Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

A word of advice....
    #3154458 - 09/19/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

....to those who are planning to trip for the first time:

DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF.

If you have some kind of emotional baggage that you are denying, reality will come back to slap you in the face.

I had what I consider to be my first real psychadelic experience last weekend.  I ate about an eighth of dry mushies to myself.  One of the first things I noticed was that the wood paneling of my friend's living room wall was full of faces, the knots in the wood were all eyes staring at me.  That was a little unnerving, so I left the room and went outside.  That calmed me down a bit, as the trees seemed to be swaying in slow motion. Then I noticed that the spaces of light between the boughs formed into eyes too. 

I felt watched, exposed, and my mind seemed like it was moving too fast.  A lot of thoughts surfaced that I wasn't expecting.  I won't get into specific details, but I will say that they made me realize a lot of things about myself that I just didn't want to see before.  I felt like the buffer of my ego was peeled away, and I was pressed naked to grind against a harsh reality. 

Let me tell you, by this point it was not what I would call a fun time.. but that's not to say it was not worth the experience.  For two days after the trip I was very depressed about the fact that I had been lying to myself for so long.  Since I overcame that depression I've been making an effort to accept and work through my problems instead of ignoring them, and to be more truthful to myself. 

So, though not exactly a great time, I'd say the over all results of the trip were positive.  Even so, I will definitely be getting my shit together before I plan on tripping again, and recommend the same to anyone else who is unsure about whether or not they should trip. 

In the words of the oracle:  KNOW THYSELF.

That being said, good times and happy trails! :heart: :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: A word of advice.... [Re: evilchipmunk]
    #3154541 - 09/19/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

good understanding. In times if despair during a psychedelic experience I realize my position. To better my mind I do the complete opposite. If I feel insecure I take off all my close and I am no longer bound by the limits of self awareness. Just an idea, but of course I am alone when I do this. Or I take a shower and all is washed from my mind. The opposite sometimes cheers you up. And pace meanings to actions.

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #3154616 - 09/19/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's probably the best adivce you can give to a new tripper.  Glad to see you're working things out :heart:

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3154774 - 09/20/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Nice post. Contribute to the trippers FAQ, perhaps?

Been there, done that. Fuckin' a.:nonono:

Oh, and AhHaHaHa, showers are a great tool for a bad trip. I found myself lost in negative cyclical thought loops, which then transformed into a feeling/tangible 'blackness' over me. I could anticipate the drops of water hitting me exactly as they had, and they were beautiful. Rainbows, but mostly golden. I could 'see' in my mind how they were cutting holes in the blackness that was, literally and figuratively, washing away. Cleansed of worldly pollutions.. it was fantastic.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3155757 - 09/20/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, that almost sounds like a touch of an Igobain(sp?) experience...! It is too bad that you were not able to get a resolve before the end of your trip.... I find that if I have a negative thought while tripping, I try to anylize what I am thinking.... If it is something I can change in my life, I focus on the positives that could happen if I were to change them to get me out of the "bad thoughts" loop.... If it is not something I can change, I think about why it happened, accept that I cannot change it, and know that I am a better person for it happening.... Your past experiences define our current charactors/personallities.... That which does not kill you makes you stronger - inside and out.... It is too bad that you had such a negative experience the first time to bat.... Before you trip again, I would suggest medetating on what you found negative (if you have not already) and except it in your life, or make the changes nessasary to help you cope with the deeper problems.... Maybe you needed this bad trip to help you in your life at this time....?

To test the waters, I would start out on a lower dose next time to see if you have resolved your issues....

Note, I am not a doctor, and I am not all-knowing.... So please take my ideas for what they are, ideas....

ChoW~

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: A word of advice.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3155863 - 09/20/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all your support/ideas guys. 

AhHaHaHa, I never thought of that opposites thing!  I will keep that in mind next time I trip, it sounds just crazy enough to work. :wink:

Gimpy, I definitely think that I needed this trip, even if it wasn't a 'fun' experience, I learned a lot from it and don't regret it at all.  Actually, I did do a lower dose my first time, only about 2 dry grams.  Nothing drastic happened, a few light visuals and a good case of the giggles, and that trip was very fun and relaxing.  The trip I'm talking about in this post is my second, but I consider it to be my first 'real' psychadelic experience since it was far more profound.  But yes, you can bet I have been (and will be) medetating on these 'issues' that came up during my trip, and hope to work through them so that my next trip will be a happy, more spiritually fulfilling experience.

Again, thanks to everyone who's posted!  Any more ideas or  suggestions are most definitely welcome!

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3157245 - 09/20/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's always great to hear about a 'bad trip' being a good experience.

In my experience, it's the normal size doses that are most likely to go 'bad'. On a small dose, your mind will wander, but I usually feel strong enough to bring it back if I have to. On stronger doses, the forces that pull you are so strong. For me, I've found that if I let go, and as long as I don't fight it, it will take me where it will.. And yes, some of it can be absolutely terrifying, but I somehow manage to let go of myself, my life, and everything because this force is so strong.

However, when you've got a dose like an 1/8 (for me at least.. everyone's different) it seems that your mind wanders in a closer to home type way. I find it easier to get stuck in scary thought cycles. And since you're still you, and maybe not letting go, it's like you're stuck between worlds. This is when real life issues surface for me, responsibilities, past events, etc.

Of course, these things happen on higher doses too, all the time.. just not as likely for me personally. (anyone have any idea what I'm saying or.. am I babbling again?). And, if and when they do happen on a higher dose.. the freak out is much further from reality.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
Re: A word of advice.... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3163708 - 09/22/04 05:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I couldn't agree more, elgr. There is so much more to distract you on a high dose trip.
Having said that, I won't trip at all if I'm REALLY preoccupied with something.
It bites you on the arse!
Happy, happy trails......

--------------------
LURK

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3166360 - 09/22/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

On a similar note, I'd say this advice applies to situations where your attention has been focused on something intently for the past couple days. If you are in college, the day you get done with a test you have been studying a lot for is an awful day to trip. I took a class on philosophy of mind, and after the midterm I got about 4.5 dried grames of azurenscens. The bird that I got them from warned me, saying "this type of mushroom is a lot more potent then the other types, I wouldn't eat the whole bag at once." Well, the previous time I had split an eighth, and what did I do, but went and mixed the whole bag in some juice in a blender and chug.

Well, it was a very intense good ride, but, um, yeah, in a similar vein to what evilchipmunk said, don't do a huge dose of psychedelics if you have recently just finished dealing with a stressful event, especially stressful events that involve contemplating the nature of reality. It took me a long time before I thought anything was real again (more then a week), and I'm still not quite convinced.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: A word of advice.... [Re: tomk]
    #3166920 - 09/22/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Don't those usually take.. a gram or so for a decent dose?

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3167669 - 09/22/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Gram or less, but does it really matter if everything is real or not?
I like thinking of reality as a big dream we all dreamed one day long ago...

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order