Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
So you think reality is changing and our consciousness is..
    #3154282 - 09/19/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

.. expanding, eh?? Or some shit. Ok, let's play this forum's newest game: First..

That's right, I'm going to make this post without any pants on.. there we go, and I'll start with the same small, weak, petty, whatever insults that seem to be putting all your balls in a knot. If you're of the ilk that believes in a grand shift slowly coming about that is going to bring us into a new dimension, reality, mind-space, whatever, then I'm just going to say it straight up..

YOU ARE A.... Dimwit.. ouch are my insults offensive or what? Call the cops! I've always wanted to get a ticket for indecent exposure. I'd frame it and hang it up.

ok.. where were we. Oh yeah, that's cool if you want to believe that our collective consciousness is shifting. How could it not be? With population growth expanding exponentially, communication and trade barriers dropping constantly and our species' environment filling up with new and efficient technological artifacts, our collective mind is indeed changing. This is the conservative half of the "collective concsiousness" view.

The other (and sketchy) part is when people assert that they're watching grand new changes in reality, in the fundamental excercising of their minds, that due to cosmic alignments our species will become intergalactic astral voyagers. When someone says "I'm watching reality change all around me constantly" I wince and threaten that someone with violins.

ok.. all this drawing interrupts my mindflow yo like a crow i snort mad blow before i go to the show while my plants grow under the glow on the foty fo' flo'.. fo sho! oh

K I'm back.

The problem when people assert that globally we're becoming more "spiritually aware" is that they can't possibly know this. I was reading a book series.. Spiritwalker, Visionseeker, and something else by one of those neo-western shamans, and in one of the books he decided to show facts promoting the view that we are conserving and getting more in touch with "spirituality" in general. He had some optimistic statistics, but he was smart enough to admit he could easily gather enough numbers to prove that interest in ancient spiritual methods was declining fast in favour of SUVs and big macs. When we ask the question "Is global consciousness shifting towards a new dimension" we seek an answer, and before our search even gets off the ground, our perspective is limited first by the fundamental inadequacies of our organism's perceptual and conceptual systems (as in, we're only one entity lacking.. uh.. omnipotence). Next we find that any statistics we find are very limited in scope and specific, capable of shedding light on very little. It's like looking at the mona lisa in the dark with a tiny laser beam.

Ok, so you've realized this, and you no longer depend on outside sources to prove to you that the world is changing. Maybe tornadoes are more likely to strike now than ever, or maybe we only just set up machinery to detect and record them. You see the problems with this thinking so instead you assert "I know the world is changing because I can FEEL my reality opening up every day I know that reality is altering quickly now because I can FEEL it, and nobody can disprove what I know deep inside to be true!"

Well EXcuUUuuSE me, but that's a given, FOO'! If you're alive, then you are changing. That's how life works.. you grow and become aware of new things. This is not amazing. Everybody is feeling this because growth and change define life more than almost anything else. This has nothing to do with the ascension of our species, this is you, and it's been a feeling humans have had since they made weapons with rocks. It's totally natural and doesn't point towards an expanding of our species' mind's potential. It does not prove that our entire species' is entering a new dimension.

I prescribe a healthy dose of ah.. some of you would accuse me of telling people to take the self-doubt pill, but that's not it.. Try a humbling acceptance of your inherent shortcomings as an individual human rooted by a nervous system incapable of omnipotence. You can't know that external reality is changing, or that the realizations you are having are an idiosyncracy of a new "age." And that's.. the bottom line

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness is.. [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3154453 - 09/19/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thats no ant hill and put some damn pants on... please

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Edited by MellowMood (09/19/04 10:37 PM)

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness is.. [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3154456 - 09/19/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

poorly Done but a few good points. Man's brain is the same as it has been since Homosapien became a race. We "think" the same way we have for many many hundreds of years what we think about is the main thing that has changed. What people think about I can not say I don't read minds at lest not well. But I have not noticed more spirituality in fact I've noticed less then say the 70's or even the early 90's "new age ring a bell?" kinda a disappointment really.

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3154496 - 09/19/04 10:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'll play. I think reality is what we make of it via our attitudes- just like always. I think what is changing is the rate we change how we look at reality. I think as far as consciousness expansion goes, we are just seeing what has always been there that we didn't see before at ever quickening rates. maybe for all the reasons you mentioned. Who cares, its still cool fun.

I prescribe to no calender or theory as to why this is so. Sure, this has happened all throughout history but NOT at the current rate. This is NO DIFFERENT then how we went tens of thousands of years lighting and heating our homes with fire and then look at all the techy shit we have to play with now in just the last 100 years.

Same thing with conscious awareness. Thats my take on all of this, subject to change as more information and experience comes my way.
Who cares why it is happening, we are evolving much more quickly anyway you look at it and we are digging it. Even if its just technology reflecting itself back at human potential and what it can "invent" or create it is amazing to be alive here today.

I appreciate life right now for whatever reason it is or isn't happening.  Sometimes, mix, I wonder if you just have a problem with people who can get high on life, ya know, people who look for reasons to feel good, be happy and see the good in all. If people are stoked about shit in a positive way, what do you care to change that or take it away from them? Do you ever ask yourself these questions?

Looks like you get stoked beating on people with guitars naked. I don't care, but I do wonder what your therapist has to say about your drawings.  :nut:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/19/04 10:48 PM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness is.. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3154760 - 09/20/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if you just have a problem with people who can get high on life
I'm sure it would suit your paradigm to believe that I go through life as a miserable jerk shitting on everybody, or at least that I don't personally "get high on life."

If people are stoked about shit in a positive way
This statement betrays your failure to understand the pre-school level concept that what is positive to one person may not be positive to the next. Joe is sitting on the front porch of his house all stoked because he just finished building it. You seem to be asking me to say "YAY Joe YAY" and not shit on his parade because he's happy for his great accomplishment. But if I know that he lives on a slippery slope that slides every spring, I'm going to be "negative" and point out to him that his house is a worthless death trap piece of shit. This isn't going to make him happy in the short term but he'll be glad next year when he watches the piece of land his house WAS on slip down the mountain beside his new house's new location. Simple?

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3154825 - 09/20/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: you sir a good comedian...

I would say: I think the people who get all hoo-haad up about this 'drastic change' are the ones that realize it is happening at a RATE so much faster.. so what: this is science, the snowball effect, perfectly demonstrated by humans and their evolutions... SO WHAT right? well actuallly, what[/].. I mean you need to think about it, of course this is the course of nature and the only way it could of happened blah blah blah, but even still you must not overlook the challenges we will be facing..

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #3154831 - 09/20/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Mix:

YOU ARE A.... Dimwit..

Love you too, Mix.  :iloveyou: :hug:

Try a humbling acceptance of your inherent shortcomings as an individual human rooted by a nervous system incapable of omnipotence.

Uhhh....it wasn't very humbling. I learned from my shortcomings---->made them into long-comings. You should try it, it seems you must hold many that humble you in such the way you described.

Anyways enough of this...    One question, if you'll please:

What is it that you hope to achieve through these posts of yours?

PS- I liked your drawings (seriously)- it adds a nice element to the post, as I'm sure you know. :grin:

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness is.. [Re: Teragon]
    #3154856 - 09/20/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What is it that you hope to achieve through these posts of yours?

I do it for.. the.. POWER

See a couple weeks ago I cracked my skull and while I wrestle my nerves for control over the right side of my face I thought I'd do some posting here.. Cun yu telll 'ah jus got a hed injry?

You know how constipated people like to just sit on the toilet and practice tying and untying knots while their bowels sloooowly squeeze out.. ah, you know what I mean. I'm in a similiar situation.. do what you will with the metaphor but if you make some coin with it send me 10%.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3155075 - 09/20/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Mix, you've changed your writing style, or maybe I'm just getting used to it.  But that first post is hilarious, even if it makes fun of people.  :grin:

I read some of the new age "shit", and I don't know if I believe it or not.  There IS something about brain frequencies, but I don't know if knowledge is speeding up, and I don't know if I can alter my reality. 

Well, the bible says we can alter our reality, and that that is why we should be careful of the words that we let fall from our lips.

But the knowledge speeding up thing...

As we get older, we acquire knowledge kind of exponentially.  It takes us a long time to get to age 20, because everything we are learning is new.  We learn more from 20 to 30, but time moves more quickly because we are learning at a more rapid pace.  We are adding to the knowledge that we already have, and which makes it easier to learn.

Same happens in our 30s and 40s.  We have learned so much by our 40s that it becomes easier and easier to absorb more and more.  There's no way we could have assimilated what we learn in our 40s and 50s and even older.

Therefore, it appears that we are gaining more and more knowledge, that somehow the universe is sharing more and more with us, but the truth is that we are just better at assimilating the information that we come by, the older we get, so that we learn more and more, faster and faster, so that it gives also the appearance that time is speeding up.

Just my thoughts on some of this.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#3155109 - 09/20/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
You can't know that external reality is changing, or that the realizations you are having are an idiosyncracy of a new "age." And that's.. the bottom line

Nobody EVER said that external reality was changing

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness is.. [Re: Frog]
    #3155235 - 09/20/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Frog,

You made me stop to consider soooo many 15 to 22 year olds out there that are so "wise" for their years in so many ways. They are experiencing all kinds of far out insights and understandings. Many I come accross on boards are experiencing all sorts of "spiritual phenomonon" as well and its very natural and comfortable for them too.

I wish I could bring a handful of them here, they would blow your mind. And the 10 and unders are just freaky. So many are demostrating ESP abilities-just randomly, not at will, like my daughter, nephew and the neighbor kid.

Like when I'm watching my nephew, he'll come out and go "aw my parents are back, i don't want to go yet." I'm like , "they arn't expected back for at least an hour. What are you talking about?" Two minutes later the doorbell rings. It's them. Stuff like that.

Are you familiar with james twymans psychic children? There's a global group of kids and teens all in telepathic communication with each other. Talk about wireless long distance communication without the technology.

A friend of mine went to the first global meeting and was blown away at how intimatly these kids new each other without having ever spoken with each other through e-mail, letters or the phone etc.

Other groups even sponcer camps for psychic children out there as well to help them not feel so strange for their abilities. New private type schools are openning where they are incorporating classes on quantum physics and alternative healing.

Even Harvards Medical School is getting in on energy medicine with their CAM program..

There is some freaky shit going on with the youngins.

Maybe this was always the case too and people are just noticing it more now as we open up to it and the 20 ish ones are just feeling more comfortable talking about it.

I was not at all like these ones I refer to at that age. They are highly in touch with their cosmic consciousness before age 22.

Like I said, maybe the only change is that we are noticing what has always been and are more in tune and accepting of it now and not so much in denial and dissmissal. Even this is a significant change though.

Maybe I was or could've been in touch with cosmic consciousness and just kept it shut off because I was in denial at that age because it wasn't "normal" or because I didn't understand it, thought it was scary or even knew what it was by explaination. Who knows. I know I think its all cool cool.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/20/04 11:18 AM)

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness is.. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3155245 - 09/20/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I heard in china they opened new age school and kindergarden. There children are encouraged to play with thier invisible mates and day dream , etc.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3155433 - 09/20/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jiggy, I've met a few really smart and wise young people, but that's no more true today than it was 50 years ago.  There are always going to be kids who are wise beyond their years. 

It COULD BE TRUE that time and knowledge are speeding up, but I only ever hear talk about it.  I don't see evidence of what you are talking about. 

I like to think that there's this great cosmic consciousness, that we are all somehow connected, etc., but I don't really see evidence of it too much.

Like what you are talking about...the kid saying his parents are home and 2 minutes later the doorbell rings...there have always been claims of someone being psychic.  I don't doubt that psychics exist.  I just don't believe that suddenly our world if full of school-age psychics.  Where are they?  Why aren't they being paraded across the news media or something? 

I'm not trying to be a skeptic.  I personally believe in a lot of things.  But there are a lot of things spoken of here of which no proof or sources are ever cited.  There is SOMETHING going on in the world, but I don't believe it's anything that hasn't ever been going on before.

And maybe I'll end up being wrong and proof will be forthcoming.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness i [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3155469 - 09/20/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt read that thing, so i'm just gonna say... we are learning to understand our brain better.

rock on!

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3155636 - 09/20/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Im thinking that the kids who develope these psychic abilities, are a result of very minimum or no negativity (attachment, hate, etc) at a young age,.......so they start to look at things with exitement and curiosity........really, think about it, 100 years ago, people always had problems and no love, so obviously these kids would grow up to be the same, even at primitive times........but now life is alot easier so, obviously people are gonna look at the word from a higher perspective......my 2 cents :smile:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: So you think reality is changing and our consciousness i [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3155665 - 09/20/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Again, i dont know that the human race as whole is evolving in the same way or according to some set timeline.

