Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedid alot of acid
journeyman
HELP!!!
    #315713 - 05/12/01 01:37 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i innoculated 12 1/2 pint jars with a mix of manure brf and verm, with panaleouse cyan. spores. im pretty sure i didnt put enough spores in because i had 12cc and after i did the 12 jars i had 4cc left. i just pushed the syringe till i saw some liquid come out and then stopped. i saw first signs of mycelium after 2 weeks, and there was only 1 tiny splotch in two of the jars. 3 days later (today) the blotches grew a tiny bit and ther is another one in one of those soame 2 jars. i can see tiny bits of mycelium forming in most of the jars but its been a long time since i innoculated them and there should be alot more mycelium. ive had a few ideas but wasnt sure if i should do them untill i posted here.
1) should i take the tape off the four innoculation hole?
2) should i put a liitle bit more spores in the jars?
3) should i take the jars out of the dark and let them have some light?
4)should i put the jars in a chamber with some perlite to keep the humidity high?
thanks

STAY AWAY FROM THE BROWN ACID!!!!!!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: HELP!!! [Re: did alot of acid]
    #315723 - 05/12/01 01:54 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

relax give it some time there are thousands of spores in the syringe and quit picking them up ever 3 hours to check them your gonna contaminate them after7-10 more days if you see nothing then dump them and finish of the 4cc's

remember, behind every great fortune there is an even greater crime

OfflineWhereAbouts
enthusiast
Loc: WhereAbouts
    #315750 - 05/12/01 02:23 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

take the tape off about half way through colonization

dont put more spores in the jars. this messes things up with the timing and can introduce contams which would be a waste at this point

dont give the jars light. this starts the pinning process

dont give the jars humidity. this also starts the pinning process.

i dont understand why you made jars with manure. you are supposed to spawn the manure with colonized grain, not just shoot spore solution on the manure. i wonder if this will still work cause of the brf and verm in there???

why didnt you carefuly measure the cc's used in each hole/jar??? this helps alot, and now things could be messed up. your project wont fail, but it will take forever to colonize completely which might cause contams. are you allowing these jars to sit in some type of incubation chamber? or do you have heat on them in any way?

good luck with the whole thing though. hope that it turns out ok for ya
Later

"One toke you poor fool...wait til you see those god damned bats."

--------------------

Offlinedid alot of acid
journeyman
Re: HELP!!! [Re: WhereAbouts]
    #315777 - 05/12/01 02:59 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

whats an incubation chamber? i put the manure in there cus i posted a question and someone told me to use that substrate. it says you dont need to spawn it if you do that, just crumble the cakes, let them heal, then put on 50/50 + casing.

--------------------

OfflineWhereAbouts
enthusiast
Loc: WhereAbouts
    #316922 - 05/14/01 01:00 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

an incubation chamber is anything that holds your jars and has heat control to them. this allows for a very fast colonization rate, and helps to reduce contams while the colonize. i think that what they meant was let your cakes colonize, then crumble and mix with manure, then case. i have never heard of brf, verm and manure as a substrate in jars????? who knows though. who told you that?
Later

--------------------

Offlinedid alot of acid
journeyman
Re: HELP!!! [Re: WhereAbouts]
    #318038 - 05/15/01 05:07 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

a couple people told me that. and i also posted some things asking if it would work. theres mycelium now but theres only a few blotches were its really noticable and the rest is super small and fine. it looks like a whole bunch of tiny strings. you can also see the substrate really clearly behind it. is this mycelium? and if it is, is it good enough to produce shrooms after the cakes are fully colonized?

--------------------

Offlinepl151

#318340 - 05/16/01 01:27 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i reccomend keeping the temp at around 90 fro the jars. i put my jars in a draw an dhad a heater face the draw while closed so heat could gather but not directly heat the jars dead on. i used a thermometer to keep track of the temp an di fully colonized at about 2weeks. try it out hope it woks for u good luck

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale