Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
EQ's small??
    #3155072 - 09/20/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

here's a picture of where my first casing stands right now:

As you can see, the fruits are quite small (the veil has broken already on some of them) These are quite a bit smaller than I'm used to getting with the GT's. Are EQ's a smaller strain or is this because it's the first flush?

Should I pick the ones that have fully matured, or wait untill all the veils have broken?

Also, the casing layer has become very dry - I know I cant mist with the fruits there, so after they're picked, how would I go about rehydrating the casing layer?

Sorry for the 20 questions - any help would be appreciated....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecaimen
the unknown
Loc: HERE
Re: EQ's small?? [Re: Cornelius]
    #3155128 - 09/20/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have found that lack of water was the rason for my small fruit. the frsit flush looked alot like yours short and stuby. after picking the fruit. dunk it for 24 hrs add a light layer of casing and keep moist untill pins are forming ! next flush should be bigger. I had seen a post about misting. the casing is now keep MOIST Not wet but not dry.( if that makes sence )Now the pinset is even and the fruits reach full size. Do a search!

--------------------
MAN Made Speed
GOD Made Weed
<Who do YOU TRUST ? >

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25954

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Re: EQ's small?? [Re: caimen]
    #3155148 - 09/20/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

how do I dunk a casing???

I didn't see this in any search....

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3155883 - 09/20/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree 100%. I've gotten the same with Brazils. 11-15 gram first flushes to 23-35 gram second flushes.

If that is a quart casing then you can do as I do and get some Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) and make a 10% solution of that (just pour a bit into the bottom) and then fill with water. Ends up being like 2000mls total, 200mls of which is H202. The casing will float. Then take tin foil and VERY tightly curl it under the edges and seal it good then put in your fridge for 24 hours. When its done, let it drain and throw some casing around the sides and in any holes. Then mist and throw into your fruiting chamber. I always end up with a better second flush.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinescifi5001
Deranger
 User Gallery

Loc: fi
    #3158659 - 09/21/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This from the 3rd flush if i remember correctly (grown on rye, casing perhaps was a little bigger than yours).

Usually the 1st flush gives me a lot of even sized pretty small shrooms but the following flushes the amount of shrooms drop and the size increases.

Edited by scifi5001 (09/21/04 12:03 AM)

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3161196 - 09/21/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just your grow, not a strain thing.

I had 4 mushrooms over 50g and one of them over 75g in my EQ grow on the first flush. Though the substrate was almost 2" thick, there were not only a few really big ones but nice ones all over. A few of the caps easily had a diameter larger than the length of a cigarette.
I did dunk before birthing (it took a month to colonize).

Strange thing is, the casing was not misted or fanned for the last 2 1/2 days before harvest. We came back to find a sick first flush.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: EQ's small?? [Re: holio1]
    #3164422 - 09/22/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

holio1 said:
Strange thing is, the casing was not misted or fanned for the last 2 1/2 days before harvest. We came back to find a sick first flush.

I've found the last few days not to be so important to them as well..once the pinset is in its best to let nature do its thing and not worry about them.

How you grow mushies will affect their size more then strain. I've heard of people getting large mushrooms from just about every strain, especially from eq's. Thicker casings and possibly poo/straw could increase size. Thicker the substrate bigger the mushrooms. I've also noticed in some strains that 1st flush is not only smaller in fruit sizes but overall yeild.. Could also have a lot to do with me dunking casings only after the first flush and not before...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (09/22/04 11:31 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order