I just know that recently, i have had a series of revelations and experiences that have opend different realms of experience for me, which are fun and enlightening.

I also know that after having those experiences independently, i discoverd that many other people in different circumstances were having veeery similar experiences. Thus leading me to speculate that at least for some sector of the population, a new school of thought is originating in different places to different people.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3155987 - 09/20/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree, that collectively there will not be some instantaneous astral alignment or whatever fiction writers get off on to make their buck. However, personal change of a similar nature, can and will take place if you allow it and look hard enough for it.

The crazy thing about this world is the interconnectiveness of it all. Since we number in the billions, it's easy to pass off all of "external" reality as the work of others, of which we were born into its framework, and of which will exist long after we die. The truth though is that the individual consciouses and experiences of billions of people, each viewing themself as the center, all interwovenly created this place for ourselves. A hundred years from now, most of everyone alive today will be dead, yet we can assume that the society and intellectual discoveries will be passed down, almost like a trickling river. Of course, you say, this is because not everyone dies at the same time, that as each person dies, others are born, and the cycle is never ended so long as we reproduce. But this passing down of information, and in essence - perception, seems external to our species. We feel that there's so much outside ourselves in this world, when really, it is all manifestations of ourselves, a refinery of the earth by us, fragments of the earth.

So where am I going with this stoned ramble?

When personal consciousness changes occur, they spread via communication and shared perception. Others will follow suit, and slowly by slowing, the change will become accelerated, as our society's change away from pre-human conditions have. So, while this won't be instantaneous, and it won't be external to ourselves, this change can and will happen if we seek it, and so long as we share it- the process will become accelerated until eventually it reaches near instantaneous mass enlightenment, a human peak of evolution, in which we are full aware of ourselves, and the true nature of the one being. 2012 seems a little early, but surely others have been experiencing this change for a long time, such as ol' Siddhartha, the ever popular Jesus, and many others who chose to remain unknown.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3157272 - 09/20/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Reality is not changing. There is no true overiding "master" reality. We just have agreements about the nature of our existance in order that we may effectively communicate. This is the consensual reality, but it is NOT really reality. Reality is completely in the mind and attitudes of the individual. It is not expanding as a whole. To say that people are now more spiritually aware, even, is a fallacy. Our culture is moving towards a greater environmental awareness, but this is purely for survival. Throughout my life I have heard of these young people "wise beyond their years" but the deal is that some are spiritually aware and some are not...and many of the ones that are have fallen into a bunch of new age minutiae that is meaningless within itself. To think that one is wise, oneself, is merely the ego reasuring itself in it's self importance. We are not entering the Age of Aquarius spiritually or expanding as we approach 2012 what ever that is supposed to be (and even the people who shout it don't understand what it means) I've been hearing this since the 60s and nothing has really changed in that respect. So I totally agree.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3157433 - 09/20/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jiggy and Cleaner: Re: genius children in special schools with newfound abilities..

Finding children with special abilities and putting them in new special programs and schools is nothing new. In paleolithic shamanistic cultures children are identified from very young ages to undergo initiation into special training. Adults' fascination with seemingly "special powers" in their and other's children is as old as our species.

I was selected for gifted programs from time to time going through public school. Apparently I caught the attention of my teachers enough that I was allowed to skip classes and go the library working on my own things.. I just doodled, though. Same with my friends who were in the program. The grown-ups wanted to believe that we were special children, with perspective greater than those around us. I suppose they expected we would work on projects and do great things if given the chance.. but they were wrong.

Adults have a tendency to misunderstand the inner workings of a child's mind and read into the younguns behaviour in very misguided ways. Like when my kindergarten teacher insisted to my parents that I was a mental retard with no memory.. haha

So what was I saying? Oh yeah, adults don't know shit about kids, and they should quit forcing their aspirations on them with nonsense like international psychic networks. Such an outlandish claim would be so so so so SO simple to prove and so amazing to behold that if there were anything to it beyond silly hopeful adults with no understanding of the children we'd all here about it and all kinds of government agencies would be all over it.

--------------- THIS IS NOT NEW ------------------------

-------------------GET OVER IT----------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#3157492 - 09/20/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Try a humbling acceptance of your inherent shortcomings as an individual human rooted by a nervous system incapable of omnipotence.

Sounds like a trip report.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds