Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestonrprincess
Stranger
shrooms didn't work for me??
    #3158434 - 09/21/04 01:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hey, i did shrooms today for the first time, with my friend. we split an eighth. i was very very very very disappointed and i'm really confused because i've never heard of anyone not being able to feel the effects of shrooms their first time. we ate them around noon and about 40 minutes later i felt lightheaded for a few seconds, then that passed and i felt normal again. i decided to give it more time. an hour and a half rolled by and i honestly felt nothing but a little disoriented and a mild body buzz. my friend, on the other hand, seemed to be tripping. nothing felt even that enhanced to me. i tried smoking some bud but it didn't do much but make me a little giggly, but then again weed always does that.

i'm so disappointed. =( after like 2 and a half hours i was fine to drive! it seriosuly felt like i had just smoked some low-quality bud and got a little buzz, that's all.

can anyone explain this? i'm not on any medication right now except for penicillin that was prescribed to me, but i had only been on it for like two days so far. would penicillin affect the effects of shrooms? or am i just like, not a person that reacts to them? any feedback would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: shrooms didn't work for me?? [Re: stonrprincess]
    #3158479 - 09/21/04 01:26 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, half an 8th isn't much and if it was poorly preserved, it could have been equivilent to a much smaller dose. You may just have a high natural tolerance. It sounds like you hit the 'I can feel it just enough to annoy the hell out of me' threshold.

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
    #3158583 - 09/21/04 01:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I know quite a bit of people who have downed an eigth of good shrooms (verified by myself), and had nothing but a body high and it felt like they were stoned.

I would say next time eat an eigth, and smoke some bud about 30 mins after you eat em.

OfflinePisces
Dr.Gonzo

Re: shrooms didn't work for me?? [Re: vc77]
    #3159002 - 09/21/04 07:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, half an eighth wouldnt do shite, especially if these were cubensies which Im sure they were. Next time make sure to at least have an entire eighth to yourself.

Anonymous

Re: shrooms didn't work for me?? [Re: Pisces]
    #3159448 - 09/21/04 01:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

if you eat my shrooms you will be shroomin balls off a half eighth. pfft, they had to have been dried improperly, or you got shorted(did you actualy weigh out the 1.75g's ?

anyways, the next shrooms you get could be potent as fuck, and a eighth might be overkill and scare you away from them. heh, its happened to people.

this one guy was on a half eighth, and i was like yeah man im on a eighth and it boggled his mind as to how i could take twice as much as him becuase he was already way fucked out of his mind off just half that.

just be careful if you decide on taking an eighth, it will get intense.(unless you buy more bunk ass shrooms) but then still you are misinforming yourself as to how much you need....the next time after that you could get some killer ones and decide to take 5g(going by the previous shroom experiences potency) and then you will find yourself in a world of shit(unless your ready to let go of ego)

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
    #3160318 - 09/21/04 04:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just take 50grams fresh....You will have an amazing time!! Don't fuck about with small doses. Fresh is better than dried, for sure!

Anonymous

Re: shrooms didn't work for me?? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3160547 - 09/21/04 05:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wow, your so fucking cool dude, man, you eat fifty-fucking-fresh? :ooo:

:rolleyes:  telling a newb to eat 50 fresh is pretty irresponsible.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: shrooms didn't work for me?? [Re: ]
    #3160644 - 09/21/04 05:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

A gram will shroom you out if the shrooms are good.

They sound fake if they didn't at least make things off colour and all wavey.

50 fresh is probably too much.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3160717 - 09/21/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

eat a whole eigth

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms didn't work for me?? [Re: gdman]
    #3161078 - 09/21/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gdman420 said:
eat a whole eigth

Take no more than 3 grams...

A HQ COULD BE TOO MUCH!!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: shrooms didn't work for me?? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3161101 - 09/21/04 07:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

3.5 grams isn't too much, eat that and you'll be tripping

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTcM4
Blazed

#3162474 - 09/21/04 11:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How biga boy are ya?

--------------------
I'm a professional smart ass.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3162681 - 09/22/04 12:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yo stonerprincess,
ok everyone has who has talked about the strength of shrooms being related to how they were preserved is right on the money, its just like herb, if the shrooms ever got real hot or if they were really old the could have lost most of their active substances, also, you might have a high tolerance, but dont let others let you think that being a bigger person will enable you to take more shrooms than some one who is skinny, it might be but isnt always true, i know big people( myself included ) who have been rocked by 1.5gs, and people 50lbs. lighter who ate the other half of the bag and didnt get off as well, its different almost every time,
it also matters how you eat the shrooms, if you chew them up in your mouth for a very long time you will get f'd up much more quickly than if you just kinda chew them and swallow them partially whole, the swallow them whole thing lets them dissolve in your stomach which takes a little longer, plus if you eat on a full stomach it might slow the effects or spread them out so that you wouldnt really get off. some people fast or eat on an empty stomach so that they trip harder, i get too hungry for that shaman stuff, i will be the only person trippin crazy and eating stuff, some cant handle it.
or the bag you got just sucked you should beat the dealer with a....  naw try again and you might have the time of your life.
peace 00
:mushroom2:

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
    #3174600 - 09/24/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but if you're on antidepressants the effects of mushrooms can be lessened a good bit. I am on zoloft(an SSRI) and I usually have to dose a bit higher than friends who aren't on SSRIs.

Another possiblity is that your friend was experiencing placebo, and your shrooms were not active. You could have been ripped off.

Normaly if I'm not feeling a trip, and I smoke some herb, the trip will kick in 10 fold.

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3174724 - 09/24/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Are you positive they were psycho-active mushrooms?

I'm sure you probably got them from a reliable source, or atleast you SHOULD HAVE if you didn't.  Mushrooms aren't something to fuck with.  I say screw that bunk ass dealer if they were fake, and grow some of your own.  That way you can be sure they were first off, real psycho-active mushrooms (cubensis probably for your first grow), and when they're drying (place where most potency is lost IMO) that they never hit temperatures high enough to break down the psilocin, and god lets hope that they never hit a high enough temperature to break the psilocybin down.

Anyway, sorry bout your luck babe.  Definately try again, don't give up after just this little skirmish.  Next time grow them or try buying from someone else.

- Silven :mushroom2:

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Edited by Silven (09/24/04 01:36 PM)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3174865 - 09/24/04 02:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Like "ANY" drug or pharmacutical , some folks are more sensitve to the effects than others , and some are less sensative to them .
Storage and prservation could also have played a role in this dilema of yours .
And yes some antibiotics can effect the active chems in mushies . Especially the new gens of antibiotics , like these 5 day ones , they are very powerfull .
Also did you eat a big old meal just prior to eating the mushies , I have found this can effect me , so I tend to fast prior to eating mushies , then once the effects of mushies kick in I eat lots of fruit to keep the bloodsugars in my system up .
Also the dose may have been a little low , jump up to 2 full grams or even 3 g's next time , give it a couple of weeks before trying again .
In some instances just like taking acid for the first time , your expectations are much higher than the actuall buzz you get .
If you bought them via the black market so to say , try another source , perhaps your supplier burned you .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3176926 - 09/24/04 11:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't really feel the effects of mushrooms my first time

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience