Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetai
Stranger
black copes
    #3150318 - 09/17/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I went picking yesterday and grabed a pound of fresh copes. They pasted all tests so I sampled a big cap and it was great.

Question.....some of the copes were nearly black when I picked them. Is this OK? ( I am afraid to eat these or give them away)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: black copes [Re: tai]
    #3150441 - 09/17/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

a fresh pound of copelandia cyanescens
is roughly,
oh maybe
600 shrooms.total
maybe roughly.

"deliquenscing"
is The process of autodigestion by which the gills
and cap melt into a liquid.
Typical of the Coprinus genus and some species
of the Bolbitiaceae family.

Also including the Copelandia family.

They turn black, or almost deep-deep dark-blue,
because they are eating themselves,
or, autodigesting themselves..

Happy picking in TAIWAN
whereever it is you say your going.. :mushroom2:

we just assume that since your finding all these
Pounds and Pounds of copelandian mushrooms
you must be picking in southern florida.
of where not many shrooms are growing
anyways, because of the weather.

great luck in TAIWAN. lol :heart:

Offlinetai
Stranger
Re: black copes [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3150791 - 09/18/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Im not in Florida....Im in Taiwan. I have been here for 10 years. I picked the shrooms in cow patures in the south of that country. I didn't get six hundred, but I got at least 200. Seems like at least a pound, but to be honest I have not weighed them. Now there being dried. It took 3 hours. There are plenty here and the weather is sunny and about 80.

OfflineRambone
The 48thAmerican
 User Gallery

#3151084 - 09/18/04 07:47 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hello from across the world!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: black copes [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3151315 - 09/18/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Closer more to a 1000-1200 copes equal a pound since they are not all the same size or weight.

Liberty caps, which I picked for 15 years every fall at least, I use to count them as I pick them. Still do to kill time. then I take no notice of anything except what I am picking. But even you have found nice larger capped and stemmed copes. Little baby Copes when fresh can be more potent by the ounce than four to five large specimens weiginhg an ounce.

AS Stijve noted in his paper on Copelandias froj various sources in his human research programs, he gave four Europeans subjects one dried gram of copes from a pooled collection of copes from hawaii and found that all four people who ate them said they had a most rewarding experience and compared it closely to a dried gram of liberty caps.

Usually Copes, because of improper handling and storage and in drying tend to lose a lot of their potency. But both GGreatOne234 and I have shown beautiful collections of white copes with hardly any oxidation.

When collecting copes, they should all be laid gently onto one another in the box used to collect (plastic open container or lay in a paper bag which is never crumpled up but kept open and carried as if it was a cup of hot coffee so the shrooms in the bag do not get bounced or tossed around. And in drying, each and every mushroom should be laid to dry separately away from one another and never touching another stem or cap. that always causes lots of oxidation. Especially when squeezed when picked and then when tossed into a bag.

Here is a cardboard box of some cope specimens drying, the stems on many of these were a brownish tinge when collected, and some had both the usual white to offwhitish or yellowish white of some specimens in the ones when fresh.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3151339 - 09/18/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Tai, please post a pictuere. you can go to any internet cafe in Taiwan and place the shrooms on a scanner, save tot he desktop or a disc and then post a few here so we can =determine if they are copes you are picking.

If it took you three hours to dry them then yuou must bne using a dehydrator because it usually takes a day int he sun light outside to dry a pound.

7-10 fresh mushrooms wouold be a dose if they are copes uless you have a high tolerance and many in Hawaii eat form fifty to two hundred shrooms after a few years of weekly use.

This is only noted with Copelandia species.

However, I know one person in Seattle who eats a fresh quarter ounce of baby Psilocybe cyanescens, enought for five to six doses for a single high for him. He eats one to two ounces of fresh liberty caps which are from 5-8 doses for normal people.

And picking and eating old rotted or not in good conditioned shrooms is not the healthiest way to go about enjoying what it is yuou are doing.

Here are some shrooms damaged from riding in a cardboard box in buffalo manure 600 kioometers overnight on a tourist bus from Surat Thani province to Chulalongkorn University. Mamny shrooms survived the trip but the taller ones broke on turns and bends in the road while A crazed Thai bus driver trans[ported them along with a bus load of tourists overnight to Bangkok.

and here are some in the box which survived the bus ride the next moerning when I was called to come into the university to check them out.

A femal biology teacher who is doing DNA for me for the apaers I am writiing got them overnight from her father who said there were thousands of them int he buffalo shit on their farm in Surat Thani.

mj.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: black copes [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3151359 - 09/18/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said: Little baby Copes when fresh can be more potent by the ounce than four to five large specimens weiginhg an ounce.

I didn't know that. I've always picked selectively for the larger ones for the dry weight.

Also, I think the cell structure of copes is alot weaker than that of, say cubensis, That would explain the comparitive loss in potency in the drying process. Sometimes the dried stems resemble little black hairs, frustrating. Thanks for the tips, mj!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: black copes [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3151943 - 09/18/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

my appologize for the confusing about your locality, tai.

------------------

yeah, little baby copelandia mushrooms,
can be,
insanely potent, most occassions.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3151979 - 09/18/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

those are some proud collections mj.

proud to see a mushroom which so delicately
stains blue, have no blue in the picture;

here is a single copelandia mushroom
showing bluing;

Offlinetai
Stranger
    #3152816 - 09/18/04 11:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Mj
I am having a huge problem drying these things...I used the ac for 24 hours and a fan...had them spead out. They shrunk alot but they are still wet. Im getting some new ones today...will try to get a photo to u.
Thanks...

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3153513 - 09/19/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

After about 24 hours they should go into a desiccant chamber to finish them off.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3157421 - 09/20/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Copelandia's (for the most part) take about 2 and 1/2 days to dry completely.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract