Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
they didn't go down our road
    #3154627 - 09/20/04 01:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i'm thinking now about the people we've shared intimate, very impressionable, uplifting, and spirited experiences with that have not been influenced by psychoactive drugs/entheogens. i want you to think about someone, and perhaps, if you wish, share something.
for me, i'm thinking of somebody who passed away about a year ago from now. i met him a couple years ago while i was going through a break up in a relationship at a bar. i was extremely attracted to him sexually, blown away by his mannerisms, and had a strong sense that he experienced the things i did on psychedelics on a day to day basis ---- all of this i viewed from watching over him, i didn't have the balls to speak with him! well, 'lo and behold from across the bar he bought me a drink and waved me over to speak with him. before i knew it, after some small talk about my love life, he told me i could come stay with him as i figured out a new place to live. i thought it a bit naive to ask a stranger something like this without knowing him, and figured he really must be attracted to me. before i knew it, we were sharing deep metaphysical conversations. words i had never heard out of the mouth of anyone who had served a place in the military, had went through seminary school, or for god's sake was a gay, leather men biker! he brought to me all sorts of ideas about jesus being this high level being that came down into our world to help guide us home. the originality of his metaphors to speak about these great mysterious he was experiencing were so so outstandingly spontaneous and rejuvinating. he was also so educated in all sorts of things that were very relevant to me at the time, for examples book refererences from Ram Dass like _The Pilgram's Way_.. so when i approached on his opinions about psychedelics told me that pot never did much for him but put him to sleep. that he could understand why people might experiment with lsd, but the one thing he couldn't understand is why people whose lives became more than they could handle after commencing and during their experimentation would continue to look to the psychedelics for guidance. he said, though, perhaps after 5 or so years break from them he could understand trying again with a fresh perspective. he gave me a phenomenal night that i'll never forget. when we got togother next and i thanked him, he told me that he didn't do without a reason, but that i had asked him for it, and that i'd understand what he meant some day down the road. it was really later, after sharing many more wonderful experiences with him and after he passed away that i realized how much the rest of the community at large here had been touched by this man and was even again reassured today after a community festival.

again, all i ask of yous is rememberance.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: they didn't go down our road [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #3154783 - 09/20/04 02:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I find these worshippy kinda "wow you know everything" / "I know everything baby" relationships kinda creepy.. how do you find they work for you?

PS you can all go on worshipping me though

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3154787 - 09/20/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Cosmic, I have posted before that I can't read paragraphs like that.  I don't have the time.  They make my brain hurt.  I come here for fun, and having to read a long run-on paragraph like that is like work. 

I love the things you post, Cosmic.  Hell, I like to read everything that people post here, even if I don't respond.  But can we make this a reminder post that the paragraphs should be broken up?  Like, every 3 to 4 sentences? 

I am not the only one who has requested this, btw.  Some people on this forum seem to have a difficult time reading long paragraphs.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: they didn't go down our road [Re: Frog]
    #3154805 - 09/20/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

there is alot of good thought written in that form... so what the person is typing so fast they forget punctuation, these thoughts are the deepest and truest to what someone is thinking... as far as what he is saying I think it is errelvent to his form, but I guess everyone has a niche... it only takes an extra minute to figure it out .. now that I am done defending non paragraphs and bad grammer( since I myself like to use it :lol:) I don;t know what to say to you Cosmic, except that if the experience was posative that is all that matters

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: they didn't go down our road [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3154919 - 09/20/04 03:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

sorry i gave you that impression, bro.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: they didn't go down our road [Re: Frog]
    #3154927 - 09/20/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

aye, it does look like brick. we'll see if i can do better next round. but, besides my monolithic brick of an experience, did my first paragraph convey anything meaningful to you?

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: they didn't go down our road [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3154941 - 09/20/04 03:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

you're right in a sense, but she is too... perhaps, especially after a few drinks (ahem), that i forget my voice which i converse with people and imparts all sorts of meaning isn't the lump sum of words which can be read as transcribed. i guess i wish posts could be unedited vocal dialogues, spoken words, in some .ram format, but i should better utilize what is here.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3155001 - 09/20/04 03:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You guys are both right.  And yes, experimental, I could go disect that paragraph, but I'm not going to.  And I will probably miss out, because CosmicJoke is one of my favorite reads.  I have ADHD. 

My understanding from different people I have talked to and from different forum to which I have belonged is that people with ADHD have a harder time reading big bricks like that than people who don't have ADHD. 

That is one of the reasons I break up my paragraphs.  I want to make it easy for all of us who can't read big bricks.  :grin:  And I also apologize, in advance, and after the fact.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology