Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
lover of mystery

please help id pics included
    #3151267 - 09/18/04 04:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hi.  these kinda look like psilocybes to me though im fairly sure they are not because no bruising.  so i would like an id so i can be sure and so i know next time.  thanks ..  heres some pics.  the info requested in the rules thread is below the pics.  thanks for any help!

a. Habitat (where [state/province/country] and what does it grow on)
seattle, washington.. grows near foliage and under trees when i pulled them up they had all sorts of dirt still attatched.

b. Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
color is greyish brown to dark brown, im not sure but they look adnexed and if attached very little attatched. 

c. Measurements of cap and stem.

varies.. some the size of a quarter some two inches across.  stems 3 to 4 inches 

d. Characteristics of the stem (color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
color yellow pretty skinny like the diameter of a straw.  the insides of the stem is hard to describe..  like a bunch of tiny yellow threads put together not very solid, yet not hollow either.   

e. Characteristics of the cap (color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
yellowish brown uhh..  hard to say on the texture.. smooth, and pretty soft.  most are umbonate, but have a few that are not. 

f. Spore print color (very important!)
looks brownish purple to me but no bluing! check out the pic..

g. Color that the mushroom bruises
no bruising :frown:

h. Scent of mushroom

like a regular mushroom but more sharp.. hard to describe.  like woodsy smelling yet still smelling like a regular mushroom.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: please help id pics included [Re: secretmachine]
    #3152212 - 09/18/04 10:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think they are psilocybe's. I have found very similiar mushrooms in my area, same habitat as you described... can't remember what the exact species is and im not gonna guess.

I wouldn't eat em yet... wait till a more experienced user posts.

Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: please help id pics included [Re: secretmachine]
    #3152264 - 09/18/04 11:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well the top of the cap looks like a fairy ring mushroom to me, but from reading and seeing the rest of your post, I doubt they are.

Wait for Gumby
(but I can assure you they are NOT actives)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification