time.

But anyways, as much as i don't like him.. I'm voting Kerry. The lesser evil may still be evil.. but at least it slows it down to some degree and i won't have to worry about gay rights, abortion, or anything of the sort being violated by someone's religious agenda. At least.. it'll get god out of the white house.

And also.. at least with Bush gone, Rummy is gone, Asscrap is gone, Dick is gone, Rice will be gone..Now i just wish who's going to be in Kerry's admin if he won..

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: DigitalDuality]
    #3159539 - 09/21/04 11:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DigitalDuality said:
Bush himself has become more left on certain issues and strayed from party lines.. especially with his actions concerning illegal immigrants (which will buy a signifigant amount of the hispanic vote, but also lose a few (but negligbile amount of bigots).

Interesting... Are you under the impression that unfettered immigration is only opposed by bigots? Are you of the opinion that if a person thinks people should not be rewarded for breaking the law that he is a bigot? Is it your contention that those who are worried about the increasing fiscal burden of hospital emergency rooms being used to treat everyday medical conditions of uninsured illegal aliens and those burdens being passed on in the form of higher insurance premiums are somehow bigots? Is it your insinuation that those who are concerned about the whole host of other services consumed by illegal immigrants that are placing a financial burden on municipalities are bigots because of their concern? Are those who are wary of terrorists coming across the borders among the flood of illegal immigrants bigots because of their recognition of the possibility? If so, those are very ignorant assumptions, not born out by a careful examination of the issue and the various reasons people hold the opinions that they do.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #3159554 - 09/21/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Bush will win.  No doubt about it. :frown:  The 2000 election was stolen for him and in the last four years he's done so much to worsen the USA and the world that how can anyone think that he'll or whoever controls him will give that up?  He's "accomplished" so many things, he's not done yet.  Kerry and Bush are on the same team, Bush is already in power, he's going to stay there.  Kerry will lose and start working behind the scenes.  Only an incident of major proportions, I'm talking earth shaking events here, will get the world out of the thousands of years funk that its in.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: Clean]
    #3159584 - 09/21/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Clean said:
whoever wins, the people of america and the world will lose.

OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: Evolving]
    #3159783 - 09/21/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm glad to see you wasted your time with a rant merely b/c you didn't read what i said.

Of course many people oppose illegal immigration. But i don't think the issue (and Bush's current actions over it) are really going to lose him any votes, except for hardcore bigots. Extremists (which could include bigots, but not limited to in this case) over any issue will react in such a fashion. Being against illegal immigration and being a bigot are completely seperate in themselves, but you got to admit.. that a portion of the group which opposes it.. are bigots. To deny that is having your head stuck in the sand. Not agreeing with it doesn't make you a bigot though.

There's a good portion of people who don't agree with bush's actions over the issue, but this is not enough for him to lose their vote, especially with the religious in this country.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3159829 - 09/21/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I can say with absolute certainty that the canditate with the most electoral votes will win.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: retread]
    #3159839 - 09/21/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

adjust your sig or i'll have an admin do it.....it is waaaaaaaaay beyond the allowed size

InvisibleJohan Shultz
no title

Loc: UTOPIA
    #3159862 - 09/21/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think, but know that bush is going to win. Sorry:(

--------------------

OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: retread]
    #3160019 - 09/21/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

2004 Electoral Vote Tracker
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/election-test-fl,0,1851284.flash
it's continually updated when necessary

Edited by DigitalDuality (09/21/04 01:39 PM)

Anonymous

#3160086 - 09/21/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thanks. cool page.

is it me, or does nader always get special attention?

ask almost any person to name a third party candidate. they'll say "ralph nader". if you watch the news, ralph nader is the third party guy.

Anonymous

#3160110 - 09/21/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

filled in with current poll data:

i predict a bush victory in november.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3160112 - 09/21/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I have an irking feeling Bush will win. And i'm not a conspiracy nut about it (ala Annapurna).

I do think there will be a media scandal (and possibly a real one) concerning voting screw ups, and especially with voting machines..and i don't think Dems will puss out with this fight this time.

so im a conspiracy nut because i used the same conspiracy theory (the diebold effect) that your using above :wtf: ...

but if you are a conspiracy nut..then the diebold conspiracy only becomes significant when kerry actually has a real shot at winning..which he doesnt have at the moment...if your not a conspiracy nut..then the impending bush win is strictly the result of ideological preference towards bush.. or in laymans' terms..most americans are just plain bigots :thumbdown:...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: ]
    #3160122 - 09/21/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

^

Isn't Badnarik on more ballots than Nader? Haven't Libertarians recieved more ballot spots in Presidential races for the last 10-20 years. Why the hell aren't they given media attention? Or even Greens for that matter (when nader isn't on their ticket of course).

Anonymous

Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3160123 - 09/21/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

...the impending bush win is strictly the result of ideological preference towards bush.. or in laymans' terms..most americans are bigots

:lol:

become a writer. please.

:rotfl:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: ]
    #3160142 - 09/21/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
...the impending bush win is strictly the result of ideological preference towards bush.. or in laymans' terms..most americans are bigots

:lol:

become a writer. please.

:rotfl:

i dont know why you find it so amusing..but you would have to be a bigot to vote for bush...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Who do you think will win the election? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3160151 - 09/21/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

no. The theory that the machines are bad is not theory.. it's common knowledge. You seem to think that The right wing is going to hi-jack america, scam it's way to the top without opposition, and are going to set the stage so that the Dems or any other group won't rise up again.. from what i've read of your posts here and on bluelight.

You, nor anyone else, knows to how this election is going to play out. You don't know what problems we are going to have with the machines and voter counts, though we can take an educated guess.. in the end, it's still a guess. There's too many factors. Mass american opinion. Voter turn out. Voting Machines. Third Party canidates. The Electorate College. "IF" there is a voting scandal, will the left stand up and really fight it this time? You seem to claim with certainty. I claim the voting machines are bad, especially b/c of no paper trail, especially b/c the programming code and databases they create are secured as private property from the makers of voting machines (diebold isn't the only company making computerized voting machines)

And while i can take a shot at what i think this not-to-far-away future might turn out to be.. all in all, it's a shot in the dark and i'll admit it.

Only time will tell.. not some magical prediction based off hopeless fear and impending doom. what i find displeasing about your take on the situation is that it's spreading pessimism in the form of hopelessness for a Kerry win. Take some uneducated voter.. who reads your posts, and goes.. well hey, Bush is going to win anyways, the voting machines are fixed anyways.. so why bother voting for Kerry b/c it won't count.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order