Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefurioustriffid
Stranger
Loc: new york (need ride to ra...
Re: What's it like to be a sheep? [Re: ]
    #320531 - 05/18/01 10:09 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

the 'truth' is a dream you may choose to believe in. you may choose to believe it actually matters what your fuckwad world history teacher says, or the fuckwad next to you believes. it seems like a waste of your energy to combat. you cannot win against the ego--ever
you cannot speak the truth in words, they were just invented by our smart bipedal predecessors
it may only be your own ego that desires to be "right"
it may only be the ego that desires to see "us" against "them" when in reality there is only "I," and "I" merely exists, and has never changed since the day it was born, and anything you believe about your 'self' is a lie that detracts from your connection to the infinite
it may be "we" are all the same as "them"--more conscious of the infinite--but so comfortably proud of our own consciousness to the point that cannot accept the perfection of each and every person, and the beauty of 'their' chaos, the absolute magnificence that they have mailboxes and telephones and that a store called 'Hot Topic' exists.
Could the whole world just stop its nonsense and throw paint and dance and laugh, make music and fuck all day?
even the awakened seem to let things anger them, and feel an attachment to a cause of saving the world or whatever--certainly a cause which the birds in the air don't feel
check out www.advaita.org and click on 'Ram Tzu' under sage pointers, read what he has to say
i've met a person who appeared to exist in a state of egoless perfect spontaneity with no drugs and he had formerly been a member of this discipline, now laughs at the idea of any such discipline existing, because nothing exists.......AAAAHHHHHH my brain is melting, my ego is holding fire to it and giggling

---

i wanna fuck sheep

--------------------
i wanna fuck sheep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: What's it like to be a sheep? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5674027 - 05/25/06 06:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
For the 'unawakened man,' which is most men, according to Georges Gurdjieff: "Man is a machine. All his deeds, actions, words, thoughts, feelings, convictions, opinions, and habits are the result of external influences, external impressions. Out of himself a man cannot produce a single thought, a single action. Everything he says, does, thinks, feels - all this happens. Man cannot discover anything, invent anything. It all happens....Everything happens - popular movements, wars, revolutions, changes of government, all this happens. And it happens in exactly the same way as everything happens in the life of individual man....But no one will ever believe you if you tell him he can do nothing. This is the most offensive and the most unpleasant thing you can tell people. It is particularly unpleasant and offensive because it is the truth, and nobody wants to know the truth."  - In Search of the Miraculous,
<br>by P.D. Ouspensky
<br><br><br>

Cheers  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order