Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
cunning linguist
loadsa mycelium, but nothing happening...
    #3152324 - 09/18/04 11:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hello again all, i am in something of a fix. i posted here a few weeks ago, explaining that as i live in taiwan there were temperature and humidity issues which i needed help with. some of you posted back with useful information. well, a week or so after setting up my kit (i bought a pre-colonized substrate deal), mycelium was forming nicely, and i had five nice fat shrooms spring forth. and then nothing. as a first flush, if that was it was, it was scant return on my investment of time and effort. since then there has been nothing. there were a few pinning shrooms come up, and then nothing. mycelium now covers the top of the kit, but nothing is happening and i am getting concerned. i have takien the advice of one of the posters who suggested that because of the heat here, i'd have to put the kit into an air conditioned room. i have done this, with the temp set at 23 degrees. they have been in there now for four days, and still nothing. what can i do to stimulate activity? the surface of the kit is fluffed in mycelium, so i know there is something going down. but what is the deal? is it too hot still? this keeping the air con on all day every day is a seemingly extreme way to control temperature, not to mention pricy. but i was so pleased when those first few came up that i was willing to try anything to get the most of the kit. any ideas, folks? much appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: loadsa mycelium, but nothing happening... [Re: whitemonkey]
    #3152782 - 09/19/04 01:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

a picture could help out alot.

it could be wrong humidity, wrong temps, or overlay. I can't really tell you, and I doubt many people here can tell you without a picture.

"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Got mycelium on the brain...

Re: loadsa mycelium, but nothing happening... [Re: whitemonkey]
    #3152815 - 09/19/04 01:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

23C degrees is probably OK. Are you using a fruiting chamber, or just the open air? If just open air then they are probably too dry, the air con will strip most all humidity from it. So you then need to put the kit in a fruiting chamber tub, which in turn you can keep cool by using ice, and keep humid by having a small nearly sealed volume of air. You didn't describe the kit you have so I don't know much about how you're set up, other than I'm visualizing a mycobag lying in the air conditioned room. If you described it in the other thread you were talking about, then give us a link.

Also first flushes are generally smaller than second.

And yeah, a pic would be a huge help.

Anywhere in this posting where I have referred to myself or my possessions, it is a personalization of events and items experienced or possessed by someone else.  I do not personally do anything illegal, and I hope nobody else does either.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation